Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 27th Sep 11, 10:30 AM
    • 6,649Posts
    • 19,533Thanks
    Doc N
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?
    • 27th Sep 11, 10:30 AM
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences? 27th Sep 11 at 10:30 AM
    Most people who've installed solar panels in the last 18 months or so will be claiming Feed-in tariff payments from electricity suppliers.

Some suppliers are paying fairly quickly after the claim goes in - but some aren't. E.on, for example, used to pay within a few days but are now delaying payments for up to a month.

Great for companies' cashflow - but not for the individuals claiming.

Experiences with various companies shared here would be useful in helping people to decide which company to go with - and whether to switch away from companies that delay payments due.
    Last edited by Doc N; 16-07-2012 at 7:25 PM.
Page 61
    • kittie
    • By kittie 28th Feb 18, 7:56 AM
    • 11,951 Posts
    • 74,698 Thanks
    kittie
    good energy

reading received by them 7th december
    They receive ofgem money on 14th february
    28th february and still not in my bank account
    • nobby1963
    • By nobby1963 6th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    nobby1963
    Edf
    Morning All,

EDF - as seems to be their norm now, excellent turnaround of this quarters FIT.

Reading submitted last Thursday 1st March and monies pending for payment into our bank account tomorrow - Wednesday.

Keep up the good work EDF.

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
    • EricMears
    • By EricMears 17th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 4,077 Thanks
    EricMears
    Scottish Power.
    Result reported early hours of 1st April.
    Money credited to bank account 16th

No better or worse than their usual performance.
    N Derbyshire.
    4kwp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    • KevinG
    • By KevinG 18th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 2,532 Thanks
    KevinG
    Scottish Power.
    Result reported early hours of 1st April.
    Money credited to bank account 16th
    Originally posted by EricMears
    Same here. It varies by a few days each time but generally 2-3 weeks.
    2kWp - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37 pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 21st Apr 18, 5:10 PM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    good energy

reading received by them 7th december
    They receive ofgem money on 14th february
    28th february and still not in my bank account
    Originally posted by kittie
    I sent my first reading to Good Energy in March.

You should expect your FIT payment by 4 June 2018.

• jimjames
    • By jimjames 21st Apr 18, 6:31 PM
    • 12,579 Posts
    • 11,225 Thanks
    jimjames
    Latest FIT payment just arrived from British Gas. Reading was submitted on Sunday so 5 working days to arrive. Surprised to hear that other companies are still so slow or struggling
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • Trentenders
    • By Trentenders 2nd May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    Trentenders
    The only problem with BG is that they send a cheque. Who does that in this century?
    • The Green Hornet
    • By The Green Hornet 2nd May 18, 11:52 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 613 Thanks
    The Green Hornet
    The only problem with BG is that they send a cheque. Who does that in this century?
    Originally posted by Trentenders
    I have a long held theory that companies who send cheques do so in the hope that some of them won't get cashed.
    6 x Sharp 220 W panels. 1.32 kWp. SMA Sunny Boy 1200 inverter. South facing 30 degree pitch roof with no shading. Eco-eye SmartPV monitor + energyhive.
    • orrery
    • By orrery 3rd May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    orrery
    I have a long held theory that companies who send cheques do so in the hope that some of them won't get cashed.
    Originally posted by The Green Hornet
    ... and they keep the money in their bank for another week for those that do.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL, SolarImmersion
    Nissan Leaf, TADO Central Heating control
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 14th May 18, 12:53 PM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    I have just had to be in touch with my energy provider, Scottish Power, they have said this

"However, Your solar panel and Smart meter is compatible with each other. I have exported your solar panel reading which is 798 units for the date 14.05.2018. You can provide this reading in Feed in Tariff or If you want any further help you can also contact our Microgen /FIT team on 0845 270 1414/ 0800 001 5156."

Scottish Power provide my energy, but they are NOT my FIT agent.

I am with Good Energy, and awaiting my first payment, not sure why they mention 798 units FIT!!
    I may switch to having one agent for all, but I am with SP until 2019

• Exiled Tyke
    • By Exiled Tyke 14th May 18, 4:48 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 835 Thanks
    Exiled Tyke
    I have just had to be in touch with my energy provider, Scottish Power, they have said this

"However, Your solar panel and Smart meter is compatible with each other. I have exported your solar panel reading which is 798 units for the date 14.05.2018. You can provide this reading in Feed in Tariff or If you want any further help you can also contact our Microgen /FIT team on 0845 270 1414/ 0800 001 5156."

Scottish Power provide my energy, but they are NOT my FIT agent.

I am with Good Energy, and awaiting my first payment, not sure why they mention 798 units FIT!!
    I may switch to having one agent for all, but I am with SP until 2019
    Originally posted by sevenhills
    It looks like they are simply showing off by telling you that their smart meter is so clever it's even been able to read your PV meter. (And I suppose implying that if you change FIT supplier they could possibly automate FIT payments?) It looks like you can just ignore this and just provide meter readings to your FIT provider. .
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    • Dave Fowler
    • By Dave Fowler 14th May 18, 5:50 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 831 Thanks
    Dave Fowler
    I think they mean that their smart meter can measure and report exported energy. Your FIT meter will measure all generation, - self-consumed plus export. I'd be most surprised if your FIT meter had any means of talking to the smart meter.

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 14th May 18, 6:26 PM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    It looks like they are simply showing off by telling you that their smart meter is so clever it's even been able to read your PV meter. (And I suppose implying that if you change FIT supplier they could possibly automate FIT payments?)
    Originally posted by Exiled Tyke
    Yes, I thought it might be a sales pitch, to encourage me to transfer. I may well do, when the time is right.

• orrery
    • By orrery 15th May 18, 7:53 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    orrery
    Yes, I thought it might be a sales pitch, to encourage me to transfer. I may well do, when the time is right.
    Careful. There was talk of using the actual export figure, rather than an assume 50%, if you had a meter that could measure it.

I'd be out of pocket if they move me away from assumed export - I only export about 25% of my PV, but get paid for 50%.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL, SolarImmersion
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 15th May 18, 12:08 PM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    Careful. There was talk of using the actual export figure, rather than an assume 50%, if you had a meter that could measure it.
    I'd be out of pocket if they move me away from assumed export - I only export about 25% of my PV, but get paid for 50%.
    Originally posted by orrery
    Is that what they do, just a 50% estimate?

I have eight panels, not had a payment yet, how much roughly will 798 units be in my bank account?

• KevinG
    • By KevinG 15th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 2,532 Thanks
    KevinG
    Yes.
    I have eight panels, not had a payment yet, how much roughly will 798 units be in my bank account?
    Depends on your EPC level and when your system was registered.
    2kWp - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37 pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017
    • orrery
    • By orrery 15th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    orrery

That depends on what FIT rate you are on. For most of us, there are 2 rates:
    Generation and Export (you'll have to look up what the rate was on your contract)

You'll get:
    798 x Generation rate
    plus
    798 x Export rate /2 (the "assumed 50%" of units exported)

I've had a Smart meter fitted, and I have my FIT from a different supplier from my power and no-one has suggested that I have to move from "assumed" to measured export ..... yet.
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 20th May 18, 1:35 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    That depends on what FIT rate you are on. For most of us, there are 2 rates:
    Generation and Export (you'll have to look up what the rate was on your contract)
    Originally posted by orrery

I think my installation date was around 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015

• KevinG
    • By KevinG 20th May 18, 6:38 AM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 2,532 Thanks
    KevinG
    I think my installation date was around 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015
    And yet you've "not had a payment yet". How come?
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 20th May 18, 9:43 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    sevenhills
    And yet you've "not had a payment yet". How come?
    Originally posted by KevinG

I bought the house in September last year, under right to buy. Issues with paperwork have delayed things, and Good Energy are very slow at paying, even after the meter reading was submitted.

Once I get the first payment, I will consider moving.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

803Posts Today

5,794Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin