Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • organic wanabe
    • By organic wanabe 2nd Feb 07, 10:50 AM
    • 801Posts
    • 755Thanks
    organic wanabe
    Do You Ever Eat Out and Wish You Hadn't Bothered?
    • 2nd Feb 07, 10:50 AM
    Do You Ever Eat Out and Wish You Hadn't Bothered? 2nd Feb 07 at 10:50 AM
    My DH is never very keen to eat out - but then he doesn't have to do the food shopping and cooking (although, to be fair, he does many other things around the house). Anyway we ate out last night and we were all disappointed. The food was uninspiring and, in some cases, overcooked. I know we should have complained - but we didn't.

Tonight I'm looking forward to HM lentil soup, HM pizza (trying a new recipe for the base - thanks Toxic Lemon) and salad, then HM yoghurt and fruit and, of course, a bottle of wine! I know it will all be delicious (provided I don't drink the wine before I start cooking ), made from good ingredients and costing very little. The joys and benefits of being OS.

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 20-02-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Page 10
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 17th May 18, 5:35 PM
    • 4,738 Posts
    • 9,937 Thanks
    minimad1970
    We go out for lunch once a week, sometimes to a carvery or somewhere more expensive. My favourite is Casa Brasil, I've never had a disappointing meal there. I don't like big plates of food so the carved meats and hot and cold buffet is ideal for me. I probably don't get my money's worth though but my son makes up for me
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th May 18, 8:40 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 57,001 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I have no choice but to eat out when I'm away with work
    Originally posted by JIL
    If I have to suffer being away from home, nothing beats a M&S picnic in my hotel room. I can eat what I like at a reasonable price with my feet up in front of the TV. Unless it's a 3-liner, I refuse to eat out.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • JIL
    • By JIL 17th May 18, 10:36 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 20,873 Thanks
    JIL
    If I have to suffer being away from home, nothing beats a M&S picnic in my hotel room. I can eat what I like at a reasonable price with my feet up in front of the TV. Unless it's a 3-liner, I refuse to eat out.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    If i am on my own i will often have a takeaway, I love the local Indian near an office I go to. I go in have an iced drink whilst my order is prepared, then I take it back to my room. I don't enjoy sitting in a restaurant by myself.
    If I am with other people I really go out more for the company than the food, but if the food happens to be nice then that's an added bonus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,667Posts Today

8,913Users online

Martin's Twitter