Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinktay84
    • By tinktay84 10th May 11, 10:25 PM
    • 298Posts
    • 948Thanks
    tinktay84
    Millionaire Challenge
    • 10th May 11, 10:25 PM
    Millionaire Challenge 10th May 11 at 10:25 PM
    I sat pondering on what ive achieved in my 27 years and realised that anything ive ever said I wanted to do or wanted to have I have managed to achieve.

Last year after 10 years in catering I completely changed career and last week I achieved a distinction in painting and decorating. This got me thinking that since I always achieve goals I set myself what could I do next....

Thus the Millionaire challenge!

So phase 1 is opening a savings account and getting money building up...

I work for myself so have a bit of control over my earnings, we have 1 property that we rent out and my husband has a decent (secure) job.

My aim is to get to the million mark by the age of 40 (im 27 now)

So how many of you think im mad and its impossible and how many of you think i'll do it and have ideas to help me
Page 192
    • Teasedale
    • By Teasedale 7th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Teasedale
    i want to be multi millionaire how do i become that?
    what do i need to do?
    Originally posted by ashleycha123459
    1. Visualise your success every hour.
    2. Understand the law of Compound Interest.
    3. Be nice. Rich and nasty is a bad combination.
    • Kayalana99
    • By Kayalana99 8th Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 6,074 Thanks
    Kayalana99
    Well we have news.

Had an offer accepted on a house, been a lot of hassle but hopefully all will go through now and we are pushing for a completion date end of March. Shouldn't be too much of an issue but you never know with these things.

Houses in this area sell like crazy, but this property has been on market since Oct as a leasehold so people won't touch it. We had an appointment booked but cancelled it when we found out, but after doing a bit of research we decided to find more information about the lease on the house to see if we purchased it if we could then buy the freehold but it turns out the company that owned it had already purchased the freehold in past 30 days but I'm 99.9% postive the only reason it's still on market is because they haven't updated the advert and anyone looking at houses in area has seen it was leasehold.

Anyway, we've got it for 7k cheaper then I reckon it's worth so it's still quite a saving, plus I've worked out assuming house prices stay the same (hoping they will go up but as a base) with a bit of work I reckon we could get it worth the extra 5k which would push it into the 25% equality meaning we would have the potential to turn it into a B2L.

Then the only issue would be getting the deposit for next house, but this house is well below our means and I reckon we could easily stash around £400-500 a month away, and I've already set aside 5k from savings that will be left in the 'house fund' so in around 2-3 years assuming all goes well (and in theory in this time our incomes should rise too) we would have a 20k depoist for our next home and a B2L on the deck.

We did see a house for 50k more that we fell in love with, and we were in position to buy it but it got into a bit of a bidding war and I do think we've made the right decision.

We will get that dream house, but maybe after putting the pieces together first to get on the B2L ladder...and in the mean time it's quite a nice little house that has a garage and is literally 3min walk from the school
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
    • AnimalTribe
    • By AnimalTribe 13th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    AnimalTribe
    Hi
    I don't post here regularly but I do always read the posts. I promised someone on here (sorry I can't remember who) that I'd give an update on my Amazon eBook sales. So far I've sold 9 copies. Not a lot but I'm OK with that. It's been 2 months since I published, so I'm just going to leave the book there and see what happens. I have found that I enjoy writing, so I've written another book and put that on Amazon too. It hasn't cost me anything but my time, and I consider my time spent as partaking in an enjoyable hobby. So for me, it's a win-win.
    I hope this year is a good one for everyone.
    AT
    Last edited by AnimalTribe; 13-02-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: apostrophes came out as a number string
    • minxy-x
    • By minxy-x 13th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    minxy-x
    Kay
    Great news on the home, hope the transaction goes smoothly for you!

Animal
    Well done with the book that's really great!Hope the 2nd is successful also.

Banging my head against a wall dealing with commercial brokers at the moment, I am currently on my 3rd company (3rd time lucky???), after initial contact promising the world, they get lost, never to be heard of again!

Hope everyone is well!
    • Luckystepho
    • By Luckystepho 14th Feb 18, 6:45 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 644 Thanks
    Luckystepho
    I haven't posted in ages but still read every post as I love to hear how everyone's doing! I am moving forwards slightly I think- have a little invested in hZopa (peer to peer), silver and have taken a little punt on cryptocurrencies just to see what happens!

Working in feeing up some income each month to invest and my brother-in-law extremely generously offered to loan me the money to pay off my high interest car HP loan, meaning I will repay it 20 months sooner and save around £2,700 in interest!

• lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 19th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 61,270 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello fellow millionaires in waiting. Im back!!!

I have had a wonderful holiday - great weather, nice people, lots of nice eats (too many!!!). Lots of nice mini adventures, trekking through the jungle, seeing lots of wildlife, swimming in the warm Caribbean seas.

Now it is back home to my comfy bed, feather pillows and luxury of luxuries - long soaks in the bath. The ship was comfortable but you cannot beat home comforts.

I had a mishap......lost a crown off my tooth. It is not worth fixing so its tiime to grasp the nettle and finally get round to some serious dental work.......alas this will incur serious costs too. Hey ho. Needs must.

So now ......back to the task in hand......making and saving some serious money.

Kaya......how is the house sale going. Hope all is well.

Looking forward to hearing everyones news and progress. Hope you are all well and making lots of money.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 19-02-2018 at 2:03 PM.
    • juliafer
    • By juliafer 20th Feb 18, 5:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    juliafer
    Haha, Best of Luck
    • LuxuryWoman
    • By LuxuryWoman 20th Feb 18, 10:29 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    LuxuryWoman
    Hey LessonLearned great to see you back and I'm so happy you had an amazing time, oooof to the tooth though.

Business continues to grow here, I'm ready to take it to the next level now and part with some cash to get there, she who dares!

Hope everyone else is doing well
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 20th Feb 18, 11:08 AM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 61,270 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    LW.......”Who Dares Wins”

Good luck with the next step.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 20th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 61,270 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Had a lazy day yesterday, recovering from the journey home on Sunday. So had time to review some of the thoughts and plans I made whilst on holiday.

I have lots of ideas. I usually find that is the case. Holidays tend to free my mind and get my creative juices going. So I am all fired up now and raring to go. I did jot my ideas down as I went along so I don!!!8217;t forget them and that list will be my starting point next week.

I am not sure if I mentioned it but I was offered a job before I left. I told them I would think it over. Well I have given it some serious thought and although it is tempting to take the easy option and work for someone else I have decided to decline their offer. I think it will be best if I concentrate on my own plans and working for someone else would just hold me back, eat into my time and deplete my energy levels.

I have enough passive income to meet my daily needs (not counting major dentist work) so I have decided to spend the next month or so sorting myself out and then take it from there.

Going to draw up a schedule but first need to catch up with myself, still not unpacked and done the laundry and food shopping. Washing machine is on its 4th load as I write.......

My diary is filling up already but next week should see me getting super organised and hopefully get the ball rolling again.

My year off has been great but I am ready now to knuckle down again.

Beautiful day here, the birds are singing away and it feels like spring.
    • Kayalana99
    • By Kayalana99 20th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 6,074 Thanks
    Kayalana99
    Hey guys!

Welcome back LL I swear you keep this thread going, so quiet without you! Glad you had a great holiday.

LW - Hope all goes well for you, it sounds like it is!

House sale has gone quiet but the mortgage company has accepted us pending valuation so mainly waiting on that, solictors have ignored my last e-mail from 11th so it's a great start...might chase them today actually and just hope searchs have been started.

I'm a bit dubvouis as I couldn't use our solictors (who are amazing) because they aren't on the panel of the mortgage company we are going with, and this one was pushed by the company selling the property. The thing is they gave us a completion date of 28th March, my Dad reckons they won't pull out if it doesn't get done by this time, but if it's the solictors they recommended to us slowing it down, it's not really our fault is it? haha. We'd love that to be the final date though...and having the mortgage go through so quickly feels like a weight off as it was a nightmare last time around. To be honest, nothing should go wrong, but I'm just trying not to over think about it. It will be what it will be.

A lot has happened the past 6 months and tbh I've been doing a lot of soul searching and come to some conclusions of what I want out of life, and how/if it is attainable. I think I've made some bad choices and I didn't have the best start growing up and sometimes I feel like I'm still 'catching up' on the basics (I.e even simple things like cooking/cleaning/looking after myself even) but I've pulled a plan together revovling round my children, health, education and overall well being and I'm aiming god dam high. I hate to be ungrateful, but what I have now is not enough for me, and I want them to have the best life possible too.

I've lost another half a stone, and set myself a target of 2 pound a week, I've been so strict with myself and keeping up my daily strengh excercises and I can really feel the muscles in my stomach and arms now (although not on show just yet lol) I'm really going all the way, not just being 'thin' but being toned and stronger.

If anyone saw my other post I have had a product idea that I'm so so so suprized isn't on the market. I actually just went to buy one myself and realised nothing like it exisits, it won't cost a lot to produce either...but I'm debating just selling it to a company who are already in that area, I've purchased something similar to test it out (it's so so hard to explain this without telling you the idea, but lets just say the product I'm buying you'd not use it for the purpose so you'd have to create a special line, but it will prove if it works or not for what it's for lol ...ugh ok no sense maybe)....for now though, kids are off, I've got an essay to plan/write.

I'll update again with more info of my plans, but I need this house sale to come through so we can get a handle just how much money we have left over.
    • minxy-x
    • By minxy-x 22nd Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    minxy-x

If anyone saw my other post I have had a product idea that I'm so so so suprized isn't on the market. I actually just went to buy one myself and realised nothing like it exisits, it won't cost a lot to produce either...but I'm debating just selling it to a company who are already in that area, I've purchased something similar to test it out (it's so so hard to explain this without telling you the idea, but lets just say the product I'm buying you'd not use it for the purpose so you'd have to create a special line, but it will prove if it works or not for what it's for lol ...ugh ok no sense maybe)....for now though, kids are off, I've got an essay to plan/write.
    Originally posted by Kayalana99
    How exciting for you

What are your reasons for not looking into producing this yourself? Time??? ...
    Can you patent/register the design of the product or any component of the product?
    If you can you could then sell this to a company who are already in the area.

NDA's non disclosure agreement's are what I use with any outside service providers for my product development.
    However I have slightly different circumstance to you and your idea, so I would suggest speaking to a solicitor before approaching any company about possibly purchasing the idea, to check if a NDA would cover you giving the details of the product to a company to discuss and they would not be able to use this info to develop themselves.
    Oh and for right now I would send myself an email with the info, so you have a time stamped document- just encase.

The only other thing to think about, you mention in your post about buying something similar that's not sold for the use that your idea is for.
    How easy with no patent etc would it be for this company to market their product for your use?
    Or a similar company to manufacture the product?

You would obviously have some time on your side as you could bring to market, and then the other companies would have to play catch up a bit.

However depending on the size of the company and the product this might not take long (no where near the time it would take a new start up, as they may have product designers, marketing designers etc in house, know a manufacture for the product, know buyers in the relevant stores, or have their own sales set up).

Now the above might not be so critical if you were able to additionally build a brand behind this product?
    • minxy-x
    • By minxy-x 22nd Feb 18, 4:09 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    minxy-x
    Kay
    Its great to keep re-evaluating where you are and where you want to be, and you aim high girl! Wanting a change or better is not being ungrateful for where you are/have been.

There is no reason why with your determination you will not get to where you want to be, there may be a few twists and turns but you will get there!

Try not to overload your self with all of your changes at once, start adding one or two at a time.
    You mention about looking after yourself, you could pop a list in your phone (with alarm reminders if needed)- take vitamins, drink water, what ever it is, this might help.
    Cooking- possibly following recipes whilst getting started, then start branching out on your own, or adapting those recipes.
    Also what about you tube- I think its a great tool and almost use it as google for "how to??? searches", this might help seeing things being done rather than just reading?

Also don't call these simple things (I read this like putting yourself down), you know what you know and you don't know what you don't know.
    Walking could be classed as a simple thing (if you have use of your legs) , but how many times would we have fallen down before we learnt.

LL
    Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time, and have been inspired during your holiday.
    The dreaded washing after some time away...

LuxuryWoman
    Best of luck! You have to speculate to accumulate and all that...

LuckyStepHo
    P2P is something I want to look into further this year, its on my to do list (but was possibly last year also)
    When we have some spare money, I want to make sure we have spread assets/investments around.
    As we keep using our spare money for other investments, I have not really looked into it yet.
    • nsl101
    • By nsl101 23rd Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    nsl101
    just had a good read on this forum, would take a lifetime to read all the posts... but yea i wouldn't mind being a millionaire.

I have a long long way to go yet, but im playing with crypto investments, trading on ebay and also working on reducing my outgoings... those elusive passive income streams i would like to have a go at finding something passive but reliable.

I often read stuff online but i cant help but think everyone will be doing the same so i need to find my own thing, something different but meh... in the mean time im spending my time on raising cash or saving it... and along the way evaluating what gives the best return for my time... eventualy i should settle on some things that work.

For the first time in my entire life i have managed to save an emergency fund and keep it about 6 months. which i'm hugely proud of, and the bonus is it earns me a few quid each month, so that's the start of my passive earnings..

I like to deal with the small things that then grow into bigger things... I dunno might make it lol
    Fresh start & LBM #2: 21/12/2017 : DFD: 02.02.2024
    Debt at 21/12/2017: £46,506.94 | FD Loan: £334.04/£35,700.00 | O% finance: £143.85/31918.00
    1% challenge: 0%
    • Kayalana99
    • By Kayalana99 27th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 6,074 Thanks
    Kayalana99
    Re product idea, I think there is scope to have a facebook business and I bet it would sell, but this product would be better suited sat next to another at the supermarket so to speak. So it makes sense in a way to sell the idea because it would be put to better use rather then me trying to sell it myself. It's a bit of a niche market as it would be down the health and beauty isle so to speak. I'm not really seeing it as a million dollar idea, but there is a gap in the market and it does work as I've had a trial run with basically same thing now and I'm confident it would work for others too.

If I have a facebook business, it would consume me time wise too...in a way it feels better even if someone goes on to make 100k+ because they have the business set up to get it into supermarkets etc, rather me making a few hundred a month on side for a lot of time when I could sell the idea and move on to better things.

The 'something similar' wouldn't actually work because of health and safety reasons...I can't explain it but I can use it to see if it works, but it couldn't be sold for the same purpose because it would be subject to regulations because of how it's being used so you would have to make your own product....sorry I know it's comlicated.

The branding is actually something that would be the best option...maybe if I made the product first and sold the idea on that would be the better way round to do it. The trick is designing it so it's trendy.

Regardless, right now I've got two big essays due and I just want to focus on my health, I've decided everything is taking a back seat till mid April when it's my birthday apart from getting fitter, my degree and getting in this house (which in theory would actually be mid-April anyway all going well as we are off that week so best time to move in)

Also, yes I guess it is putting myself down, I don't really feel like that anymore (although I do have bad days) but I feel like it took me a long time to get here, and 'here' is a funny place as I think a lot of people leave College / Uni already ready to take life on, but I'm sorry if this sounds strange, I just didn't feel like I was equiped and have wasted time learning skills I should have learnt when I was younger and my confidence has always been low because of this.

I still feel like I have a long way to go, but I will get there and looking after myself right now is top of my list. No weight loss on Monday but I dropped 2 pounds since yday, so not offically counting anything till Monday again but I have a feeling this will be a loss week. I'm still staying strong and doing strengh exercises and pretty sure I'll have lost body fat but gained a bit of muscle regardless.

Roll on being in this house, I'm looking at the figures once we're settled and we will finally be in position to start moving forward financially....
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 27th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 61,270 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone

Kaya.....sounds like you have got a lot on your mind. Lots of ideas buzzing round........maybe too many for you to handle at the moment. I think you are right, maybe just focus on your course work, your house move and your health plans for now.

And yes you are putting yourself down. Stop that. You are doing well. So what if you were a bit slow at the starting gate.......we all need to go at our own pace. And anyway I would hardly call you a late bloomer you ar still young with time on your side.

And......there is another side to the argument. Ok you did not go to university straight after school but you have had your children early. There is no right or wrong way to do this. However, maybe that WAS a good thing. There a are a lot of people who want children and then leave it too late.

I went to university when I was 40. Like you I had two children by then. I had my first child at 33. My daughter in law is also 33. We were lucky. My son has a friend who is currently undergoing fertility treatment....without much success unfortunately. Lots of people seem to leave it too late to have children and then regret it.

And of course there are plenty of people who drift along not really knowing what they want. Some people eventually make up their mind and decide what they want to do and there is no stopping them. Then there are those who need to try several career paths or businesses before they hit gold.

Not everyone is a success from day one. The world is full of late starters who did well in the end. So stop doing yourself down, you are not a failure. You have your children, your home, your partner and you are educating yourself. Pretty good going for someone so young.

Remember it is not how often we stumble and fall that is important, it is how often we get back up again that counts.

Well what have I been up to. Putting my house In order...... literally. finally caught up with all the washing, shopping, cleaning etc. Did a bit of a money sort out etc

The plan for March .....I need to go to London but that is just for a couple of days. And I am going to look at my savings and investments and see if I can rejig them for better returns.

I have also decided that this year I will get the house ready to put on the market so a big push now to tweak it and get all the little bits and pieces finished. Aiming for either September or next spring. 2019. Depends on the market really. It’s still a bit slow here.

Just looked out of the window.....the snow is really coming down now. Fortunately I do not have to go out. I have to say I have not really acclimatised yet, still missing all that nice warm Caribbean sunshine.

Never mind, spring is nearly here. This Beast from the East is just winter having a final fling. I have a chandelier to assemble so I shall get cracking with that and stay warm and cosy.

Hope you are all well. Stay safe and warm.
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 27th Feb 18, 8:13 PM
    • 15,120 Posts
    • 49,606 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Hello all,

Haven't posted for a while, BIL has been in hospital for 8 months and any plans I have have been on hold completely. I would like to run my plans past you all.

The Plan

1. Save 5000
    2. Save 1000 emergency fund.
    3. Option A - take out a bank loan to buy a house as a buy to let (50000) this would be a quick option, but would be expensive - about 750 a month for 7 Years but could over pay it.
    Option B - take out a buy to let mortgage - I found a company online via an auction website.......who would give me (no property owned ever so main stream lenders won't give me a mortgage) would be much more reasonable I think = 15/25 years.

I fully appreciate that seeing it written down, obviously Option B, however how suss is an online Mortgage company ?? If I am not borrowing from a mainstream bank then who am I borrowing from?

I am not looking for recommendations of a particular company I just wondered what happens if your mortgage lender cos broke?? Do they?
    Frugal Living Challenge, Pound a Day challenge, Sealed Pot Challenge Debt 4990 (March)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 27th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 61,270 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hi Buffy. Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Hope his health picks up soon.

Re your mortgage question. Have you discussed your options with a couple of independent mortgage brokers. They often have access to lenders that the person in the street is denied access to. It might be worth picking their brains.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 27-02-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    • Luckystepho
    • By Luckystepho 28th Feb 18, 7:25 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 644 Thanks
    Luckystepho
    Minxy- I only have a little in Zopa at the moment, when I have more to invest I would like to start investing in businesses etc looking to raise funds... higher risk but potentially higher returns.

I did stupidly take out a car loan at a high interest rate in August 2016 (old car was in its death throes) over 5 years but my brother-in-law has kindly lent me the money to settle this. I will be paying him a little interest but will end up paying him back 21 months earlier than the car loan and save around £2,700 in interest! My credit card debt is all on 0% balance transfers and I have set up direct debits to make sure the balances are paid before the 0% terms end.

Being single I don't have the advantage some couples do of two wages coming in- it's just me- so there isn't much spare money left over to invest each month from my wages. I have been looking at reducing my outgoings as much as possible plus developing income streams so I have money to put to use to work for me.

Hope everyone is ok in the snow- not much here in Nottinghamshire.

• minxy-x
    • By minxy-x 28th Feb 18, 6:25 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    minxy-x
    Hey
    I am having a break from household paperwork organising!
    My plan (so far) is for
    - Yearly master calendar with non changable dates on (birthdays/anniversary's) and a few which may change but not often (car insurance/tax/MOT/ home insurance due). It will be saved as a document so I can easily update as and when required.
    - Master list of all of our personal accounts/HMRC info/DR info/home provider info etc, this will be for ease for us now as most important info will be on one document, but a copy will also go to my M&D, and my best friend- just encase any thing happens to us (I know how depressing, but it is real life and I might as well make things easier )
    - I'm also going to do a master list with our businesses/investments- for the same reasons above.
    - Finally I need to sort out a mini folder, for paperwork which is currently ongoing and I need access to on/off now, then once its completed it can be filled in the filling cabinet.
    But at the moment I seem to have the pile of this paperwork moving around and it annoys me, so it can be slightly hidden in a nice folder
    All of the above is in progress so I am at the stage when I have spent about 5 hours on it, but its not finished, so I feel like I have done nothing.
    I probably have a few hours of collating info, and its all done and then I can bask in my awesome organisation!

Does anybody else have any great home/life organisation tips?
    I dream of the day when businesses/paperwork/cleaning/personal life are all running in sync and on point.
    Right now the cleaning has taken the hit from the last 2 days home paperwork sorting.
    Then tonight/tomorrow I will have a mad clean, and that will all be up together and something else will pop up

Kay
    Good plans! Hope the house move is going to plan!

Buffey
    Sorry to hear about you BIL.
    I believe you can not take out a loan to purchase a house, or is that just towards the deposit?
    I agree with LL, speak to a broker (or a few) I used London and Country for our BTL a few years ago, they were whole of market, fees from mortgage company, had won mortgage broker for a few years, and recommended by Martin at the time.
    No residential property will make it harder, and a broker would know which lenders may take you. You don't want to knacker your credit rating with loads of applications!
    The other thing is if you don't have a residential property, is this something you may be thinking of in the future, as the first a option (if possible) would likely seriously hold you back.

LL
    I'm with you and staying in my home avoiding the weather outside.

Luckystepho
    We are DINKY at the moment, and have been for a little while (double income no kids yet- not for lack of trying but that's another story), I am aware we are fortunate with this and life is harder, not only do you not have the second income, but most bills are the same or very similar...
    Hope it all works out for you!

On a credit rating side note, I had to send my full experidan credit report to a commercial broker for a potential purchase, my score was 987 out of a possible score of 999
    Not many people in real life who you would tell, or may appreciate it, but thought you guys may understand.
    I wonder if the 999 score would ever be met...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,026Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm retweeting this so people can judge my 'non-apology' for themselves. Yet I am gen? https://t.co/ALnjaDtZcm

• I don't shush women. But did wrongly shush a woman, u, not due to gender, but as u patronisingly offered me an unpa? https://t.co/jCYTb7aFYt

• Harassing people who are hospitalised for mental health issues helps no one. Giving breathing space to put finance? https://t.co/L02RzMDoEs

• Follow Martin