Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mike307
    • By Mike307 18th Apr 11, 3:09 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Mike307
    los pandos vineyard
    • 18th Apr 11, 3:09 PM
    los pandos vineyard 18th Apr 11 at 3:09 PM
    Hi

has anybody had any dealings with Los Pandos? - ROI seems to good to be true

http://www.lospandosvineyard.com/controlador.php?op=dinamicas&idFamilia=10

Mike
    "Genius is eternal patience."
    -Michelangelo
Page 3
    • mardyy
    • By mardyy 5th Apr 14, 12:55 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mardyy
    fraud
    its a multi million pound fraud, can't believe it but they will get away with, as its so difficult to even know how to go about sueing them.I think its been very professionally done.
    • glamdring
    • By glamdring 12th Apr 14, 12:51 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    glamdring
    los pandos
    anybody with any contact information for Mike Clews?

The contact information for m&c head office is useless. Mike Clews apparently has a UK residence.
    • Eric_the_half_a_bee
    • By Eric_the_half_a_bee 12th Apr 14, 4:04 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 5,894 Thanks
    Eric_the_half_a_bee
    anybody with any contact information for Mike Clews?

The contact information for m&c head office is useless. Mike Clews apparently has a UK residence.
    Originally posted by glamdring
    There are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud. This is a criminal offence. Have the police been contacted?
  • Hatch999
    The following is my understanding having pieced several bits of information together, though I cant say definitively that its absolute fact.

Mr Montoro was the lawyer for many of the original purchases but I have no reason to believe he is part of a fraud, or that there is a fraud. However, I have not (yet) proceeded with legal action because the fees were too high and I am conscious of throwing good money after bad.

Several years ago I purchased land, and until very recently was in frequent contact with representatives of M&C. There were originally 400 land investors and about 2 years ago when contracts had expired, about 90% exited. I understand they all received their money back as the company had a call centre business generating extra funds. This, and the fact that this diversification (and the intelligent metamorphosis of the site to attract business clients as well as residential investors after the collapse of other mass-residential projects like Polaris World) impressed me and I remained 'in'. I was regularly kept up to date with planning progress etc.... until very recently.

I was told that recent UK legislative changes to pension fund investment criteria has effectively 'nobbled' sales efforts to obtain additional funds. This has left them with a cashflow issue. I spoke to Mike Clews before Xmas last year and he reassured me he was working on some deals and the matter would be resolved early this year. However, like many other investors have found, he is now not taking calls.

There is clearly a staff exodus and a massive downsizing- which I can understand if the above is true. The person I dealt with was Andy Welland, who has now left (and has taken his contact details off linked-in). Then I dealt with Wendy Baggs but she has also left the company. Then it was Marina who apparently is still with the company but does not answer emails and has no contact number. The only point of contact is Mr Orozco.

I received a general email letter from Eduaro Martin about 4/5 weeks ago that investors would be allocated a handler and updated in about 3 weeks time. That has not happened.

I can understand the challenges faced by the company but can not understand this lack of communication and this is what is worrying me. At best it is unprofessional; at worst indicates the pland are on the rocks. Despite reassurances that my investment is 'safe' because of the capital value of the land, this is very different to turning it into cash.

I am worried and shall keep trying to contact them.

In the meantime, any other constructive information is welcome.
    • lawriejones1
    • By lawriejones1 20th Apr 14, 4:14 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 260 Thanks
    lawriejones1
    This all sounds like a particular plot from a sordid episode of Eldorado in the early 90s, or Watchdog when Ann Robinson was on it.

I can only wish anyone who invested in this the best of luck, particularly in getting your money back.
  • trevorphillip1962
    If Mike Clews has a UK address this is very interesting development. Can you please email me trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk I dont want to put information regarding this on an open forum. Thanks
  • trevorphillip1962
    If Stadia has sent any one accounts to pay addministration fees re Los Pandos Investments/Sips can you please email me on trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk
    Thanks
    • silverwhistle
    • By silverwhistle 29th Apr 14, 3:28 PM
    • 1,908 Posts
    • 2,510 Thanks
    silverwhistle
    I was told that recent UK legislative changes to pension fund investment criteria has effectively 'nobbled' sales efforts to obtain additional funds. This has left them with a cashflow issue.
    Originally posted by Hatch999
    ..and unable to sustain their Ponzi scheme..

It must be a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when people realise they've been had. I'm not an "experienced investor" but having just seen and read this thread from the beginning the bargepole was smacking me round my head.

I've lived in a wine-growing area and know a few growers (as a customer), and it's a hard slog with low rates of return. It's a competitive area and the ones I knew did it for love and passion. Having to go to investors in another country is always a bad sign, as is the existance of "consultants": there's plenty of black money in these local economies that needs a home.
  • cidermill
    Re;Legal Action
    The only way forward for any criminal action is to denounce the company and directors to the Guardia Civil. Whether this sort of action could bring criminal against the company and its directors. However, this would probably cost money.
    I am not sure what action could be taken in the UK against the persons selling this product.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    • Eric_the_half_a_bee
    • By Eric_the_half_a_bee 3rd May 14, 5:19 AM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 5,894 Thanks
    Eric_the_half_a_bee
    The only way forward for any criminal action is to denounce the company and directors to the Guardia Civil. Whether this sort of action could bring criminal against the company and its directors. However, this would probably cost money.
    I am not sure what action could be taken in the UK against the persons selling this product.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    Originally posted by cidermill
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/sites/default/files/Fraud%20Advisory%20Panel%20-%20Ponzi%20schemes.pdf
  • trevorphillip1962
    los pandos
    Best thing is don't pay Stadia any account fees. When the investment is returned to you let them have their money then.
    • trevorphillip
    • By trevorphillip 28th May 14, 9:13 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevorphillip
    Would the people who contacted me prior via my previous email address froward their email address to my new trevorphillipbuck@yahoo.co.uk Micro soft cut my "@live.co.uk " bless them. I am collating information for los pandos. So far total amount of investments from those who have contacted me is staggering. I am trying to obtain a rough valuation for land from Spain at the moment.
    • ginluke
    • By ginluke 19th Jul 14, 9:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ginluke
    Trevour I have tried to email you regarding this as stadia have with held part ofmy pension and they are using this to cover there fees I was put with them via pfr service they have comfirmed that they ceased trading with them since they are now blacklisted by the fsa. Contact is very limited between myself and stadia and updates few and far between have also cintacted martin and clews but to date no reply
    Any help you can give me woukd be very grateful
    • trevorphillip
    • By trevorphillip 31st Jul 14, 2:08 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevorphillip
    Hi,
    Tthe situation with certain based SIP companies and PFR is strange. A lot of people are with holding payments to the investment companies for their fees saying when their investment is returned , then they will pay.

It appears the main question here is if the investment company have acted "with due dillegence?" Did they know who PFR was owed and operated by? And were they aware of any problems with Los Pandos before they invested peoples money?

A lot of people have now given statements to the FCA and I think is a case of sit and wait.

I myself, have made a lot of enquiries. PFR, Swiss Capita were scam companies. They were in fact just websites set up by a certain person and sole intent that may have been to defraud. Both companies were Spanish based and so any investments unregulated by the FCA.

I know people who have contacted me, are going to try and get account management fees returned if people or companies have dealt with PFR or another certain individual who is blacklisted by the FCA. your best option is to go to the FCA website, register a complaint. You may get account fees back if enough people complain and a case can be proved. But its not an easy one.

My personal opinion is the money is gone and los pandos is defunct. Forget all update emails and reports from sipp companies Clews or any one else. its a smoke screen. Staff working for Clews have not been paid for months and have left. I stand to be proved wrong on this and will take and will take any criticism if I am. And I hope I am proved wrong because a lot of people have been taken in, and stand to lose in some cases several hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    • glamdring
    • By glamdring 31st Jul 14, 5:57 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    glamdring
    Trevour I have tried to email you regarding this as stadia have with held part ofmy pension and they are using this to cover there fees I was put with them via pfr service they have comfirmed that they ceased trading with them since they are now blacklisted by the fsa. Contact is very limited between myself and stadia and updates few and far between have also cintacted martin and clews but to date no reply
    Any help you can give me woukd be very grateful
    Originally posted by ginluke
    Hi, it was me that informed pfr services and that there many other guises were blacklisted by the FCA two years ago! I bet they didnt contact you to let you know did they?
    • trevorphillip
    • By trevorphillip 1st Aug 14, 6:03 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevorphillip
    Well it certainly seems after talking to a lot of people and research Los Pandos was in trouble in 2010 Shame the sipps companies didnt have the balls to speak up.
    It turns out a well known one is fighting a legal case for due diligence already. Makes you wonder just how honest the financial services sector is and also how well regulated it is to.
    • Daniel54
    • By Daniel54 1st Aug 14, 6:54 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 707 Thanks
    Daniel54
    Makes you wonder just how honest the financial services sector is and also how well regulated it is to.
    Originally posted by trevorphillip
    Sorry for your pain,but was this a regulated investment ?Seems not to have been from what I can tell.
    • glamdring
    • By glamdring 6th Aug 14, 10:01 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    glamdring
    have investors seen the latest report issued from martin & clews? It was sent to me on 5/8/14. The report now states that invesments will be returned mid 2015 and not in Nov 2014 as previously stated. Any body wishing me to send them a copy please email me...jasonison12@yahoo.co.uk
    • planteria
    • By planteria 6th Aug 14, 10:06 AM
    • 5,001 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    planteria
    Sorry for your pain,but was this a regulated investment ?Seems not to have been from what I can tell.
    Originally posted by Daniel54
    seems that way to me too, Daniel. are any of you confident you will actually get your investment back?
  • cidermill
    Re: Emails
    Recently, we have had two emails from M&C stating that we will get our money plus compensation next year.
    We just have to wait and see. They seem to be blaming the authorities in the UK for not releasing the money.
    My question is, that if that is the case, where is the money?
    We dealt with LLP in Bristol, who are SIPP management people; however, we have heard nothing from them about fees.
    The water seems to be getting murkier and murkier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,282Posts Today

8,533Users online

Martin's Twitter