Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1182
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 24th Mar 18, 6:51 AM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71312339.html

A feature wall made with floorboards (pic 5) its horrible
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Errrmm...yep....not for me either.

A little voice is going through my head looking at that house as a whole - ie that American actor in that tv advert (the one with the kid explaining to him they're about to dance round a bonfire burning a Guy)....."It's not logical"....

The kitchen, in particular, is puzzling me somewhat. Has anyone else noticed the kitchen ceiling seems to be reflective? Wondering what it's made of...
    Like Frankie said - I did it my way.
    It's MY life......
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 24th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    • 7,656 Posts
    • 13,818 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53489424.html

Odd layout to the house. A bedroom between the utility room - note bigger than the kitchen and garage. Only can access the bedroom through stairs in garage. Plus from the photo of the garage, its probably difficult to park a car in the garage. due to the flower bed opposite the garage doors.
    • Brambleberry
    • By Brambleberry 24th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    Brambleberry
    So much pine cladding!

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/4425469/
    MFW 2018 #110 Mortgage 2004: £120000 Jan 2018: £6500, April £5400
    Determined to be mortgage free by 40!
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet.
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 24th Mar 18, 12:11 PM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Originally posted by Brambleberry
    Whew!

Imo - total rip-out job there = absolutely everything to go in both the house and garden - apart from that brick-built shed building and, possibly, the brick wall attached to it. I'd probably keep the front door and kitchen window in the house itself - but the rest would go.

Back to bare walls and bare earth...
    It's MY life......
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 7,656 Posts
    • 13,818 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69322094.html

Pic 2 Hideous pink sofa and armchair
    Pic 5 How many times have the sellers have banged their head on the cupboards above the bed?
    • hjd
    • By hjd 25th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 8,040 Thanks
    hjd
    Why does this thread have 23,701 replies when I hover over the page numbers, but I am 30 short of that number and can't access the last page shown?

Edit - now those missing posts and page number have disappeared. How bizarre!
    • SalsaDanca
    • By SalsaDanca 25th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    SalsaDanca
    In the last couple of days, this thread has started appearing strangely. The page selector at the bottom goes to page 1186, but the last post I can see is #23670 from ScarletMarble on page 1184. There aren't any posts of pages 1185 or 1186. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: hjd posted while I was writing this. Threads on this forum usually get restarted when they get to 1000 pages. Is it time for volume III?
    • RedFraggle
    • By RedFraggle 25th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 1,774 Thanks
    RedFraggle
    In the last couple of days, this thread has started appearing strangely. The page selector at the bottom goes to page 1186, but the last post I can see is #23670 from ScarletMarble on page 1184. There aren't any posts of pages 1185 or 1186. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: hjd posted while I was writing this. Threads on this forum usually get restarted when they get to 1000 pages. Is it time for volume III?
    Originally posted by SalsaDanca
    Not just me then!
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    • toniq
    • By toniq 25th Mar 18, 9:43 PM
    • 28,401 Posts
    • 620,739 Thanks
    toniq
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71312339.html

A feature wall made with floorboards (pic 5) its horrible
    Pic 4, how do they watch that telly?

x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!!!!

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 7,656 Posts
    • 13,818 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The last page for me is 1184 and last post is 23674
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 26th Mar 18, 12:20 AM
    • 15,274 Posts
    • 130,699 Thanks
    zagubov
    I also post regularly on the "Elite" thread and they've got to over 80,000 posts.

The 10,000 post limit isn't a requirement, but, if some people are having problems maybe we should start a new thread with a link back to the old one.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 26th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    s_glover
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72107063.html

Someone got a little carried away with the description
    • winspiration
    • By winspiration 26th Mar 18, 5:17 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    winspiration
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72107063.html

Someone got a little carried away with the description
    Originally posted by s_glover
    Just a little!

It is very well presented, but the rooms aren't that great a size, especially the two small bedrooms. There's no garage either, looks like there was possibly a single garage originally, converted to extend the kitchen & provide a utility room. The garden is practical, but I wouldn't say that a mixture of lawn & paving with a couple of raised beds constitutes 'beautifully landscaped' either,

I think if I had £640K to spend on a house, I'd be looking for more for my money, but perhaps I'm just picky
    • Mardle
    • By Mardle 26th Mar 18, 5:29 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 750 Thanks
    Mardle
    Something is eating posts!

Your post above is currently #23630 for me and we're on page 1182
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 26th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69322094.html

Pic 2 Hideous pink sofa and armchair
    Pic 5 How many times have the sellers have banged their head on the cupboards above the bed?
    Must say I burst out laughing at those cupboards - ahem.... Not such a possible problem perhaps for the child's likelihood of banging their head on the chandelier light fitting?

All solvable - until one sees the final picture and thinks "Well that pylon isn't solvable though...."
    It's MY life......
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 26th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 15,602 Posts
    • 43,334 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    I've been wondering what is going on on this thread for a couple of days now - as I'm getting that too.

Currently - it's telling me I'm on page 1182 - when it should be 1185.

Time for a new installment of this thread imo.
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 26-03-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    It's MY life......
    • Patti27
    • By Patti27 26th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Patti27
    I was on page 1185 yesterday yet I'm now at 1182 & can't go any further. This is driving me nuts!!
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 27th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    • 24,264 Posts
    • 51,245 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    I wonder if some posts have been deleted from earlier in the thread? I think if people are PPRd then their posts can be 'disappeared'. You probably wouldn't notice in a shortish transient thread but in a semi-permanent one like this with lots of posts it might have caused a problem. That might cause the 'end' of the thread to slip back a page or two and leave the 'last page' hanging?
    • Ocelot
    • By Ocelot 27th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    Ocelot
    I can't keep up with where the pages are. This is page 1182, I finished page 1184, but 1185 was never available, yet later posts are now on page 1182.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 28th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 25,043 Posts
    • 92,568 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Let's see where this one ends up......

Haven't time to look in detail, but even a cursory glance tells me it's not in Swansea, or if it is, Swansea has moved to Scotland.

Internet agents, eh?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64670356.html?utm_content=v2-ealertspropertyimage&utm_medium=email&utm_source=e mailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdates1day&utm_term =buying&sc_id=10316786&onetime_FromEmail=true
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

903Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin