Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • caelshorn
    • By caelshorn 5th Mar 11, 10:08 AM
    • 205Posts
    • 190Thanks
    Hinge for overhead kitchen cupboard
    • #1
    • 5th Mar 11, 10:08 AM
    Hinge for overhead kitchen cupboard 5th Mar 11 at 10:08 AM
    Hi folks!

    Our long narrow overhead cupboards were installed without hinges that hold the door open (where you lift the door and the hinge clicks and the door stays open, but if you lift the door again the hinge releases and the door can be closed).

    The glass doors are quite heavy (well, to me anyway), and I'd like to put in stay-open hinges. I think there must be a special name for them.

    Can anyone tell me what they're called, and/or where I might be able to buy them?

    Thanks very much!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,806Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke?

  • No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr?

  • Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R?

  • Follow Martin