Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 31
    • NickDavies
    • By NickDavies 9th Jul 18, 2:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    NickDavies
    Richie, I'm not "reading the internet", I'm reading my bill.

I'm an E10 customer. I've got a single MPAN meter which records two rates, "night" rate 4 00:00 - 05:00, 13:00 - 16:00 and 20:00 - 22:00, "day" rate 1 for the rest of the time.

I'm currenty with Eon, in the process of moving to Economy7 Energy as the Eon fix is about to run out.

Please don't attempt to patronise me.
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 9th Jul 18, 3:19 PM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 4,816 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    You are E10 with a sinlge MPAN but how were we to know that ?. There's many thousands like you in the group. Your setup does not apply to many / all. I don't patronise.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 30th Jul 18, 4:48 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    My neighbour has just told me today that she has signed up for these Fischer heaters following a consultation with one of their engineers!

She was quoted 19,000 for eleven of them and to have a timer fitted to her immersion heater. He agreed to give her a discount of 2,000 if she paid him a deposit - which she did. She was also to switch her electricity supplier to them as it would be a lot cheaper.

I thought I would just check them out of here and am now very worried for her and don't know what to say to her or even if it is any of my business
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 30th Jul 18, 5:13 PM
    • 27,502 Posts
    • 13,486 Thanks
    Cardew
    Get her to go immediately to Citizens advice with a view to getting the contract cancelled and deposit refunded.
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 31st Jul 18, 2:32 PM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 4,816 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    Apoorwoman.

- show her this thread and the ASA rulings against them.

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/fischer-future-heat-uk-ltd-a17-370057.html

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/fischer-future-heat-uk-ltd-a17-403578.html

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/fischer-future-heat-uk-ltd-a14-288734.html

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2875805-Fischer-Future-Heat-Electric-Heaters-WARNING

Best of luck and thanks for trying to help your neighbour.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • xinstaller
    • By xinstaller 1st Aug 18, 1:24 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    xinstaller
    Police
    Involve the police, especially if you were told it was an investment. If you paid by credit then involve the credit company. Contact age concern.
    • xinstaller
    • By xinstaller 1st Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    xinstaller
    Fake reviews on trustpilot
    The latest review of todays date on trustpilot is absolutely FAKE. With the weather we are enjoying, the heaters were switched on according to the review...more like fake news. Almost all these reviews are about how well the installers left the place clean. Nobody ever talks about how expensive they are to run. Fischer should invite real reviews from genuine customers to share their bills rather than allow fake reviews on trustpilot. My team have investigated all the review on trustpilot and conclude them to be fake. A meeting was held with facebook to run an ad campaign to reject fake news. Always remember fischer heaters are more expensive to run as you are required to leave them on constantly. If you turn them off then you are using them against fischer instruction. You only have to look on eBay to see how quickly people try to get rid of them.
    • jcontest
    • By jcontest 2nd Aug 18, 1:12 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    jcontest
    This is a minty fresh topic, how I have missed it all these years!..
    And why does someone want this "report"...
    The total power input to the Fischer Storage Heater during the 16 hour test period was 14.05kWh; therefore the Fischer Heater uses 14.05kWh over 16 hours = 0.87 kW per hour
    It delivered 14.05 kW of heat by using 14.05 kWh of power.. Not sure anyone should need a certified test to show proof of an electrical heater doing that ;P...

I have under-floor electric heating in my kitchen. It's expensive.

These types of heaters have a use, but not for most people, and not for 2000+ for each one (what is that about??).
    Last edited by jcontest; 02-08-2018 at 1:15 AM.
    • xinstaller
    • By xinstaller 2nd Aug 18, 7:53 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    xinstaller
    To create confusion
    The report is to create confusion and add another badge to their website. What a company should be doing is offering and unconditional refund to their customers if these figures and savings are not met. It should say FULL REFUND if you do not save. These heaters cost no more than 300 landed in the uk. I want to see government do more and step in to save vulnerable people. The cooling of period should start only once the heaters are delivered and fully installed. I am sure these companies should have no problem in extending the cooling off period unless they have something to HIDE.
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 2nd Aug 18, 11:27 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    Update
    I rang my neighbour immediately I read this forum and told her to cancel while she was still within the cooling off period. This she did by phone and by writing. She phoned them yesterday and they confirmed that 'cancelled' was written across her order. She requested that her deposit be refunded and was told to ring again on Monday.

It would seem that this 'Salesman' asked her how much deposit she could pay! She paid 6,000 by debit card

Will let you know the outcome and thank you all for your help.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 3rd Aug 18, 2:47 PM
    • 6,572 Posts
    • 10,996 Thanks
    Farway
    It would seem that this 'Salesman' asked her how much deposit she could pay! She paid 6,000 by debit card

Will let you know the outcome and thank you all for your help.
    Originally posted by Apoorwoman

Some debit cards, I think Visa is one, allow you to cancel, like a credit card. Worth checking out?
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 4th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    Another update
    My neighbour phoned Fischer yesterday. The first two calls were answered but as soon as she said her name she was cut off. She tried again and explained to a woman that she wanted her deposit back. She was told she needed to speak to the cancellation department and on requesting that she was put through, was told they were too busy. She demanded that they phone her back before 5pm and the woman said it was doubtful whether she would be able to get through to them.

Anyway, she was phoned back by a woman who offered her a further 4,000 reduction! So we have gone from 19k to 17k and now down to 13k! My neighbour refused the offer and repeated that she wanted her 6,000 deposit back. The woman said that they had a pile of cancellation requests waiting so my neighbour demanded that hers was put to the top of the pile and they had until next Wednesday to refund her money.

Watch this space.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 4th Aug 18, 5:24 PM
    • 3,801 Posts
    • 2,401 Thanks
    matelodave
    She should write to them using recorded delivery so she's got some proof of her request and date otherwise stuff just gets lost. An E-mail or even a fax is better than a phone call as there is proof of the date that it was sent.

A possible alternative is to record the phone call and tell the recipient that you are doing it so that there's no doubt that you mean business
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 5th Aug 18, 4:17 PM
    • 12,624 Posts
    • 17,144 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I've had at least 2 flyers (with paid reply leaflets attached) put through my door about these Fischer heaters. I tend to just send them back with added other flyer junk mail
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 6th Aug 18, 3:47 PM
    • 7,437 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    EachPenny
    I tend to just send them back with added other flyer junk mail
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I do a similar thing, except I would call the content I add "promotional material from carefully selected partners", rather than 'junk mail'. I carefully select the heaviest thickest items that fit into the envelope.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • interestedinsavings
    • By interestedinsavings 8th Aug 18, 11:05 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    interestedinsavings
    Yet another new ruling has appeared on the Advertising Standards Authority website today related to Fischer Future Heat. It seems that they challenged a claim made by a competitor - Electrorad

Electrorad state on their website that their radiators cost the same to run and use the same energy as Fischer Future Heat radiators.

Fischer challenged this statement and lost.

It's interesting to read all the evidence and science that Electrorad refer to in their case. Although it is between the Electrorad radiator and the Fischer Future Heat radiator all the evidence provided also relates to the fact that all electric heating is 100% efficient and officially confirms what many have already been saying on this forum that any electric heater will give the same running costs and energy use.

I can't post the link, but if you go to the Advertising standards website and search Electrorad in the rulings you will see it. Maybe someone can post the link for me?

Anyone who has been sold Fischer Future Heat radiators on the basis of being told by a salesman that they will cost less to run, or use less energy than any other electric heater would have a case for miss-selling and could use this ruling to help prove their case. If one person does it the flood gates could open.....

I hope this at least helps save some people from making a very expensive mistake
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 8th Aug 18, 2:14 PM
    • 27,502 Posts
    • 13,486 Thanks
    Cardew
    https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/electrorad-ltd-a17-396540.html

We concluded that Electrorad had provided adequate evidence to substantiate the comparative claims that the Aeroflow electric heater and Fischer Future electric radiators had the same energy consumption and operating costs, and the claims were therefore not misleading.

https://www.asa.org.uk/search.html?q=fischer

Edit: This is not an endorsement of Electrorad or any other manufacturer. It is interesting to note that Electrorad produce a range of heaters where a 2,000w heater costs 245, and in another range they produce a 2,000w heater for 625. Both of course cost the same to run
    Last edited by Cardew; 08-08-2018 at 2:34 PM.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 8th Aug 18, 3:04 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 440 Thanks
    Mister G
    Not forgetting, of course, that a 2kW oil filled radiator from Argos, that produces the same amount of heat for the same electricity consumption, can be had for under 20!
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 8th Aug 18, 10:05 PM
    • 27,502 Posts
    • 13,486 Thanks
    Cardew
    Not forgetting, of course, that a 2kW oil filled radiator from Argos, that produces the same amount of heat for the same electricity consumption, can be had for under 20!
    Originally posted by Mister G

Agreed. Also they can be plugged in via an adapter that will control timing and even allow remote control.

The biggest objection to these 20 radiators is that they are ugly/old fashioned etc. If that is the case there are plenty of firms that sell radiator cabinets this is an example from Screwfix:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/contemporary-suffolk-radiator-cabinet-medium-natural-mdf-1195-x-200-x-900mm/9808p

• Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 9th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    • 8,666 Posts
    • 9,902 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    The biggest objection to these 20 radiators is that they are ugly/old fashioned etc. If that is the case there are plenty of firms that sell radiator cabinets this is an example from Screwfix:
    Originally posted by Cardew
    How much???

Mine were half that price in Aldi
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,583Users online

Martin's Twitter