Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    netwo568
    Don't Use 'Unsecured Loan Company .net'
    • 19th Jun 11, 2:47 PM
    Don't Use 'Unsecured Loan Company .net' 19th Jun 11 at 2:47 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone got any experiance with 'Unsecured Loan Company.net'?

I recently was approved a Loan (by telephone conversation) with Unsecured Loan Company.net.

I then signed up to proceed (£60) only to be told "actually no you haven't got a loan agreement"

all very suspect and crafty .

This obviously impacted on my credit history

Any advice with this would be gratefully appreciated

Kind Regards

Chris
Page 1
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 19th Jun 11, 2:55 PM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 2,524 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 19th Jun 11, 2:55 PM
    • 19th Jun 11, 2:55 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone got any experiance with 'Unsecured Loan Company.net'?

I recently was approved a Loan (by telephone conversation) with Unsecured Loan Company.net.

I then signed up to proceed (£60) only to be told "actually no you haven't got a loan agreement"

all very suspect and crafty .

This obviously impacted on my credit history

Any advice with this would be gratefully appreciated

Kind Regards

Chris
    Originally posted by netwo568
    https://www.unsecuredloancompany.net/terms.aspx
    Cancellation

Under Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004 ‘You’ have a right to cancel ‘Your’ subscription within 14 days of receiving these terms and conditions and receive a refund. If ‘You’ wish to cancel ‘Your’ application, ‘You’ must write to UnsecuredLoanCompany.net notifying us. In this event ‘We’ will refund ‘Your’ fee within 14 days of the date on which ‘You’ write to ‘Us’ to cancel ‘Your’ subscription. Any such requests should be made to: Customer Service Department, UnsecuredLoanCompany.net, Third Floor, Dale House, Stockport, SK1 1TB.

Refunds requests must be made in writing to avoid refunds being sent to a wrong or previous address. To facilitate ‘Us’ processing payments and post dated payments ‘You’ authorise ‘Us’ to retain ‘Your’ charge, credit or debit card details.
    • fozmcfc
    • By fozmcfc 19th Jun 11, 2:58 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 2,195 Thanks
    fozmcfc
    • 19th Jun 11, 2:58 PM
    • 19th Jun 11, 2:58 PM
    Yep you must write, don't ring or email, send a recorded post letter to them.

If it is over 14 days, then they usually are entitled to keep £5 as an admin charge.

Just do a search of the forums for them, you'll find you're not alone.
  • lizm123
    • 7th Mar 12, 1:08 PM
    • 7th Mar 12, 1:08 PM
    i stupidly did the same,applied for a loan with thes people,i got a call telling me i had been accepted and to log on to the portal and accept the agreement but had to pay £60. i did this and then was told they were having difficulties in finding me a loan as my credit score is low,when i questioned them on what i had been charged for they just sent me a load of blah blab back,i requested a refund within the 14 day period sent by recorded delivery and they have not replied and have taken away my access to the portal [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 15-03-2012 at 9:09 PM. Reason: pending investigation
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Mar 12, 1:22 PM
    • 20,579 Posts
    • 21,999 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Mar 12, 1:22 PM
    • 7th Mar 12, 1:22 PM
    i thought i was too clever to be had over but i have been.
    Originally posted by lizm123
    Hmm.

A top tip is that real lenders pay the money to you, and THEN you pay them back over an agreed period. Not the other way round.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter