Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1093
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 24th Jul 17, 11:11 AM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 18,912 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Oh dear, that is a sad house and so dirty. Nice little cat in the garden though.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 24th Jul 17, 11:21 AM
    • 3,594 Posts
    • 8,928 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    As in, " I came, I Saw, I got my degree.... and we all lost our deposit." ?
    Originally posted by Davesnave

I like the way the blurb states the Estate Agents are pleased to be offering the property......if I was an employee I would want one of those covers that crime scene investigators wear before I even stepped over the threshold.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • patchwork cat
    • By patchwork cat 24th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 5,655 Posts
    • 8,745 Thanks
    patchwork cat
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48164148.html http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48164148.htm

What can I say! The bedroom and clashing lounge are reminiscent of older posts of lack of taste on here.
    Last edited by patchwork cat; 24-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.

• fromtheshires
    • By fromtheshires 24th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    fromtheshires
    A lot of this is due to the EA not knowing how to apply editing tools correctly and is ruining the photos.

Yes the house could be a bit tidier, but hte living room floor / rug and kitchen show just how over processed these photos are.

I wish estate agents would stop editing photos like this as it can really alter the look of the house in real life to what was expected.
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 24th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 6,640 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    Originally posted by peachyy
    Lovely! Filth-wise, it looks very much like the house we bought in 1997 - although ours was divided into four flats. When we viewed, the ground floor tenant refused access and tbh the three other flats weren't *quite* as bad. The large garden was inaccessible unless you were in possession of a machete as the brambles were shoulder-high.

Despite all of the above we made an offer but it was a further twelve months before we got the keys as two tenants had to be evicted. As a parting gift one of them smeared the yellow bath with something that resembled poo

I wish this thread had been around back then, lol
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free for ten years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • Doody
    • By Doody 24th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    Doody
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67822721.html

I can't believe this was granted planning permission...can you imagine trying to relax in your living room of an evening with all that footfall going directly past your window / noise and deliveries from the shops next door (on both sides). Has the London property market really gotten this desperate though I guess at least you don't have far to trek for a pint of milk and a packet of biscuits
    Originally posted by AFF8879
    That borough does have a long history of converting shops to housing. There are little rows of ex-shops in many areas. That is a somewhat worse conversion and a busier street than most, granted.
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 24th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 3,782 Thanks
    ReadingTim
    No idea. What can you say?

The image processing makes the colour clashes seem far worse than they're likely to be in real life, whilst the house itself seems clean and in relatively good condition, if a little cluttered. I'd be switching agents if I were the vendor - an ad's supposed to show the place in its best light, not make it look worse. Other ads from the same EA also demonstrate the same heavy handedness with the photoshop...
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 24th Jul 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 4,679 Thanks
    robatwork
    Nice accordion fence too. Probably plays the Marseillaise in a breeze.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 25th Jul 17, 8:45 AM
    • 25,022 Posts
    • 92,532 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Other ads from the same EA also demonstrate the same heavy handedness with the photoshop...
    Originally posted by ReadingTim
    I suspect Rightmove may have a range of pre-loaded filters in their software, as this agent isn't alone in creating the effect seen there.
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
    • Dandie89
    • By Dandie89 25th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    Dandie89
    Oh dear, that is a sad house and so dirty. Nice little cat in the garden though.
    Originally posted by ancientofdays
    ...which rather looks like it was disturbed doing it's little business
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 25th Jul 17, 6:53 PM
    • 8,124 Posts
    • 40,057 Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Just popped in here to check my house wasn't listed

While I'm here though, this has been amusing me no end lately

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66535238.html

Reminds me of the house in Harry Potter that just appears in a space between two terraces
    Mortgage over payments since Feb 2018 = £419.34
    • ChicaBonita
    • By ChicaBonita 25th Jul 17, 7:00 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 1,376 Thanks
    ChicaBonita

Reminds me of the house in Harry Potter that just appears in a space between two terraces
    Originally posted by Cheery Daff
    Wow I'd feel sick going up and down those stairs every day!
    House Deposit:£12,570.12/£14,000 = 89.78% Money Made'17 August: £41.04July:
    £4.95
    June: £5.35 May:£30.30April: £51.09March:£28.25Feb: £120.47 Jan:£14.35
    Total Made '16:£284.60
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 25th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 15,595 Posts
    • 43,322 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention

It's nicely done. I'd barely change a thing - but those rooms are too small (with the exception of the kitchen). I think I'd feel very self-conscious that the house obviously owns a large chunk of next doors garden too.
    Like Frankie said - I did it my way.
    It's MY life......
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 25th Jul 17, 8:00 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 7,127 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel

59 pictures!

I doubt that close ups of nice taps and lampshades will distract anybody from that 9 foot lounge.
    • By 02346631 25th Jul 17, 8:15 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Never seen that many pictures on a listing before! Can't help but think the survey would be interesting on that one.
    • UKSBD
    • By UKSBD 25th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    UKSBD

They could put it in Wonkas space

https://youtu.be/T_OiiByE06U?t=1m11s
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 25th Jul 17, 8:34 PM
    • 25,022 Posts
    • 92,532 Thanks
    Davesnave

I doubt that close ups of nice taps and lampshades will distract anybody from that 9 foot lounge.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    ..... which is a through-lounge as well!

We once viewed a house where the owner got around the through-lounge problem....by making the only route from one end to t'other through the conservatory!
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 25th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 25,022 Posts
    • 92,532 Thanks
    Davesnave
    I think I'd feel very self-conscious that the house obviously owns a large chunk of next doors garden too.
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    Either next door sold it, or they knew how big it was when they viewed. Can't see a problem myself.
    • Ocelot
    • By Ocelot 25th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    Ocelot
    The kitchen and dining room have been miraculously cleaned halfway through the pictures...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67089302.html
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 25th Jul 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,664 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    The kitchen and dining room have been miraculously cleaned halfway through the pictures...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67089302.html
    Originally posted by Ocelot
    Looks like the agent took so long taking photos the residents managed to move out half way through!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,586Posts Today

8,828Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin