Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ian1985
    "Parking Notice Charge" UKCPS Ltd
    • 9th Nov 11, 2:28 PM
    "Parking Notice Charge" UKCPS Ltd 9th Nov 11 at 2:28 PM
    Hi Everyone, long time MSE reader but first time poster!

Yesterday whilst visiting a friends flat, I parked in his allocated parking spot in the block of flat's private car park (the block of flats has spaces allocated to residents and then unallocated spaces where a permit must be shown.) I did not display a permit badge as I assumed (probably wrongly) that as it was his designated spot & therefore the tenant has permission to grant parking in their spot.

On returning to my car I found that I had a "Parking Notice Charge" for 100 attached to the car, discounted to 60 if paid in 14 days. Having read the guidance on this site regarding private tickets, I am considering going for the keep quiet approach but have a few worries over this:

Firstly, if I was to appeal do I have any valid grounds on which to appeal considering i was parked there with the residents consent?
    The charge states if it isn't paid within 28 days court action WILL be taken and I will be liable to pay Bailiff & court costs. Is this true & is it likely to be costly?
    The ticket has the incorrect colour for my car, could this be a little loophole to get out the charge or am I just being silly?
    Are UKCPS are reputable company or should i be wary at all?
    Thank you in advance,

Ian
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jul 18, 8:08 AM
    • 18,914 Posts
    • 29,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It would be nice to flush these leeches out and give them a bit of hassle, they like dishing it out but can they take it.
    If anybody has any information lets share it.
    Used to work out of a portakabin at the rear of the Blooming Rose pub, Leeds. Read about it on this old thread - visited by The Sheriffs (but I don't think the BBC iPlayer episode still plays).

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4421067
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 5th Jul 18, 9:53 AM
    • 2,996 Posts
    • 1,869 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Had a penalty notice from UKCPS when I parked in a disabled bay without displaying my blue badge, my fault admittedly, but after appeal to them,giving all details of the badge etc UKCPS unsympathetic and enforced fine. Very nice attitude to disabled persons, maybe one day they will be visited by disability.
    It is very difficult to pin these bandits down they hide behind data protection by saying that their offices cannot be accessed due to it. They are believed to be at 1200 Century Way Thorpe Park Leeds LS158ZA. shown as a correspondence address . A Gary Paul DEEGAN correspondence address 42, Ring Road, Middleton LS104AX is the registered active secretary. He likes to hide himself as does the General manager who is shown as Peter HASWELL.
    They do not publish an e mail address that you can send anything to I wonder why. Any correspondence by e mail is always with a no reply facility. It is difficult to get a response from them.
    All the money paid goes to Lloyds Bank by debenture.
    Wonder what the set up is for paying taxes etc, How much did they squeeze from Joe Public last year.
    It would be nice to flush these leeches out and give them a bit of hassle, they like dishing it out but can they take it.
    If anybody has any information lets share it.
    Originally posted by Badger444
    I was about to put a standard reply that you should read the NEWBIE section and then start your own thread until I realised it wasn't a specific ticketing issue. However, still best to start your own thread rather than piggy-back off this 7 year-old thread. You could also maybe use a more meaningful title.
    • luverlyjubbly
    • By luverlyjubbly 6th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    luverlyjubbly
    They appear to pay business rates at
    19 BURTON ROW, LS11 5NX

Used to be a boozer: FORMER BLOOMING ROSE PUBLIC HOUSE
    Last edited by luverlyjubbly; 06-07-2018 at 2:38 PM.
    • Nicksb45
    • By Nicksb45 30th Jul 18, 11:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nicksb45
    Help!
    I have received a letter from UKCPS for parking in a disabled bay.

Whats to score with paying this? Do i just ignore?

And I know I shouldn't have parked there.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 30th Jul 18, 11:07 AM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,148 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    I have received a letter from UKCPS for parking in a disabled bay.

Whats to score with paying this? Do i just ignore?

And I know I shouldn't have parked there.
    Originally posted by Nicksb45
    or parked a new post here

please read https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • dalatise
    • By dalatise 6th Aug 18, 10:57 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dalatise
    please how can i get to the newbies thread? have been searching for the blue appeal template. Somebody please help!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 10,673 Thanks
    beamerguy
    please how can i get to the newbies thread? have been searching for the blue appeal template. Somebody please help!!
    Originally posted by dalatise
    Front page of this forum, towards the top .... NEWBIES
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 11:01 AM
    • 18,914 Posts
    • 29,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Originally posted by dalatise
    Hit your 'Back' button once to get you to the forum thread list, then the sticky you need is currently the third thread down (but it does move up and down the top 4 sticky threads). It's titled:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

Then read the first post of that sticky, and you'll find the template there.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,186Posts Today

7,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin