Danni R's little road to riches?

Options

Comments

• Danni-R
    Danni-R Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow. I made it to three pages of unedited rubbish!

Muhren, You should know better. For every 3 drinks thats nother tenner that you havent paid of your mortgage. you should concentrate on payign that off now! You can try and have fun when you're older. Now is the time to be saving.

Did it work?!?
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Muhren Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not exactly seeing as I am going to a gig tonight which means more money being spent. I also have a spare ticket that no one seems to want so that could be another £30 down the drain!
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016
    Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• Danni-R
    Options
    Is it too late to ebay? collect on the door?
    Facebook as someone else might be going and need an extra ticket?

That'll teach you for trying to have a social life :-p
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    Couldn't shift it. Tried facebook, gumtree and text mates seeing if they knew anyone at work that might have wanted it, but no joy.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    Thats a shame. What did you do in the end? Could you have sold it out side the venue?

So I'm still ebaying like mad for christmas. My plan was to have £300 for christmas presents x 6 and related expenses (food/ drinks/ meals out/ etc)
    This doesnt seem to be so bad.
    I've exchanged my tesco vouchers for goldsmiths ones. Thats 3 presents for £33 vouchers = £130 in store.
    Got £100 in paypal and £50 in my other account for it.

I want to get my brother a freezer for his birthday as well so will hopefully work my ebay a$$ off to get him the funds for that. Why did he have to be born in december.

He gave me his iphone so I feel I should get him something good. Plus he's had the worst year ever.

Once that target has been hit. Everything else over is going to OP.
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting on very well, keep up the good work!

The gig didn't sell out so there wasn't any interest outside the venue to sell it.

Had a good day on the matched betting front due to some unusual happenings so can add that to the pot as well.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    How are you finding matched betting?

I think maybe its something I want to dable in but I'm just not too sure about taking the leap.

Is it worth it for the time you have to put in?
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 3 years and find it quite addictive and don't really find it a chore but you may be different if you try it.

I aim to make £250 a month from it and have averaged around £3000 a year since I started. There are people who make a lot more than this but it all depends on how much time you want to dedicate towards it.

It does take a bit of getting your head round and I had to read the guide a few times to understand it. There are lots of very helpful people on the forum that will help you and check your figures for you when you start out. If you did take it up you can ask me for advice and I will help you best I can.

You will find that at the start it is quite easy to build up money fairly quickly as you are doing all the sign up bonuses to new bookies. You will then have to wait for reloads from and take on offers that are a bit more complexed but you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Also some bookies do referral bonuses which I could help you with as well and some you can get cashback from quidco/topcashback.

All I would say is if you do start is take your time and get everything checked before you place your first few bets to make sure what you are doing is correct. Might seem daunting at first but I think it is a great way to make extra cash and you can do it from the comfort of your own sofa!
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    I'm off to browse that part of the forum....

If I dont come back alive then.... well at least my mortgage will be paid off!

It seems pretty complicated but prepared for some very stupid questions!
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • BaconandEggs
    Options
    Soumnds like you're keeping the motivation levels high!

I'd be interested to hear the risks involved with matched betting. I've personally steered away from it as I imagine there is a risk of addiction? And like all gambline surely there's also the risk of losing money as well as making it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback