Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    • 9,052Posts
    • 21,859Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers
    • 8th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    0 WOW
    Quidco Question and Answers 8th Jun 11 at 11:14 AM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone.

We're very aware from past discussion threads that issues surrounding the collapse of the DGM affiliate network and the non-payment of cashback is still an issue that people feel needs discussion. We're entirely happy for people to discuss it on this separate DGM discussion thread so that it doesn't prevent other forum users getting the answers they need to their other queries. In the past this has often clogged up other threads with pages of posts and has disrupted the question and answer format for other users.

So we're going to start things from scratch, with a clean slate, with two separate discussion threads, one for DGM discussion, one for cashback questions for Quidco (this one).

Please remember though, libellous posts including any implication of fraud, lying, cheating aren't tolerated on this forum. Where they're reported to us they'll be removed and we will stop user accounts that keep pushing acceptable boundaries as we are liable.

Again, any posts made about DGM on this or other threads will be removed when reported and if persistent will result in further action on that user account.

Please also remember to keep on topic. This is for people to ask about Quidco. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please help us with this.

Finally a reminder that MSE has no special relationship with Quidco. It's included in our Cashback Sites guide along with other cashback sites so we take comments to the contrary very seriously.

Thanks
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:52 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 175
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 9th Jan 18, 12:17 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    wishuponastar
    Are you managing to use the rest of the site as normal littlewren? As for me I cannot get to my account or buy anything through quidco.
    Last edited by wishuponastar; 09-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 9th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Another Quidco bonus offer is showing.
    Not great at 2.50 back from a 20 spend, but if you're buying something that's applicable, it's worth having.

https://www.quidco.com/incentives/january-bonus-temp-18/

Make sure you activate it first and remember, Quidco have a very generous highest cashback guarantee offer. Double the difference on lots of purchases, just in case their rate is lower.

https://www.quidco.com/highest-cashback-guarantee/
    (no quibbles so far, everyone matched and doubled the difference)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company 550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • joe_easy_london
    • By joe_easy_london 13th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    joe_easy_london
    Declined cashback and claim - reason is wrong
    My partner and I went on honeymoon to the Maldives back in August 2017. I booked the accommodation via quidco and Ebookers on the 27th June. The cashback was declined so I put in a claim - the claim has now been declined. The cashback value is over 100!!

Quidco have said:

I am sorry your cashback claim was declined and please be assured this is the very last thing we would want for our members.

Unfortunately, we do have to accept this as the retailers final decision as we have already challenged this retailer further in the form of the claim and they have now declined this so we would be unable to investigate further.

I apologise again for any disappointment caused as I can understand that this is a disappointing outcome, please be assured that declined cashback doesn't benefit yourself or Quidco so we do share your disappointment.

I see no reason why this cashback has been declined - I have all the email confirmations to confirm but there doesn't seem to be any other route of escalation. I did not alter, amend or cancel the booking and I definitely went to the Maldives!!

Has anyone else experienced this? What tips or advice would you give? It seems strange that retailers can just decline cashback claims when they want...

Joe
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    My partner and I went on honeymoon to the Maldives back in August 2017. I booked the accommodation via quidco and Ebookers on the 27th June. The cashback was declined so I put in a claim - the claim has now been declined. The cashback value is over 100!!

Quidco have said:

I am sorry your cashback claim was declined and please be assured this is the very last thing we would want for our members.

Unfortunately, we do have to accept this as the retailers final decision as we have already challenged this retailer further in the form of the claim and they have now declined this so we would be unable to investigate further.

I apologise again for any disappointment caused as I can understand that this is a disappointing outcome, please be assured that declined cashback doesn't benefit yourself or Quidco so we do share your disappointment.

I see no reason why this cashback has been declined - I have all the email confirmations to confirm but there doesn't seem to be any other route of escalation. I did not alter, amend or cancel the booking and I definitely went to the Maldives!!

Has anyone else experienced this? What tips or advice would you give? It seems strange that retailers can just decline cashback claims when they want...

Joe
    Originally posted by joe_easy_london
    Ebookers are part of the Expedia group and you are another victim! They are notorious and the cashback sites know how bad they are, but won't kick them off!
    I'd only use them with an immediate point of sale discount code and never ever again via a cashback site.

MSE do have a 'Resolver tool' - might be worth a chance? You could go direct with a complaint, but this is a very bad company and I personally wouldn't rate your chances. But, who knows? When you visited Ebookers via Quidco, there will be an electronic trace. This will show the exact date and time of your visit. If you never used a code not promoted on Quidco, it's an option.

Resolver - https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ebookers-complaints

There's also the social media sites you could air your complaint, along with Truspilot etc.

Good luck, but it may be that you have been 'had'.
    Once bitten etc and others need warning.
    Discount code, yes, cashback site, no!

If you must use a cashback site for Ebooker bookings, then it would make sense to use a cashback site that guarantees the cashback. It may be a slightly lower rate, although at time Imutual often beat the BIG 2 so called 100% cashback sites (who's kidding who?).

http://www.imutual.co.uk/ebookers

The white tick in the yellow circle indicates guaranteed cashback. Not all merchants have this status, but many have.
    Regardless, it's worth being a member anyway as it obviously gives options. Customer service is personal and 1st class.
    Last edited by B_M; 13-01-2018 at 8:28 PM.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company 550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 14th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1,440 Posts
    • 1,131 Thanks
    bxboards
    Has anyone had any Ebay cashback since they started offering it early November?

Topcashback have paid up til end of November, but nothing from Quidco.

I'd normally use TCB, but Quidco were offering 3 to 5% when they got back with Ebay, but not so good if they don't pay!
    • B_M
    • By B_M 14th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M

I'd normally use TCB, but Quidco were offering 3 to 5% when they got back with Ebay, but not so good if they don't pay!
    Originally posted by bxboards
    I've still got one outstanding and linked to one of their many bonus offers. My wife has a few later ones, but not due yet.
    I find Quidco being a slow payer to be honest. My thoughts are that they hold onto your cashback, rather than release immediately like TCB and Imutual. I'm only a basic member at Quidco (though toying with upgrading) and can't get my head around how they can pay 'Premium' members quicker, without holding on to cash!

I had an issue with a bonus not going to payable, so contacted Quidco by Facebook. Issue resolved very quickly and with an apology. Not all cashback sites offer apologies.
    Maybe try contacting them and see if they can push through your cashback?

I'm (we're) favouring Quidco at the moment due to their terrific 'Highest Cashback Guarantee' - no issues honouring so far.

https://www.quidco.com/highest-cashback-guarantee/

Good luck.
    • darkwing_duck
    • By darkwing_duck 14th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    darkwing_duck
    Used Quidco for a long time but after this latest saga that is it.
    AA declined cashback - I should have read the reviews, the AA has a habit of doing this. Quidco support looking into it but so far taken them a month with no update.
    Like with Expedia above Quidco need to ditch these companies, but they won't.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 17th Jan 18, 8:05 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M

Originally posted by bxboards
    A few ebay transactions went to payable overnight.
    Hope you received yours.
    My connected bonuses haven't moved, but these can take up to 72 hours. I'll leave that until the weekend, hoping I don't have to chase up.
    As above, Quidco do seem slow at paying, but I'm only a basic member. I've had a good run with Quidco over the last 3 or 4 months and if my next lot of payments come through, I'm going to upgrade. See if that makes any difference with payable speeds.

**** made contact via social media and bonuses pushed through immediately. Not ideal, but can't fault their customer care and service.
    Last edited by B_M; 18-01-2018 at 1:13 PM. Reason: Edit ****
    • PSW
    • By PSW 17th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PSW
    I'm in communication with both of them over a declined claim 200+. Almost, if not identical situation to yours. After reading the number of people going through exactly the same issues with Quidco & Ebooker I'm starting to think this is not an accidental error and their is more to it. Either way i'm determine to take this as far and wide as I can now purely out of principle.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 17th Jan 18, 5:41 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    I'm in communication with both of them over a declined claim 200+. Almost, if not identical situation to yours. After reading the number of people going through exactly the same issues with Quidco & Ebooker I'm starting to think this is not an accidental error and their is more to it. Either way i'm determine to take this as far and wide as I can now purely out of principle.
    Originally posted by PSW
    200+? OUCH!

I'd definitely be looking at a small claim for that amount if no non-promoted (external) code was used. As above post, there will be an electronic trace of your purchase.
    Seek advice and good luck.
    It's a disgrace the BIG 2 cashback sites allow this. A member abusing in this way would be banned!
    Too many issues over far too long! These sites cannot claim to be member focused! Sadly, there will be many more 'victims'.
    • margf
    • By margf 23rd Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 2,305 Thanks
    margf
    Help - Quidco -
    Hi

Has anyone had any experience of taking Quidco to the small claims court please?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 23rd Jan 18, 5:39 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Hi

Has anyone had any experience of taking Quidco to the small claims court please?
    Originally posted by margf
    If you are thinking of a small claim action, it must be pretty serious.
    Before you do that, you should send a Letter Before Action (LBA) giving Quidco say 14 days to respond before going ahead with a small claim.
    If your issue is with a merchant that is regulated, that may give a better option. Mis-selling or breach of contract for example.
    Whatever it is, good luck.
    • margf
    • By margf 23rd Jan 18, 5:46 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 2,305 Thanks
    margf
    If you are thinking of a small claim action, it must be pretty serious.
    Before you do that, you should send a Letter Before Action (LBA) giving Quidco say 14 days to respond before going ahead with a small claim.
    If your issue is with a merchant that is regulated, that may give a better option. Mis-selling or breach of contract for example.
    Whatever it is, good luck.
    Originally posted by B_M
    Thanks - now a matter of principle, 4 No. mobile contracts taken out with Three through Quidco, cash back owed in the region of 200
    • B_M
    • By B_M 23rd Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Thanks - now a matter of principle, 4 No. mobile contracts taken out with Three through Quidco, cash back owed in the region of 200
    Sadly, Three are one of those notorious merchants who abuse cashback sites.
    Quidco are responsible for passing on the cashback, Three are responsible for ensuring applicable cashback is passed on.
    Maybe look at Three on a mis-selling of contract?
    Non-payment of promoted cashback via their appointed agent.
    Assuming you've done everything correct of course.
    Three are obviously regulated, so you have somewhere to go if Three failed you.
    Again, good luck. It does appear to be the 'silly season' though with cashback sites!
    • B_M
    • By B_M 23rd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    To gain extra feedback and possible similar experiences, maybe post something similar on the mobiles thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

There are actually some very helpful and knowledgeable posters.
    Hopefully someone has suffered like yourself and 'won'.
    • PSW
    • By PSW 25th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PSW
    Some good news to report, finally managed to get Quidco to cough up & have now received payment.

Very frustrating to deal with and I can see why a some give up.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 25th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Some good news to report, finally managed to get Quidco to cough up & have now received payment.

Very frustrating to deal with and I can see why a some give up.
    Originally posted by PSW
    Well done and excellent news.
    Hope that helps others. At times. you have to fight.
    Sadly, Quidco aren't the worst to deal with!
    All anyone wants really is to receive what was promoted and not to be duped!
    • PSW
    • By PSW 25th Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    PSW
    All anyone wants really is to receive what was promoted and not to be duped!
    Originally posted by B_M
    100% agree with this, it baffles me when some say things like: "look at it as an added bonus, if you don't get it, it's nothing lost".
    • B_M
    • By B_M 25th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    100% agree with this, it baffles me when some say things like: "look at it as an added bonus, if you don't get it, it's nothing lost".
    Originally posted by PSW
    Luckily, Ombudsmen and regulatory bodies and I'd imagine Courts don't see cashback promotions as a 'game of chance'.

If members want to be 'Silly Billy's' - or insert a stronger term - so be it. I definitely want what's promoted.
    • November2
    • By November2 31st Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    November2
    Can anyone help. Have just had 3 bonus payments declined, how do I know which bonus relates to which purchase as nothing seems to be date related? Also I have no purchases actually showing as declined in my account. How can the bonuses be declined before purchases declined?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

466Posts Today

4,917Users online

Martin's Twitter