KKO Mobile charges ???

Comments

• just set this email to
    Orange, Orange Complaints, Payforit, kkomobile,

Hello,

Complaint about Orange, Payforit & kkomobile, Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)

My Orange monthly phone is normally 40 quid but my last bill is £69.75.

On the phone bill payforit appears every week 4 times on the 2/8/12 @ 18.22, 26/7/2012 @ 18.21, 19/7/12 @ 18.20 and 12/7/12 @ 18.19 this has been charged at 2.00 per transaction which come to an extra £24.00 on the bill.

Could you please confirm the following.

What is Payforit?

Who is kkomobile?

Why is it on the bill?

This has never been on my last 3 bills before?

Why is it always the same on the same day same time as every week?

After reading the forum your company appears a lot and not in a nice way you can see from below I have had extra charges from your company on my phone and would like £24 back please for ripping me off. Please read this email below as you are working with Payforit to rip people off and I WANT MY MONEY BACK. I HAVE CALLED 08458341119 to be de avtivated THIS SERVICE AND I AM GLAD I CAUGHT IT EARLY.

YOU ARE NOT GETTING MY MOBILE AS YOU WILL PROPERLY SET THIS SERVICE BACK UP AND ALSO THIS COMPLAINT HAS BEEN ISSUED WATCHDOG,
  • This still does not help they are taking £24 a month out off my account via my orange bill i am glad i caught it early i will never download another game or anything again on my mobile

orange, payforit and kkomobile it is a nightmare to sort this out this is my 10 email about this tonight
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi

KKO has asked us to post on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the forum.

To subscribe to KKO Mobile a consumer must initiate voluntary actions utilising their mobile handset, in this case by clicking three times:
    1. on our mobile advert
    2. on our landing page with the weekly price
    3. on the Payforit billing page, on which the cost of the service is once again outlined.
    There is no means of subscribing to our service without these 3 positive actions being conducted on a mobile handset.
    When you subscribe we send you a free SMS giving you the URL to access the service, and we send an SMS each month to remind you that your subscription remains active plus within the same message, we also advise you how to unsubscribe.

You can unsubscribe from KKO Mobile at any time: simply sending the word STOP to 61973.

Our customer care service is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, if you want to contact us please send an e-mail to support@kkomobile.co.uk or phone 0845 834 1119.
  • Hi everyone,
    I have jsut discovered that KKO have been charging me for the last four months through the 3 network payforit system. They have robbed me £90...so phoned 3 and they were quite unhelpful and quite rude....
    Can someone please share some tips with me? what do i need to do to get my money back? i have never been in a situation like this, and any advice would be gratefully appreciated,
    thank you
    BB
  • wantmemoney
    wantmemoney Posts: 836 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2012 at 11:16PM
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19210215
    Mobile customer uncovers premium rate 'bug'
    13 August 2012

An unexplained charge on a phone bill has led a mobile user to uncover a loophole in the sign-up system for some premium rate services.

An unexplained charge on a phone bill has led a mobile user to uncover a loophole in the sign-up system for some premium rate services.

Consultant Mark Hole found he could sign up anyone for some premium rate services from content maker Buongiorno.

All he needed to know was a potential victim's mobile number and whether they used the Orange network.

Buongiorno said it quickly closed the loophole once it was discovered and had no evidence it had been exploited.

Browser spoof

Mr Hole's suspicions were aroused when charges for a premium rate fortune-telling service turned up on the bill for the mobile phones linked to his computer consultancy business.

"I went online, got the bill up and there were weekly charges coming up on it," he said.

He complained to operator Orange about the charge but it said he must have signed up for it despite his insistence that he was "scrupulous" about keeping the numbers private and that they were only used for business calls.

Mr Hole also contacted mobile content firm Buongiorno which ran the iFortune service he was being billed for. It asked him to send details of the disputed charge.

At the same time Mr Hole looked for ways that the phantom charge could have applied. He discovered that it was possible to convince the iFortune site it was being visited by an iPhone. Using add-ons for the Firefox web browser this let him sign up any Orange customer for the service.

All he needed to do this was their mobile phone number. Mr Hole demonstrated the loophole by signing up a BBC correspondent's phone for a weekly fortune reading.

Gareth Maclachlan, head of mobile security firm Adaptive Mobile, said the loophole arose because Buongiorno was not doing a good enough job of checking which net addresses were making sign-up requests.

"There's a potentially criminal opportunity here," he said. If the loophole became widely known, he said, hi-tech thieves could set up a fake premium rate service, sign people up and then sit back and wait for cash to roll in.

Information about Mr Hole's findings have been circulated to the GSMA security working group to ensure other operators are aware of the loophole.

"There was a bug in the system," said a spokesman for Buongiorno. "When that was found out, we very quickly moved to pin it down, find out what happened and stop it from happening again."

The spokesman added that exploiting the loophole required a "certain amount of technical knowledge". As far as Buongiorno could tell, he said, there had only been one "billed event" that had arisen as a result of the loophole.

The money wrongly taken for this event had now been refunded, he said.

What is not clear yet is how many people were at risk of being signed up for premium rate services. Buongiorno said it closed down the bug quickly but Mr Hole's investigations suggest it was open for perhaps as long as 14 days.
    Buongiorno have been 'fined in' other countries for their involvement in this type of thing so what they told the BBC should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
    _62190660_phonescreen.jpg

Armed only with a phone number Mr Hole could sign anyone up to the service.

Orange customer with Iphone been charge £1.25 for Image contents from mobie village
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=55116269#post55116269

threadclosed.gif

and why the hell that thread was locked off
    what is being described in the above is very similar to what is being described on this thread.

it would explain why most of the complaints are coming from the same Network Orange in the above case and 3 in this case.
  • Just to update my experience, my wife discovered we had been charged £18 on our bill after getting a second subscription text from KKO Mobile. She deleted the first one as it looked just like the usual scam texts we get on occasion. We are on the Three network and believe it was a banner or similar from an App that was accidentally (or not) clicked on. However, as other posters have said we did not input our phone number, accept any subscription or ever even receive anything. Total and utter scam designed to con a)people with kids who may occasionally use their phone and b)less tech savvy people.

I complained to Three and KKO via email and received nothing back from either of them. I spoke to Three again this morning and had the usual fobbing off from their accounts people (despite having 2 accounts and broadband with them). The lady in question told me it is nothing to do with them and that I need to contact KKO, however as they weren't responding to my emails and Three charged me for it I told her it was her responsbility. Initially they offered to refund half the conned amount but after threatening to cancel all my Three contracts they agreed to a goodwill gesture and refunded the lot.

They have also put a bar on both phones to protect them from future transactions.....result, but still well miffed at KKO.....pure and utter scammers.
  • This just happened yesterday night, I decide to take actions straight away after reading this in here.

T-mobile, Payforit, kkomobile, Watchdog, Ofcom,

Hello,
    Complaint about T-mobile, Payforit & kkomobile, Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)
    Yesterday night while I was at gym I receive this text message, apparently confirming my subscription for that service. I obviously didn't do it ( as I was working out and there’s no way I would have been using my phone at that time)
    I went online looking for an answer and I found a forum about KKO Mobile subscribes you when you tap on their little banners on free Apps on your smartphone. As I mentioned before there’s no way I would have done it as at that time as I was busy working out at gym. I sent STOP to the number that appears on the text message, then I called my network provided (T-Mobile) to let them know what had happened and not to let this company to charge me £4.50 for something that I haven’t done it. My network isn't helping nor giving me an answer.
    I’ve also found out in the forum moneysavingexpert.com that I’m not the only one, there’s literally hundreds of people with the same problem, people been ripped off for this companies (KKO and Payfor it) and no one says or do anything.
    Please Could you please confirm the following.

What is Payforit?

Who is kkomobile?

And Why this two companies are not following the rules that states on Payfor it website:

In order to gain the MSISDN of the Consumer who is accessing the Merchant Service and wishes to
    pay for goods / services using their mobile account, a verification “triangle” between the web service,
    the user on the web service and the MSISDN of the handset / broadband dongle is utilised.
    Two verification options to validate Consumers for web payments are available to Accredited
    Payment Intermediaries:
    Option 1- MT verification - this requires an Accredited Payment Intermediary to generate a
    one-time code for each one-off payment or subscription set-up. This code must be sent by
    SMS to the Consumer (after they have entered their MSISDN) who, in turn, needs to enter the
    code on the Accredited Payment Intermediary‟s web payment pages to confirm possession of
    the handset and authorise the transaction.
    Option 2 – MO verification - this requires an Accredited Payment Intermediary to generate a
    one-time code on its web payment pages for the Consumer to send-in by SMS to confirm
    possession of the handset and authorise the transaction

This complaint has been issue to Watchdog and Ofcom for them to investigate this matter.

I’m also requesting T-Mobile not to charge me or wipe out this charge if its already done, as I’m not going to let someone to still money from me. “It’s not just about the money; it’s about what’s right and what’s not”

If anyone is having the same problem with t-mobile let us know.

We have to stop this people!

How to hit back at KKO

This company is a scam.

If you want to hit back at them financially here is how to.

1) Go onto Google
    2) Search for 'KKO mobile'
    (There will be lots of options returned but find a Google 'sponsored link'. These are usually at the very top or right hand side in a different colour.)
    3) Click on the 'sponsored link' which will take you through to their website.
    4) Stay on their website for at least 30 seconds before exiting (otherwise Google calls this a bounce and KKO won't be charged)

This will hit KKO in their wallet as they have to pay Google everytime someone clicks on their Google advert. It's kind of a nice circle that they themselves can fall foul to a similar trick that they themselves use to exploit others.

Google will only bill KKO for 1 click through per IP address, per day counts, so don't sit there for hours clicking on their sponsered links as they won't count.

However if this could go viral, KKO could receive a very large and unexpected bill from Google! So facebook it, tweet it, get your friends to do it everyday at work when they logon.
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 September 2012 at 2:08AM
    I suppose this could be a dumb question, but do these KKO bunch go only for people on contracts, or do they try to get money from you when you're PAYG too? I was going to buy a 3 sim card to get 3G because Vodafone only do 2G in my area.

I've noticed from the thread that people on 3 are the ones being most targeted.

Thanks,
    Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • Hi

The company has asked to respond. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the forum.

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please remember that our customer service is at your disposal for any concerns and questions you might have.

You can always dial 0845-834-1119 Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm or fill out a form on http://contact.kkomobile.co.uk/

Please keep in mind... that in order to subscribe to our service three clicks are required. Additionally, when you subscribe, you will receive a free welcome SMS, with information on how to unsubscribe.

We are at your service in case you need more information.

Lucy,
    Customer Service Agent
    KKO Mobile
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • I've never received any answer from this "KKO Mobile/ MyDoo" company. I went to their website Mydoo international and I filled that form but I never heard from them. I complained to my carrier and they finally accepted to wipe out those charges also they recommended me place a bar for third pary charges.

KKO Mobile/MyDoo company is "full of it" and you guys should not allow them to rip you off. Those charges are illegitimates and you should get you money back.

Complain to Payforit and your network provider ASAP as for KKOMobile I'm sure they'll just ignore you.

Also call you network provider and ask them to bar for third parties charges
  • ckxion
    ckxion Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2012 at 1:39PM
    Ref: KKO Mobile / MyDoo International (61973)

These scammers have charged my son 8 X £4.50 before he realised. He has severe Dyslexia, so he ignores unsolicited texts.

Three agree that they receive hundreds of complaints but 'can do noting'.

I have emailed KKO Mobile / MyDoo International (61973)
    I will await a reply.

Complaint form for 61973
    I cannot add liks here - but search for:
    payplus make-a-complaint

When complaining users should also send emails to :
    search for phonepayplus contact - find compliance email address

Payforit.info site is a waste of time. It only directs you to your network.

This is the person the domain is registered. It would be useful to copy correspondence to him.

Chris Newell
    InterlinkedMedia
    35a Side
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    NE13JE
    Admin Phone:+44.7867805633
    You can find his email address by searching for:
    network solutions whois

Then enter payforit.info

CKxion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors