Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alice in Poorland
    • By Alice in Poorland 6th Nov 11, 8:50 PM
    • 2,307Posts
    • 8,018Thanks
    Alice in Poorland
    We are about to pull the purse strings soooo tight!
    • 6th Nov 11, 8:50 PM
    We are about to pull the purse strings soooo tight! 6th Nov 11 at 8:50 PM
    Hi All,

Like a lot of people on here I have been lurking on this site as a watcher for a number of years and during this time I have also watched our finances spiral out of control. Today I have had my LBM and oh boy could I cry.

I have just done our SOA (which I will post once I've got all the info present and correct). Without the morgage I think we owe approx 30K, we've run out of money this week and have still got to pay out 350 before Thursday (all direct debits), this shortfall has been caused by my OH changing to weekly pay and all the bills come out in the first week on the month (well partly, the other reason is just that we owe so much). Will ask the bank tomorrow for an extension to the overdraft.......I can hear the 'I don't think so' all ready.

Everthing is such a mess, our finances have spiralled out of control, I'm such a mess (could do with a complete makeover and dramatic weight loss), I can't keep up with the housework, the garden, the kids, Oh and I work full time too.

I am truly hoping that we can get back on the straight and narrow and sort out our money problems. Then I will hopefully feel that everything else that needs sorting easier to tackle.

Apologies for rambling on, I'm just feeling very alone and like a complete failure at the moment.
Page 171
    • Alice in Poorland
    • By Alice in Poorland 13th Jan 19, 11:49 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 8,018 Thanks
    Alice in Poorland
    Hi amber, yeah having them sealed sounds like a plan. The one we did last year wasn't sealed but we had to dip into it for the car repairs.

Fingers crossed we don't have to do the same this year.

Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan'12 34,906 Jan'13 31,893 Jan'14 26,836 Jan'15 21,894 Jan'16 16,839 Jan'17 14,415 Jan'18 12,938ish! Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 1102,Bcard2 4775, C@ptl 2540 ,Ybank 3520,Virgin/MBNA 0,YB1 0, S@ntader 0, Bcard loan 0,
    DFD - Jan 2027 Nov 2018 Jan 2019 - DFD not sure at the minute!
    • Alice in Poorland
    • By Alice in Poorland 13th Jan 19, 12:11 PM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 8,018 Thanks
    Alice in Poorland
    I'm a bit deflated this morning for a couple of reasons.....nothing major in the big scheme of things. Firstly we spent 40 on food last night which was horrible (take away with friends). Tried a new place and was so disappointed. I'd been really good with food all week so we'd decided to treat ourselves. Won't do that again in a hurry.

Then this morning I've eaten half a packed of biscuits with my cup of tea. Why, why, why.... Gggrrrrr.

Kids have got friends here (hence the takeaway cost was so high) so they've had waffles, cereal and sausages sandwiches between them all. These kids can eat, don't their parents feed them.

No pegging out today, in fact haven't even done any washing yet. According to the forecast the next few days will be dry so will wash tonight. Thankfully DS3 has got spare uniform.

We are upto 6 NSDs. Today should be 7. Yesteday we spent 47 in supermarket but that did include a new wash basket (reduced), socks, board game for a gift and toiletries, so not that much on food.

I've been following a couple of decluttering/organising websites. I've sorts out the cupboard with the dvds, cds and 'wee' games this morning. In there were also brochures, magazines, paint charts, so had a good sort out and it only took 15mins.

Rest of the house needs tidying but the DVD cupboard is tidy.

Hope you all have a good day.

Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan'12 34,906 Jan'13 31,893 Jan'14 26,836 Jan'15 21,894 Jan'16 16,839 Jan'17 14,415 Jan'18 12,938ish! Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 1102,Bcard2 4775, C@ptl 2540 ,Ybank 3520,Virgin/MBNA 0,YB1 0, S@ntader 0, Bcard loan 0,
    DFD - Jan 2027 Nov 2018 Jan 2019 - DFD not sure at the minute!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,454Posts Today

9,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin