Quick questions on Consumer Rights

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello

I as wondering if somebody could help i bought a pair of boots from schuh last week and wore them only once....but it rained!
    As these were tan coloured boots they now look stained and marked, am i entitled to a refund?
    I wasnt told that you couldnt wear these in the rain or made aware of any risk of wearing them in bad weather...and as you know this country is renowned for it!

Please help i dont want my money going to waste!

Thanks

Did you apply protector? Did they advise you to do so (before first wear?)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    eckyc71 wrote: »
    hello i recently ordered a mountain bike from a company and entered into a credit agreement with their finance company, i also paid £100 deposit with a credit card, i was told that i would have to wait a month, i phoned after the month was up to enquire upon the status of my order to which the responded that the bike would be available for pick up a couple of days later, i visited shop to pick up order and then was informed that the person i spoke to on the phone had misinformed me and that the order had not even left the depot there fore i would have to wait even longer, i informed them of my annoyance and asked them what they could do to compensate me for the extended wait they said they would give £20 of price to which i informed them that this was unacceptable and would be seeking more in way of lights, pump, tubings etc, where do i stand in reguard to this ,what are my rights concerning compensation if any?
    please help cos this is doing my head in, the passing back and fore the blame, and would it be easier just to ask for deposit back and shop else where? which i dont want to do because no other shop offered the same style of bike.
    once again please help
    thank you

Any offer of compensation (and what is offered) is up to the company.

What delivery timescale was set out on your paperwork?

Was there any suggestion, from you, that 'time is of the essence?' ie you required fulfilment of the order within a certain timescale?
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • hi
    there was no time scale although they did say i would have to wait a month for it to be delivered, and i did mention that i needed it for getting to work in the mornings
    thanks
  • Hi, everyone.

At the weekend I treated myself to a Roku XS media streaming box from Currys that connects to your wifi and HDTV. I bought it after the sales assistant informed me that I would be able to get BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD, Demand 5. as well as 100's of other internet movie/tv/radio channels. However, after setting it up and connecting to my wifi broadband I find that none of the UK 'catch-up' services are available on this device. I bought the item solely on the recommendation of the assistant who assured me it was very similar to Samsung's Smart TV service.

What I'd like to know is can I return the device for a full refund as it does not provide the services that I was told it would by the sales assistant?
    Skint again!
  • Valli
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I do believe that if the item was represented to you in this way then you shoudl be given a refund.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Rekyht
    Rekyht Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey guys,

Quick query: I accidently ordered 2 football shirts from SportsDirect.com, both personalised (The site broke, but must have gone through without me realising, and then I re-did the order thinking it hadn't gone through)

Sportsdirect say in there refund policy I will be unable to return or receive a refund on personalised goods: Am I entitled to get a refund from them, or will I have to live with my mistake?

Thanks!
  • Valli
    Rekyht wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Quick query: I accidently ordered 2 football shirts from SportsDirect.com, both personalised (The site broke, but must have gone through without me realising, and then I re-did the order thinking it hadn't gone through)

Sportsdirect say in there refund policy I will be unable to return or receive a refund on personalised goods: Am I entitled to get a refund from them, or will I have to live with my mistake?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, as you ordered personalised goods you are not entitled to return them to the retailer unless they are (or one of them is) faulty.
    Distance Selling Regulations, which apply to online orders, don't apply if you order personalised goods, unfortunately.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Rekyht
    Rekyht Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Valli wrote: »
    Unfortunately, as you ordered personalised goods you are not entitled to return them to the retailer unless they are (or one of them is) faulty.
    Distance Selling Regulations, which apply to online orders, don't apply if you order personalised goods, unfortunately.

Damn! Thanks for the help though, I'll have to try and eBay the second one.
  • MollyMutkin
    MollyMutkin Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In late January I bought a few energy saving light bulbs from an on-line seller for a couple of pendant lights in my kitchen. It's now early May and one of the bulbs blew today. The packaging states 10,000 hours life (equates to about 13 months use 24/7). I would like to return it in exchange or refund and I checked the suppliers returns policy but they state they will only refund an item if it fails within 28 days. ??
  • JakeEy
    JakeEy Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know you have up to six years 'warranty' with the sale of goods act but the retailer is telling me that this only applies to white goods and items over £200.

I cannot find an answer and not heard that before, is this true?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback