Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 4
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 20th Feb 15, 10:58 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    olliebean
    Populus Live is one of the higher paying survey sites, and I get a decent number of surveys from them - particularly about my voting preferences - but I'm getting very fed up of their lying about how long their surveys will take. Practically every survey takes 5 minutes or more longer than they claim - and I get through them about as fast as humanly possible, so it's not me being slow; the main bottleneck is the pause on each question before the answer checkboxes appear. As they pay 1 per 5 minutes according to their estimated completion time, this means practically all their surveys are underpaid by at least 1. I stick with them because even so I still get more money for my time than any other site, but the dishonesty is very frustrating.

I notice the forum on their website, which had plenty of complaints about this issue (as well as the excessive number of quality-check questions they ask), has now disappeared. But I still make a point of mentioning it in the comments box at the end of every over-long survey.
    2016 Survey earnings:
    Cash 427.30 Amazon Vouchers 230
    Total 697.30
    • sonicetomeetyou
    • By sonicetomeetyou 21st Feb 15, 11:13 AM
    • 282 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    sonicetomeetyou
    I signed up to Populus Live in January. I was offered a few surveys which I didn't qualify for. Then I got one which I managed to complete. That was on the 25th of January and I haven't been offered a single survey since. Is this normal?
    • asajj
    • By asajj 21st Feb 15, 11:16 AM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 11,254 Thanks
    asajj
    Yes they send few surveys to me too with a decent payout. Since October I only managed to get 16 points.
    2015 in 2015 / 2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 21st Feb 15, 1:52 PM
    • 1,715 Posts
    • 3,161 Thanks
    faerielight
    I love it because this one seems to pay the most, but I don't get loads of surveys and most are about voting. I've been a member for about 8 months and I'm just reaching the threshold for my 1st payout. TBH I find their ones easy to wiz through, mainly because the options are easy to click on, unlike some of them ( mingle and ipsos) which have tiny tick boxes so I have to carefully place the tick in the right place and that takes more time than this one.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 21st Feb 15, 2:05 PM
    • 1,715 Posts
    • 3,161 Thanks
    faerielight
    That was weird, just as I wrote that, I got invited to a survey from them!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • sirindah
    • By sirindah 14th Dec 15, 3:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sirindah
    wrong name
    Just got my first cheque! Unfortunately when I registered I only use my initials and never got round to changing it. The cheque therefore didn't have my full name and the bank wouldn't let me cash it

I have emailed them about reissuing a cheque, but have not yet heard back. Surely they must have seen when the cheque was going out that it was not a full name, and should have alerted me. I have a feeling they're going to say it's my own fault (understandably) and not reissue the cheque so they can keep the cash themselves. Has anyone been in my position? Are they quite understanding?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 14th Dec 15, 5:42 PM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 201,703 Thanks
    libra10
    Some bank assistants are more strict than others. Is it worth trying to pay the cheque into another account, or try another assistant? Good luck
    • Guacamole321
    • By Guacamole321 15th Dec 15, 8:54 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Guacamole321
    Just got my first cheque! Unfortunately when I registered I only use my initials and never got round to changing it. The cheque therefore didn't have my full name and the bank wouldn't let me cash it

I have emailed them about reissuing a cheque, but have not yet heard back. Surely they must have seen when the cheque was going out that it was not a full name, and should have alerted me. I have a feeling they're going to say it's my own fault (understandably) and not reissue the cheque so they can keep the cash themselves. Has anyone been in my position? Are they quite understanding?
    Originally posted by sirindah

Populus always email a few days ahead of sending a cheque, asking you to sign in and double check your details in case of any changes - maybe you missed the email? Hopefully you can get it sorted out, either with a replacement cheque or by trying again with the bank - is it worth taking the cheque back along with the letter from Populus, so the bank can see it was sent straight to your address?
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 16th Dec 15, 10:33 PM
    • 8,466 Posts
    • 6,050 Thanks
    LittleVoice

Originally posted by sirindah

Do you mean that the cheque is made out to just your initials as the payee and there is no family name given?

They seem to issue cheques once a month. That is, they check at the end of a month for those who have reached 50 and then send out cheques in the following couple of weeks. Perhaps they will simply wait till the next cheque run (first half of January).

Have you now been able to change it online so that it is clear for the future?
    • Guacamole321
    • By Guacamole321 21st Dec 15, 10:12 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Guacamole321
    i would have joined if if it was 5 or 10 cashout .. 50 seems too high
    Originally posted by Bobskibob
    The payments for their surveys are way higher than for other sites though, and the screen-out rate is very low.
    • frales
    • By frales 24th Mar 16, 6:57 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    frales
    populuslive
    Hi

I have been with them a couple of years. I have had four or five cheques from them for 50 each. Money for old rope.
    • Proxima Centauri
    • By Proxima Centauri 9th Feb 17, 6:57 PM
    • 909 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Proxima Centauri
    I recently tried to join Populous but there was some sort of error page that came up when I tried to confirm my registration. This happened a couple of times. Tried emailing them but got no reply
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 10th Feb 17, 1:07 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 4,526 Thanks
    AprilLady
    I had the same problem - gave up trying eventually!
    • Sam Donovan
    • By Sam Donovan 10th Feb 17, 3:57 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Sam Donovan
    I havent been using populous for very long however I agree the times to complete are under estimated

I did a banking one the other day and it got to 75% which took me over 15 mins ( total time suggested was 15 mins ) and it then crashed and gave an error code. I screen shot this and sent it to them 3 days ago and still havent heard anything , has anyone experienced any errors doing their surveys?
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 10th Feb 17, 4:07 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    olliebean
    Incidentally I discovered that during the pause before the checkboxes appear, you can still click on them - they are there, just invisible - and thus get through the surveys quicker. They still often take longer than the invitations suggest, though.
    2016 Survey earnings:
    Cash 427.30 Amazon Vouchers 230
    Total 697.30
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 10th Feb 17, 4:48 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I havent been using populous for very long however I agree the times to complete are under estimated

I did a banking one the other day and it got to 75% which took me over 15 mins ( total time suggested was 15 mins ) and it then crashed and gave an error code. I screen shot this and sent it to them 3 days ago and still havent heard anything , has anyone experienced any errors doing their surveys?
    Originally posted by Sam Donovan
    Yes, I had an error this week when doing a 3 survey.

At the start, it said the survey would take 10-15 minutes, but it took about 1 hour. Also, what happened was, in the survey they asked questions that were already asked earlier in the survey.
    • Foxy16
    • By Foxy16 10th Feb 17, 6:44 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    Foxy16
    Never had a problem with them before, but 3wks ago completed a 4. survey and the points have not been added, last week a 4. survey 64% completed and ended in error. Plus my points account is showing as 3 whereas it should be 8, advise all to check their balance.

Have sent 4 e'mails now querying all the above, and no answer, has anyone ever successfully contacted them? If so how?
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 10th Feb 17, 7:33 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 2,962 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Never had a problem with them before, but 3wks ago completed a 4. survey and the points have not been added, last week a 4. survey 64% completed and ended in error. Plus my points account is showing as 3 whereas it should be 8, advise all to check their balance.

Have sent 4 e'mails now querying all the above, and no answer, has anyone ever successfully contacted them? If so how?
    Originally posted by Foxy16
    I did a 4 one a few about a month back (survey number p009336) that was credited to my account but the following day I happened to notice it was no longer there. I emailed them but over a week an no reply, I emailed again but a few day and still nothing. I took to twitter and do you know I the very same day I got a reply to the email! The points were put back. I haven't had any invites for a couple of weeks now, I only need 11 points for my next cheque grrr
    • Proxima Centauri
    • By Proxima Centauri 10th Feb 17, 7:42 PM
    • 909 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Proxima Centauri
    Sounds like they're not very reliable. I'm just a bit concerned that I've now given them my name, address and date of birth..
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 10th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 1,089 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Has anyone else had an Energy letter request from them and not been rewarded yet?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

3,050Users online

Martin's Twitter