Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paulfoel
    • By paulfoel 10th May 11, 7:12 PM
    • 5,516Posts
    • 2,566Thanks
    paulfoel
    CV writing services - Any good?
    • 10th May 11, 7:12 PM
    CV writing services - Any good? 10th May 11 at 7:12 PM
    Some seem cheap and some expensive but there are so many...

Is it even worth bothering? If so, which one?
    Cymru am Byth !!!
Page 5
    • Ivan_is_Happy
    • By Ivan_is_Happy 9th Aug 18, 12:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ivan_is_Happy
    Thank you for the compliments. My general English is so good than you suspect me for advertising ))) I'd wish to be true, and to not need anyone to write it, but my technical English was bad. My background is in engineering, there are loads of words from my field that, in those times, I didn't know how to say in English. Plus, I was afraid of grammar mistakes and weird phrasing.
    • niazkhan1
    • By niazkhan1 22nd Oct 18, 6:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    niazkhan1
    CV writer
    Yes be careful as some CV prices look cheap but bunk up the prices you end up paying more
    I write CVs.
    Please look at my website
    Please email if you need any help on
    nkhan@successfulcareers.co.uk
    Best wishes
    Naz
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 22nd Oct 18, 6:42 PM
    • 7,894 Posts
    • 8,754 Thanks
    Comms69
    Yes be careful as some CV prices look cheap but bunk up the prices you end up paying more
    I write CVs.
    Please look at my website
    Please email if you need any help on
    nkhan@successfulcareers.co.uk
    Best wishes
    Naz
    Originally posted by niazkhan1
    Because the really successful companies advertise on the MSE forums...
    • counterfeit
    • By counterfeit 23rd Oct 18, 11:24 AM
    • 721 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    counterfeit
    I'm glad this subject has come back to the top of the forum because I was looking at CV review sites yesterday. It seems that there are a quite a few free CV builders that provide a reasonable CV but it does seem that it's prudent to avoid the ones from Barclays and Reed.

My own CV looks fine (I know this because it was written by a professional in 2012) but I was looking online for advice on how to make sure potential employers look past two issues. Firstly, I'm 50 which really doesn't seem to help but secondly and probably more importantly, for the past 7 years I've been a full time matched bettor and gambling website administrator. As that's the first thing on my CV it's so noticeable and no employer seems to find it an acceptable way of making a living/filling my time.

I must have applied for 100 jobs in the past three months and only JET2.com have been decent enough to even tell me they weren't interested.

So frustrating.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,488Posts Today

6,848Users online

Martin's Twitter