Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • the boy with no name
    • By the boy with no name 7th Nov 11, 7:37 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 31Thanks
    the boy with no name
    0 WOW
    discover access holiday club malta
    • 7th Nov 11, 7:37 PM
    0 WOW
    discover access holiday club malta 7th Nov 11 at 7:37 PM
    i am posting this on behaf of my father in law.
    he signed up for a 10 year deal with a holiday club called discover access whilst on holiday in malta. he transfered a few thousand pounds via bank transfer to a bank in malta.
    i cant find out much about this company, but from what i can find they also trade under the name of access2leisure, this seems to be a timeshare company.
    he was happy enough as he thought holidays to malta would be free, but he tried to book a weeks break, but they are telling him he has to pay a 300 booking fee & arrange his own flights.
    i think discover access is a letting management company for free weeks in the access2leisure timeshares.
    does anyone have any further info.
    cheers
    happy to be debt free (apart from mortgage: 111,000 @ sept 15)
Page 2
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 25th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 32,584 Posts
    • 20,502 Thanks
    DCFC79
    We experience the same situation we want to cancel the 10 yrs which is still under 14 days.

But the so called 1 yr Free which is not one year at all as its only 363 days says "cannot be cancelled "
    Can anyone advice me how to get away with it.. as we if we cannot cancel it we are parting ways with 1200 GBP plus the 400 GBP deposit.
    Originally posted by MERRY
    Yes we get the idea you want to cancel since you have posted the same post twice.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 25th Feb 18, 11:01 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    Notice that three uncritical messages submitted 2011/12 were one off postings.

Just an observation.
    • Mac an Ri
    • By Mac an Ri 11th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mac an Ri
    Hi,
    I have been a member of Access2 leisure for just over a year. I have had six holidays with them so far and have zero complaints.
    Holidays cost between 99-299 per week for up to six people in very acceptable spacious apartments. the club has three hotels in Malta and One in Lanzarote as well as access to 4 and 5 star accomodation anywhere in the world for the same price range. I have found the staff to be friendly and helpful without exception and the apartments are to a high quality....I would say that 4 star is just about right for Malta but maybe Lanzarote is a decent 3 star. I can only speak for myself but I have now fully paid up and have no regrets and am looking forward to many more holidays over the next nine years. I would say that most members are middle aged and I dont think that children or young people are catered for very well.
    Originally posted by parkes385
    Thank you. We have signed up this week and all the adverse reviews had me worried.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 12th Apr 18, 10:13 AM
    • 3,094 Posts
    • 1,558 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    Mac an Ri, the warnings are there for a reason, they are from seasoned members of this board, the 'wonderful' reviews were from people who signed up to say how wonderful it was and then disappeared again never to be heard of......Think what you are spending money on, a promise of the ability to spend more money in future, that is all. The holidays ahead are not free and not guaranteed. Please review your decision before it is too late
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,241Users online

Martin's Twitter