Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,184Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1226
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 4th Aug 18, 9:13 PM
    • 7,875 Posts
    • 14,165 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Needs a load of work doing on it. Kitchen - pokey and original cupboards. Bathroom waste of space as it's in 'three rooms' and original suite
    • RedFraggle
    • By RedFraggle 5th Aug 18, 11:27 AM
    • 745 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    RedFraggle
    It's just a jump to the left.......
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66358246.html
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 5th Aug 18, 3:02 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 3,041 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Originally posted by RedFraggle
    Very well maintained though, that's an impressive shine on the handles of the 30-40 year old kitchen units.
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 5th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 2,375 Thanks
    TheGardener
    I do too! If I won the lottery...
    Shame about the neighbours across the road though...Looks like a scrap yard maybe?
    • RedFraggle
    • By RedFraggle 5th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    RedFraggle
    Very well maintained though, that's an impressive shine on the handles of the 30-40 year old kitchen units.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I love kitchens of that era. They're amazing
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 5th Aug 18, 3:41 PM
    • 11,108 Posts
    • 9,457 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    Being a Listed Building prevents one doing the very thing that should be done with that place. 3.5 acres also going to waste!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 5th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 7,480 Posts
    • 51,382 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    You could actually just decorate that kitchen in a more modern way and change the applicances and it would look fab IMO.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 5th Aug 18, 5:07 PM
    • 7,480 Posts
    • 51,382 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I do too! If I won the lottery...
    Shame about the neighbours across the road though...Looks like a scrap yard maybe?
    Originally posted by TheGardener
    And me. Would be fab with landscaped gardens. I can imagine Poirot strolling round

Perhaps if we all chip in we can have a MSE collective pad.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 5th Aug 18, 5:13 PM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 6,709 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    I'm surprised at myself liking it too..... architecturally it's a bit modern for my usual taste, lol Really like the amount of land that comes with it also.....
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free for ten years!

Over 40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 5th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 2,375 Thanks
    TheGardener
    Chocolatebox.com
    Ok - stop the bus - I'm getting off here... http://woodshomes.co.uk/catalogue/?pid=DWO00730&propaddr=Parliament+House++Totnes+Lo ngcombe+TQ9+6PR#/home_page

I know, I know...insurance for a thatched cottage - wooden worksurfaces need attention and the garden is a wilderness...roaring log fires and bonfire night come with nightmares of flaming thatch but it is just lovely
    Last edited by TheGardener; 05-08-2018 at 7:40 PM.
    • Contessa
    • By Contessa 5th Aug 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 1,440 Thanks
    Contessa
    Thank you.

I've driven past Parliament House many, many times and always felt intrigued by it.

It's even lovelier and larger than I imagined.

Of course, way beyond what I could afford and don't often go past now.
    • Dandie89
    • By Dandie89 6th Aug 18, 9:53 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    Dandie89
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55896993.html
    Satellite view South West of property. Zoom a little.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 6th Aug 18, 9:59 AM
    • 26,411 Posts
    • 95,479 Thanks
    Davesnave
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55896993.html
    Satellite view South West of property. Zoom a little.
    Originally posted by Dandie89

A garden is never so good as it will be next year....
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 6th Aug 18, 10:18 AM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 3,041 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    You could actually just decorate that kitchen in a more modern way and change the applicances and it would look fab IMO.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Agreed, the more I look at it the more I find that kitchen growing on me. It's certainly preferable to a lot of the high gloss kitchens which currently seem to be popular (I'm convinced in 20 years time these will be viewed much the same way avocado bathrooms are now).

I also quit like the retro display unit in pic 5, although I think I'll pass on the fireplace.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Aug 18, 8:07 AM
    • 7,875 Posts
    • 14,165 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Ok - stop the bus - I'm getting off here... http://woodshomes.co.uk/catalogue/?pid=DWO00730&propaddr=Parliament+House++Totnes+Lo ngcombe+TQ9+6PR#/home_page

I know, I know...insurance for a thatched cottage - wooden worksurfaces need attention and the garden is a wilderness...roaring log fires and bonfire night come with nightmares of flaming thatch but it is just lovely
    Originally posted by TheGardener
    Love the drawing room and library

Doesn't help with access to the two smaller bedrooms using the spiral staircase (unless want to walk through the master bedroom using the proper stairs)
    Last edited by ScarletMarble; 07-08-2018 at 8:09 AM.
    • Mardle
    • By Mardle 7th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    • 387 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    Mardle
    https://rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-74124173.html

AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT, is one way of describing this unique home. The Detail to attention is what makes this super two bedroom first floor flat really stand out from the crowd, you would be forgiven upon entering for not realising that you are indeed in a Central town location,once inside it really does feel like you are in a country cottage due to the beautiful chic interior.

Really!!
    • ukmaggie45
    • By ukmaggie45 7th Aug 18, 3:04 PM
    • 2,857 Posts
    • 19,526 Thanks
    ukmaggie45

AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT, is one way of describing this unique home. The Detail to attention is what makes this super two bedroom first floor flat really stand out from the crowd, you would be forgiven upon entering for not realising that you are indeed in a Central town location,once inside it really does feel like you are in a country cottage due to the beautiful chic interior.

Really!!
    Originally posted by Mardle
    Shudder!
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 7th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 3,041 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus

• cloo
    • By cloo 7th Aug 18, 4:57 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    cloo

Really!!
    I think that should be 'one bedroom + cupboard'!
    • cloo
    • By cloo 7th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    cloo
    Clearing the surfaces clearly not an option in this place: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66005056.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,455Posts Today

7,713Users online

Martin's Twitter