Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    scooter_aust
    BT Complaints & Escalation
    • 27th Sep 11, 4:30 PM
    BT Complaints & Escalation 27th Sep 11 at 4:30 PM
    I am currently having what I would call an "experiance" in the worst possible customer service and total lack of ownership I have ever experianced with BT.

Does anyone know how to get complaints resolved?

I am owed over 300 due to incorrect billing and after speaking to 7 differnet people at an average of 30-40 mins each over the last month I am no nearer getting things resolved.

any help would be appreciated.

Money SavingExpert Insert

If you're having trouble complaining Resolver might help you.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-10-2016 at 2:44 PM.
Page 54
    • boatman
    • By boatman 4th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 3,901 Posts
    • 2,790 Thanks
    boatman
    I left BT on 6/12/17 as prices were going up. After speaking to someone at BT before leaving I was Reassured (& as stated on Martin Lewis website) that the line rental saver pro rata would be refunded automatically because I was leaving due to BT putting up their prices (This amounted to over 100).

After 5 phone calls, false promises of BT phoning me/emailing me & assurances of the refund nothing has happened.

So no refund has been received and we keep being fobbed of.

I have been left feeling angry and frustrated at the injustice and poor customer service.
    Originally posted by Chezza66
    Email a complaint in with this link:
    https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5676
    Last edited by boatman; 04-01-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: ii
    • bispet182
    • By bispet182 6th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bispet182
    I have spent many years (and hours on the phone) complaining to BT about their service They were the only company we could use for many years but with competition they became more competitive and we returned to them a year ago (almost). Very stupidly I misunderstood the billing and cancelled before the end of the contract. I have to accept my error and so I lose the last month of my Line Rental Saver (no refund) and the Broadband for a month but I have also been charged 55.00 for the router which I neither needed nor wanted. The router is still sealed in the package it arrived in and BT are now asking me to send it back!
    • Lyptus
    • By Lyptus 6th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lyptus
    BT final account problem
    Have had a whole catalogue of errors by BT relating to closure of account when I switched to Plusnet following BT's price rises.
    - incorrect charge for early termination
    - billed for forward line rental & BB for the month after the termination date
    - submitted direct debit to my bank despite it having been cancelled on BT instruction

Currently, 2.5 weeks after switch and after multiple phone calls, my online account shows a credit, but then large red warnings -"Bill Overdue ..... We will pass your bill to a debt collection agency..."

On the phone they insist they cannot manually intervene into the account to correct it. I actually owe them for the last month's calls, which I am happy to pay, but only when they correct the account
    • TWIGGR
    • By TWIGGR 23rd Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TWIGGR
    Treatment of vulnerable people
    Headline

BT Terrorise man with mental illness because of their own incompetence

Mr Twigg has been a loyal customer of BT for many years and used their service at a number of properties. In February 2018 Mr Twigg called BT to discuss moving home from current address to a new address. At the time of the call the following key facts were discussed and agreed.

1. The move date would be 16th March 2018 due to a separation between Mr Twigg and his partner.
    2. The current service provided was BT Infinity 2 which was not available at the new property and so couldn!!!8217;t be used and as a result it was agreed that service would be terminated on the above account and a new contract and service based on BT Infinity 1 would be put in place for 17th March at new address.
    3. BT separately agreed with the former partner for a new service to be put in place at the old address in her name from 16th March.
    4. The first order placed by BT for the new service for Mr Twigg at his new address, was processed in error when they tried to start the service in February. This failed because there was already a service being provided at that time to a different tenant at the property.
    5. Mr Twigg had to call BT and inform them that they had processed the new service incorrectly and so a new order was placed for service to commence as originally agreed for 17th March.
    6. Mr Twigg moved into the property on 17th March as outlined right at the start of the process to find that no service had been activated.
    7. Mr Twigg relies on broadband to operate a small business and was unable to make a business skype call on 18th.
    8. A call was made to BT on 18th when it was identified that the second order had failed. Mr Twigg agreed to place yet another order provided service would be activated within 5 days.
    9. An email was sent by BT informing Mr Twigg that the line would be activated at the end of March with no information on the Broadband service, despite BT being informed that he didn!!!8217;t use a BT line and needed Broadband urgently.
    10. Mr Twigg then subsequently found that instead of terminating the contract at the old address, they instead transported the account to his new property, despite him being (1) unable to use the service and (2) created two separate accounts for him at his new property. One for the new service and one for the transported service in error.
    11. Sensing a complete disarray of atrocious service, Mr Twigg cancelled the new order and cancelled the direct debit for the old account.
    12. A complaint was made in this respect back in February which BT closed down without consulting Mr Twigg. Mr Twigg made a subsequent complaint on 18th March and made several calls to BT, the last one being recorded with someone at the Liverpool contact centre on 21st March at approx. 10am, for 45 minutes and still didn!!!8217;t get resolution. The call centre operative refused to escalate to the resolutions team.
    13. BT attempted to deliver a home hub on 21st but this was returned to the post office because there was no one to receive it. For the record Mr Twigg has not taken delivery of any said router and would not refuse to accept it.
    14. On 22nd March the credit control department called Mr Twigg chasing for payment on the old account due to them being alerted on the DD being cancelled. They are chasing payment for an account that should have been closed, not moved to a property where it cannot be offered.
    15. This final call with Mr Twigg caused him to have a complete mental break down, panic attack and leave work. At every stage of communications with BT, Mr Twigg has made it very clear of his vulnerable status having suffered from depression for a number of years.
    Mr Twigg was passed from pillar to post, never had recognition of a complaint, operatives were never focussed on owning the problem and were unaware of a complaint on the account or his vulnerable status. The customer journey is completely broken and BT has become a leviathan of poor service and aggressive tactics to pursue their own errors.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. ITS AN OPEN MARKET NOW AND BT WHILST TRYING TO KEEP A MONOPOLY CANNOT ANY LONGER RELY ON THAT. THEY ARE LIVING IN THE PAST.
    Last edited by TWIGGR; 24-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 23rd Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 18,829 Thanks
    mije1983
    It may be prudent for Mr Twigg to remove his BT account number from a public forum.....

• TWIGGR
    • By TWIGGR 24th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TWIGGR
    Good advice - I will take that when i work out how to edit the post
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,092Posts Today

6,947Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin