Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Ravanelli
    I'm Free
    • 20th Apr 11, 8:34 PM
    I'm Free 20th Apr 11 at 8:34 PM
    I hope no one thinks I'm gloating with this post.

In 2006 we were massively in debt, we owed 29,000 to 17 creditors and didn't know which way to turn, sleepless nights, stress and our marriage nearly broke up through the pressure.

One phone call to PayPlan and things started to look better, we were put on to a DMP paying around 500 a month from June 2006.

Things have been really tight through the past 5 years but we have come though it with our marriage stronger than It's ever been. Today we made the final payment of the DMP and are now debt free (at last).

We have been helped no end by people on here (even though they don't know it), we have been lurking and reading threads for the past 5 years but have not posted our problems.

Anybody in or starting a DMP, there is light at the end of the tunnel even though sometimes it feels so far away.

Tomorrow we are having a debt free day party for all our family as they have also struggled and got by with small birthday and xmas presents

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-04-2011 at 5:26 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,280Posts Today

5,564Users online

Martin's Twitter