Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Strapped
    "Complete Savings" scheme
    • 19th Nov 11, 11:39 PM
    "Complete Savings" scheme 19th Nov 11 at 11:39 PM
    I just purchased something from TheHut.com and was then asked whether I wanted to join the "Complete Savings" scheme. I've never heard of them before.

So claim all your Complete Savings benefits... plus get your £15 cash back voucher! To get your £15 cash back voucher just make a purchase at thehut.com in the next 3 months. See full instructions on the next page to redeem your voucher and how to access your site and start saving today! Plus we'll send your Membership Pack email to you at your email address. Try all the benefits for the next 30 days FREE and see how much you save! There's no obligation to continue. If you are completely satisfied, do nothing and you'll be able to enjoy ongoing savings for only £10 a month and of course you have our Guarantee as described in the Offer and Billing Details! Retailers and discounts are updated often, so visit the Complete Savings website regularly to get the most out of your membership. You can save up to £100 every month!
    It also says in the fine print that Complete Savings is owned and operated by the Webloyalty group of companies.

I was briefly tempted to do the sign up and cancel before the 30 days is up, but reading the fine print, it seems a faff to actually claim the cash back (sending off a sales receipt) and so like most cash back schemes, doubtful as to whether you actually get the cash back. So I decided not to risk it, as sometimes these things can be difficult to cancel and enough people already have my card details!

Has anyone else heard of this scheme? Reading t'internet they seem to have some bad press, but it is mostly in the States. Scam? Genuine cashback scheme?

MoneySavingExpert.com insert

Complete Savings is part of the Webloyalty group. See our previous news story that relates to other companies in the group:

Beware costly subscriptions when shopping online
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 14-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
Page 14
    • ffs
    • By ffs 8th Jul 19, 6:12 PM
    • 279 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ffs
    £400 Completely Lost
    I have no recollection of ever giving 'Complete Savings' authorisation to take £15 pm from my account, but apparently this happened nearly 30 months ago

Is it possible that TheTrainline did this 'on my behalf'?

Now that they have £400 from me without me realising that I had inadvertently become a member, I'm not inclined to write it off without querying how this came about

Is there a standard letter I can send the Complete Savings asking them to show that I authorised these payments?

Before you ask, no I didn't notice the £15 a month exiting my bank account, and the handful of emails I received I dismissed as spam
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 8th Jul 19, 7:29 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 5,475 Thanks
    sheramber
    When you booked your ticket you would be given the option to sign up. Looks like you did this without realising what it was for

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/help/question/4140/can-i-cancel-my-complete-savings-my-time-rewards-membership
    • onashoestring
    • By onashoestring 22nd Jul 19, 8:11 PM
    • 247 Posts
    • 479 Thanks
    onashoestring
    £100 Cashback in 6 months.
    I joined in Feb 19 for the initial Welcome reward of £30 , the T&Cs are now very clear , unless you cancel you will be charged a monthly fee.
    I have decided to keep the account as I regularly purchase my tickets through Trainline , Complete Savings pay 10% cashback on all these purchases plus I have also had 10% Cashback when making online purchases at M&S, Wilko, eBay , London Theatre Direct , Travelodge & Crew Clothing.

In addition to a monthly bonus of £15 each month ( which covers the £15 monthly fee ) I’ve so far received £ 96:96 paid into my bank account.
    • ffs
    • By ffs 13th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    • 279 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ffs
    Strong Customer Authentication roll out starts this weekend, although the final implementation deadline is now in 18 months time

It will be interesting to see how this affects their business model
    • GG7
    • By GG7 14th Oct 19, 4:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GG7
    To join Complete Savings you have to give them your card details (for the monthly fee) and your bank account sort code and account number (the cashback is paid by electronic transfer). For any retailer to give your details to Complete Savings without your knowledge you would have to supply it with both of these pieces of information. It is highly unlikely that any online retailer would ask for both these items.

I have been a member for 30 months and have now received over £1800 in cashbacks and also had my monthly fee cancelled by the monthly bonus each month. I find that you even get your monthly bonus if you return the goods for a refund for whatever reason.

There was a problem recently in that eBay cashbacks were not being paid automatically and had to be claimed for manually. It obviously got so bad that they temporarily removed eBay for the list of retailers but thankfully it is now back again and so far all is well.

However I am in dispute with them at present, because my daughter who is also a member gets cashback from retailers that do not feature in my account, particularly Argos and Asos. I have asked them why this is the case but got the usual "fob off" reply (they are very good at this). I am persisting with this and will notify the outcome on this forum.
    • GG7
    • By GG7 6th Nov 19, 5:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GG7
    Update on the previous post. I have now (after about two weeks hounding them for an answer) received a response addressing this issue.

"The benefits and retailers available through your Complete Savings membership are always subject to availability and change as noted in our Terms and Conditions. Specifically, they can differ based on the retailer you joined up with to ensure the benefits offered are relevant to your interests. "

So in other words, since I joined using a link from Debenham's, they have excluded me from Argos, M&S , Asos and others.

"Simples" I thought. Simply cancel my membership and rejoin through the Complete Savings website like my daughter did. No such luck as it would appear that new members now only get a £5 monthly bonus which obviously doesn't cover the £15 a month membership fee. In any case you do not know which retailers you can get cashback from before you join either.

I now find it difficult to recommend Complete Savings to anyone.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 7th Nov 19, 1:09 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Update on the previous post. I have now (after about two weeks hounding them for an answer) received a response addressing this issue.

"The benefits and retailers available through your Complete Savings membership are always subject to availability and change as noted in our Terms and Conditions. Specifically, they can differ based on the retailer you joined up with to ensure the benefits offered are relevant to your interests. "

So in other words, since I joined using a link from Debenham's, they have excluded me from Argos, M&S , Asos and others.

"Simples" I thought. Simply cancel my membership and rejoin through the Complete Savings website like my daughter did. No such luck as it would appear that new members now only get a £5 monthly bonus which obviously doesn't cover the £15 a month membership fee. In any case you do not know which retailers you can get cashback from before you join either.

I now find it difficult to recommend Complete Savings to anyone.
    Originally posted by GG7
    Maybe its just because you joined at a different time on a different promotion to your daughter? Go figure...thats how marketing and offers work.

I remember having iTunes gift card discounts in the past, and LeisureVouchers but hey ho. Things change. Knickers in a twist? No, just accept retailers promotions change. Thats life, stop stressing.
    • KatieHo
    • By KatieHo 26th Nov 19, 3:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KatieHo
    Hi all!
    I made a purchase online (Dominos) and I need to send them my receipt. I paid online, so the only proof I have is the bank statement, NO-REPLY email from dominos that my order was placed and the screen shot from my phone when the order went through. Which one to send? Thanks
    • 1974Stephen
    • By 1974Stephen 26th Nov 19, 5:00 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    1974Stephen
    You should send your email from PIZZA PARLOUR to them
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 27th Nov 19, 7:05 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Ideally you should use the No Reply email as your proof. But You should be able to use the screenshot of the purchase on your phone/app. Or do you mean you dont have an email? have you checked your junk mail folder to see if the Dominos email is there?
    If you have a Dominos account can’t you access order history to show the transaction?
    Last resort I’m sure they will accept a bank statement showing the transaction date.

Oh and not sure if you’re confused but its via the Complete savings website you need to submit, not directly to Dominos
    Last edited by stemcgoo; 27-11-2019 at 7:08 AM.
    • Jakg
    • By Jakg 18th Dec 19, 10:45 AM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 1,019 Thanks
    Jakg
    You do realise you get that 15 quid monthly sub back by forwarding their 'monthly bonus team' proof of any purchase you've made through their site don't you?
    Originally posted by BlueNoseChas
    The website now lists a "monthly bonus" of £5, which would make the membership effectively £10pm. Am I missing something?
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 19th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    The website now lists a "monthly bonus" of £5, which would make the membership effectively £10pm. Am I missing something?
    Originally posted by Jakg
    Monthly fees and the bonus amount vary by how you sign up.

Better waiting for the referral link from a qualifying purchase via a Trainline or PizzaHut or some such.

Just going yo their website directly and signing up doesn’t give the best benefits for some reason. Bit strange and doesnt make sense.
    • Joanne A P
    • By Joanne A P 15th Jan 20, 9:52 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joanne A P
    Any advice please on this scheme. My son (16 at the time, a couple of weeks ago) has signed up for this without knowing what it was. He used his GoHenry card, he doesn't have a debit card. I've emailed the company and they are telling me that he signed up for it, that's that. Does anyone know if there is a minimum age requirement? Can children sign up for this? I've blocked his card so they can't take any more money but they aren't responding properly to my emails. Thanks.
    • BlueNoseChas
    • By BlueNoseChas 15th Jan 20, 11:00 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    BlueNoseChas
    Phone?
    Any advice please on this scheme. My son (16 at the time, a couple of weeks ago) has signed up for this without knowing what it was. He used his GoHenry card, he doesn't have a debit card. I've emailed the company and they are telling me that he signed up for it, that's that. Does anyone know if there is a minimum age requirement? Can children sign up for this? I've blocked his card so they can't take any more money but they aren't responding properly to my emails. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Joanne A P
    There's a minimum age requirement to go on adult websites too but it's never stopped 16 year old lads finding their way on to them and viewing the content, being 16 didn't stop me getting nicked twice in a foreign country whilst following England away in the late 1980's either sorry I digress.

Anyway I am pretty sure you do state you are over 18 when you sign up to join the Complete Savings scheme so I would assume they have no system indicating that a GoHenry card is for under 18's but don't hold me to that, I didn't even know what GoHenry was till I googled it just now to be honest.

And I am sorry but I just don't get this modern obsession with emailing people about everything when it's much easier to query it on the phone instead?

CS make no secret of their phone number on the contact page of their website, on the odd occasion I've had to give 'em a bell about something or other they've been most helpful, although judging by the agents' accents they are obviously in some third world location somewhere but they pick up quickly, are polite and assist you properly.

Blimey it's even a freephone number so just call them on 0800 389 6960
    Last edited by BlueNoseChas; 15-01-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
    • Joanne A P
    • By Joanne A P 15th Jan 20, 2:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joanne A P
    Hi,

Just as FYI, I use email because I then have a written record of what the company's representative says; past experience tells me that I can be told one thing which is later denied.

All I want to find out is whether the scheme he has managed to sign up for is enforceable for under 18's. I just want his £15 back.
    • BlueNoseChas
    • By BlueNoseChas 15th Jan 20, 5:51 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    BlueNoseChas
    Well for your information I'd have thought they'll give you his dough back straight away if you call them because they're nice like that but I'm not so I wouldn't.

Oh and why not record the call in true Stasi style if you're so keen on having conclusive evidence of what people say to you.

Face the fact that your ickle soldier clearly lied about his age when he signed up to CS which is his fault or yours for not scrutinising his internet transactions seeing you're so keen on waving your parental responsibility card about just putting it out there flower.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 16th Jan 20, 7:10 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Originally posted by Joanne A P
    Indeed the CS T&Cs on membership eligibility are indeed for 18 years and over. As per item 2 of their membership T&Cs:
    In order to receive the Webloyalty Membership Service and to qualify for any benefits associated with the Webloyalty Membership Service, Member must be 18 years or older, a resident of the United Kingdom with a UK registered credit or debit card and a UK bank account/IBAN.

So email or give them a call on the 0800 number and explain little Billy is under 18. Maybe they’ll ask for proof like a scan of passport or other ID, but probably not. In my experience as BLueNoseChas says the customer service is responsive and pretty good unlike TopCashback for instance.

Oh and perhaps little Billy needs a word - and if you’re prepared to give him a GoHenry card as a show of independence and responsible behaviour, then perhaps that was a mistake on your part?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,633Posts Today

8,561Users online

Martin's Twitter