Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 990
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 23rd Oct 16, 7:47 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Sometimes you can die of thirst whilst waiting for someone to bring you a drink (pic 19)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62655455.html
    Originally posted by Liz1966
    Great garden! Often, those with lots of interior ideas run out of steam when it comes to the outdoors, but not there.
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
    • Liz1966
    • By Liz1966 23rd Oct 16, 9:01 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    Liz1966
    Ever get the feeling that it's a set-up - in order to get onto this thread?
    There are no twigs, no sign of Laurel & Hardy, no clashing between the wallpaper & carpet and the bathroom suite is white. I feel assured we are not being set-up
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 23rd Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 51,697 Posts
    • 620,053 Thanks
    bubbs
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44705532.html
    Bit of a clash of colours here
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd Oct 16, 11:10 PM
    • 7,656 Posts
    • 13,818 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56366191.html

Need a big sledgehammer and a skip to get rid of a greenhouse, 5 sheds, a lean to and the fence.

Pics 4 and 11
    • Rain Shadow
    • By Rain Shadow 24th Oct 16, 8:24 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 3,046 Thanks
    Rain Shadow
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56366191.html

Need a big sledgehammer and a skip to get rid of a greenhouse, 5 sheds, a lean to and the fence.

Pics 4 and 11
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

A single good push from one end would probably flatten the lot.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 24th Oct 16, 8:59 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Ever get the feeling that it's a set-up - in order to get onto this thread?
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    Surely, only the insane and the incorrigibly extrovert would want to get on this thread!

It's the property sellers' equivalent of Celebrity Big Brother, without the six figure pay-out.
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 24th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Guess I come in the incorrigibly extrovert heading then Dave?

If I were an EA with a dump like that on my hands - then I might well post it on this thread - free advert to try and get it off your hands....
    Like Frankie said - I did it my way.
    It's MY life......
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 24th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Guess I come in the incorrigibly extrovert heading then Dave?

If I were an EA with a dump like that on my hands - then I might well post it on this thread - free advert to try and get it off your hands....
    Err...we were discussing this house?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62655455.html

It went on the market in a buoyant area a few days ago.

It might not be to everyone's taste, but it's modernised, tidy and very far from a dump.

.....Well at least I hope so, as it's similar to the place I vacated 8 years ago!

I take your point that this thread could be helpful advertising in some instances though.
    • lisa110rry
    • By lisa110rry 24th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    lisa110rry
    Why would it have been 'grabbed?'

If it wasn't always that shape, then isn't the most likely scenario that someone has simply bought part of it? Things change. The greenhouse and shed that were in that garden have gone. Do you think someone stole those as well?
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    It's where the owner parks his car...
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    !!!8213; Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 24th Oct 16, 11:12 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    It's where the owner parks his car...
    Originally posted by lisa110rry
    Could be.
    Might not be too. The ad doen't mention parking.

How could we know?
    Last edited by Davesnave; 24-10-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    • freddie
    • By freddie 24th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    freddie
    http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Lisburn/TMCTMC3986/23-Traherne-Gardens/398904901/

Think the sellers liked pink.
    • lisa110rry
    • By lisa110rry 24th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    lisa110rry
    Could be.
    Might not be too. The ad doen't mention parking.

How could we know?
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Betcha a fiver, lol!

I take it all back! I had a look "around the corner" in Moyeady Drive and can't see a drive. What does this mean? "Pedestrian access leans on to Moyeady Avenue"?
    Last edited by lisa110rry; 24-10-2016 at 3:17 PM.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    !!!8213; Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
    • Waffle_On
    • By Waffle_On 24th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Waffle_On
    EA says, "This property can only be described with one word.....WOW!"

Unless they are referring to the triffid, I think I'm missing something...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62578826.html
    Originally posted by LittleMax
    Is that... kitchen roll... on the hideous glass coffee table??????
    Shrinking my mortgage!
    Nov 13 £166,000

Jan 17 £142,900
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 24th Oct 16, 6:22 PM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Betcha a fiver, lol!

I take it all back! I had a look "around the corner" in Moyeady Drive and can't see a drive. What does this mean? "Pedestrian access leans on to Moyeady Avenue"?
    Originally posted by lisa110rry
    It should read, "Pedestrian access leads on to Moyeady Avenue".
    There's a back gate and a small pedestrian path into Moyeady Ave beside where all the bins are. They are standing in a parking space, but it looks like it belongs to the shop/end terrace.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 24th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Originally posted by Waffle_On
    Of course.

Lying on the sofa watching CBB and eating KFC Bigbelly Pork Bucket or Chicken McNaughty Bits, means extra greasy fingers, dunnit?
    • Rain Shadow
    • By Rain Shadow 25th Oct 16, 8:17 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 3,046 Thanks
    Rain Shadow
    Originally posted by Waffle_On

There are plenty of things in that room that are far more hideous than the coffee table. Of course none of them have decorative kitchen roll.
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 25th Oct 16, 11:39 PM
    • 4,363 Posts
    • 6,241 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    Curtains included?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62729222.html
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 26th Oct 16, 8:08 AM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    That's got me wondering too...

Doesnt look like a bad house for a starter and I would guess a reasonable chance of keeping the view you've paid for?

But I would be asking why they are selling the house again so extremely fast - as, to me, making sure there are curtains of some description up at all windows is something one does within days of moving in.
    Like Frankie said - I did it my way.
    It's MY life......
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 26th Oct 16, 8:17 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    That's got me wondering too...

Doesnt look like a bad house for a starter and I would guess a reasonable chance of keeping the view you've paid for?

But I would be asking why they are selling the house again so extremely fast - as, to me, making sure there are curtains of some description up at all windows is something one does within days of moving in.
    Bought in November 2011.

I don't think it's a man + woman house, just a man. No evidence of woman anywhere.

Some men don't do curtains; even if we usually have to put up the rails, the complexity of all that floppy material.......

I wonder who jumped out of the window in pic 5?
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 26th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 5,414 Thanks
    bouicca21
    It's not just a man thing. I've now been in my flat two years and only just bought my first set of curtains. I do have blinds though.

And what's with this stuff about starter houses? Where I live a starter house is (usually) a Barratt one bed. I know plenty of people,who have lived all their adult lives in houses just like that one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

924Posts Today

7,118Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin