Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1094
    • Mardle
    • By Mardle 25th Jul 17, 9:19 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Mardle
    Either next door sold it, or they knew how big it was when they viewed. Can't see a problem myself.
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    I doubt it ever belonged to next door. Have a look at satellite and streetview. They've built the new house in the ten foot that gave access to an area at the back of the houses.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 26th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    • 15,284 Posts
    • 42,664 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    I doubt it ever belonged to next door. Have a look at satellite and streetview. They've built the new house in the ten foot that gave access to an area at the back of the houses.
    Originally posted by Mardle
    Have done all sorts of peering at street view/satellite/etc - but can't make out whether that's so.

It's a nice street - little bit of green etc (though I'd be worried now that this house has gone in the gap that someone would be after it trying to build on it).

Raises the question - are people actually allowed to join a new house onto an existing house if the owner of existing house objects? That's two houses that have been turned from end terrace into mid-terrace by this house - so I was wondering if an objection to that from one or both houses would have been sufficient to prevent it being built?
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 26th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    • 24,777 Posts
    • 92,016 Thanks
    Davesnave

Raises the question - are people actually allowed to join a new house onto an existing house if the owner of existing house objects?
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    The are many caveats, so it depends..... but the short answer is "Yes."
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 26th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 24,215 Posts
    • 51,156 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    Originally posted by Mardle

Not in East Yorkshire are you?
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 26th Jul 17, 10:29 AM
    • 15,284 Posts
    • 42,664 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    The are many caveats, so it depends..... but the short answer is "Yes."
    Crikey.............
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 26th Jul 17, 11:32 AM
    • 24,777 Posts
    • 92,016 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Crikey.............
    I'm pretty sure that my first home, an end terrace, will be added-to in the not too distant future, or there will be a minute gap left between it and the house built in the space where garages sit now.

I couldn't afford to buy the garage attached when it came up for sale, just after I'd purchased. It went to a third party who didn't live in the road.

To be honest, if I were still there, I'd not want a minute gap and I'd rather join to it. It would be a cavity wall, so reasonably sound resistant.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • Ocelot
    • By Ocelot 26th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    Ocelot
    I'm more concerned about the body bag in the living room (pic 3). Maybe that explains where the occupants disappeared to.

Also have to give them credit for originality. Never seen someone use pompoms instead of curtains before. New trend?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Yes, that does look rather body-sized.

There's also another scary (albeit small) doll in pic 7.
    • Newtown
    • By Newtown 26th Jul 17, 9:15 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Newtown
    no words needed

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/63491261
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 26th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 2,277 Posts
    • 2,167 Thanks
    TheGardener
    Originally posted by Newtown
    Student digs ? - but a stones through from Bournemouth University
    • Merlah
    • By Merlah 26th Jul 17, 11:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Merlah
    rightmove. co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61041403.html

I can't post links properly yet, but the tape in the bathroom reminded me of the one they use in crime scenes. No mention in the description though!
    Also, what's up with having to pay agency fees upon an accepted offer? Never read that before.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 27th Jul 17, 6:37 AM
    • 24,777 Posts
    • 92,016 Thanks
    Davesnave
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61041403.html/svr/2121

It's a repo, that's why. Experienced Rightmovers will note they seem to have forgotten the usual air fresheners.

Not sure what a 'perspective' purchaser is - maybe one that can't draw their own conclusions about the vendor/agent collusion to pass-on selling fees?
    • GDB2222
    • By GDB2222 27th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 14,326 Posts
    • 77,334 Thanks
    GDB2222
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61041403.html/svr/2121

It's a repo, that's why. Experienced Rightmovers will note they seem to have forgotten the usual air fresheners.

Not sure what a 'perspective' purchaser is - maybe one that can't draw their own conclusions about the vendor/agent collusion to pass-on selling fees?
    You just knock the commission off the price, but it's very high at nearly 7%. Also, it's payable on offer, rather than completion, which is probably unacceptable to nearly all buyers.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 27th Jul 17, 6:16 PM
    • 7,615 Posts
    • 13,773 Thanks
    ScarletMarble

Also have to give them credit for originality. Never seen someone use pompoms instead of curtains before. New trend?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I think its these instead
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 28th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    • 7,615 Posts
    • 13,773 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    An easy spot the seller http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62618465.html
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 28th Jul 17, 7:43 AM
    • 15,284 Posts
    • 42,664 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Followed by:

- spot the "traditional" views (you can tell what sex the child is by the colour their bedroom is decorated - pink).

- spot the fact they're not that keen on doing the work to keep the house up (the grout between some of those bathroom tiles)
    • LittleMax
    • By LittleMax 28th Jul 17, 1:54 PM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 1,914 Thanks
    LittleMax
    Followed by:

- spot the "traditional" views (you can tell what sex the child is by the colour their bedroom is decorated - pink).
    Or the experimental parenting and you may have made a huge assumption. But I doubt it (that of course being based on my own stereotype profiling of the hi-vis )
    • LittleMax
    • By LittleMax 28th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 1,914 Thanks
    LittleMax
    Can a house have apparel?

And where are the countryside views? - ooh if you stand on tippy toe...

http://www.taylors-estateagents.co.uk/properties-for-sale/property/7989436-manor-abbey-road-halesowen
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 28th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 8,980 Posts
    • 5,342 Thanks
    teddysmum

That grey ,black and white colour scheme looks cold and very odd with a beige decorated bathroom and kitchen floor.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 28th Jul 17, 3:24 PM
    • 8,980 Posts
    • 5,342 Thanks
    teddysmum
    rightmove. co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61041403.html

I can't post links properly yet, but the tape in the bathroom reminded me of the one they use in crime scenes. No mention in the description though!
    Originally posted by Merlah

Perhaps there's a water meter and they fear that someone may leave water running or the water supply is cut off.

That reminds me of a visit to a bathroom/tile showroom, where the staff were hysterical with laughter.

They were putting those tapes on the showroom toilets , as a child , not realising they weren't plumbed in ,had used the facilities . They hadn't noticed until he shouted for a toilet roll, as the displays were in an intricate maze of mini bathrooms, each with three walls.
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 28th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49639695.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

5,863Users online

Martin's Twitter