Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinktay84
    • By tinktay84 10th May 11, 9:25 PM
    • 298Posts
    • 948Thanks
    tinktay84
    Millionaire Challenge
    • 10th May 11, 9:25 PM
    Millionaire Challenge 10th May 11 at 9:25 PM
    I sat pondering on what ive achieved in my 27 years and realised that anything ive ever said I wanted to do or wanted to have I have managed to achieve.

Last year after 10 years in catering I completely changed career and last week I achieved a distinction in painting and decorating. This got me thinking that since I always achieve goals I set myself what could I do next....

Thus the Millionaire challenge!

So phase 1 is opening a savings account and getting money building up...

I work for myself so have a bit of control over my earnings, we have 1 property that we rent out and my husband has a decent (secure) job.

My aim is to get to the million mark by the age of 40 (im 27 now)

So how many of you think im mad and its impossible and how many of you think i'll do it and have ideas to help me
Page 203
    • little_green
    • By little_green 15th Apr 19, 11:49 AM
    • 201 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    little_green
    feel like i'll never get there ... trying hard to save but i dont earn enough... need to figure out how i can boost my income
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 16th Apr 19, 12:09 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    Have a browse back through this thread, and have a read through some of the other posts in this section, there are plenty of ideas. You won't find a set of detailed instructions, but you'll find a lot of things to research and a lot of inspiration.
    • itstherightthingtodo
    • By itstherightthingtodo 16th Apr 19, 1:13 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    itstherightthingtodo
    Try searching on Google for things like "oem limescale cleaning products inurl:china" (remove quotes) but you'll only see the English only results this way.
    This dude makes websites.
    • marcmc84
    • By marcmc84 17th Apr 19, 11:25 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    marcmc84
    Why search for that
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 17th Apr 19, 6:09 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    Why search for that
    Originally posted by marcmc84
    It's a reply to the earlier post by Amara, who wanted to develop and sell a limescale removal product. It would be clear if itrttd had quoted the post they were replying to, especially as the post is on the previous page.
    • Muhren
    • By Muhren 18th Apr 19, 7:48 PM
    • 1,537 Posts
    • 2,973 Thanks
    Muhren
    A little update from me. I have paid the full 4000 into this years LISA, just waiting for the bonus now. I have also set up a new S&S ISA for this year and paid in 2500, I am going to transfer last years holding over to the new platform as they have lower fees.

I have upped my pension contribution to 36% through my employer as this is done through salary sacrifice, but this has meant I will be paying less into my ISA each month. Our payrise is still being negotiated at work (never gets agreed on time, it will be back dated though). I have a new company car, and although it is still towards the lower end of the scale, it is still costing me more than the last car I had.

With all that considered I am on track to get to a NAV of 250k by the end of the year, hopefully more, maybe even 255k but we will have to see.
    Last edited by Muhren; 18-04-2019 at 7:50 PM.
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt 38,180/ Now 0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

1,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin