Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ARB78
    0 WOW
    Sky Discount For Existing Customers
    • 22nd Aug 04, 9:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Sky Discount For Existing Customers 22nd Aug 04 at 9:28 PM
    Hello there

If you call Sky wanting to cancel they will give you 3 months at half price. Me + !other 2 people have just done this and it's a good deal as you get the top package for 20 instead of 40 a month, that's a saving of 60 over 3 months. !;D

Insert from Martin This tip is rightly very popular. !A warning though, while asking for a discount is a great method, and i'm sure you genuinely are considering leaving if you don't get it, so it's fine - !Never lie as part of this, that could be deamed fraud. !

Page 1
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 22nd Aug 04, 11:03 PM
    • 20,442 Posts
    • 34,013 Thanks
    Spendless
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:03 PM
    Re: SKY DISCOUNT FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:03 PM
    Just done it. Thanks. Mr spendless very happy cos I wanted to cancel and now he gets to keep his sports channels .
  • rushnowt
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:25 PM
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:25 PM
    thanks, ARB78

just phoned to cancel and got my 3 months half price.

well chuffed ;D
  • Quackers
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:28 PM
    • 22nd Aug 04, 11:28 PM
    We do this every 18-24 months & they always offer us the discount ;D ;D Well worth doing.
  • Hussar
    • 23rd Aug 04, 3:59 PM
    • 23rd Aug 04, 3:59 PM
    If you have registered for the "seaon ticket", will they still offer the discount I wonder?

Excellent for those who have received the offer and thanks for the post.

Hussar :-/

• mr_fishey
    • 23rd Aug 04, 5:57 PM
    • 23rd Aug 04, 5:57 PM
    Its just worked for me,upgraded to the full package for three months at 20 quid a month.50 p extra more than I was paying before
  • Tempo
    • 23rd Aug 04, 7:07 PM
    • 23rd Aug 04, 7:07 PM
    Its just worked for me,upgraded to the full package for three months at 20 quid a month.50 p extra more than I was paying before
    How did you do it? Did you upgrade first then cancel to recieve the 1/2price offer? Or did they just offer it to you? I've got the 19.50 package, and I don't mind having the full package for 50p more, for the 3 mths.
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 23rd Aug 04, 7:17 PM
    • 20,442 Posts
    • 34,013 Thanks
    Spendless
    • 23rd Aug 04, 7:17 PM
    • 23rd Aug 04, 7:17 PM
    Friend of mine just tried. She has family package + Disney for 24.50 a month. Wouldn`t do anything for her.Said they didn`t have any deals on at moment.
  • tanny
    • 23rd Aug 04, 9:15 PM
    • 23rd Aug 04, 9:15 PM
    woohoo, just rang sky and said i was going to cancel due to financial pressures (true!) and the guy offered me 6.00 off per month for 3 months. i have the family package of 19.50 per month, so have saved 18!! thanks everyone. [flash=200,200][/flash]
  • MisterT2
    Yep - has always worked for me.
  • mr_fishey
    I just phoned up and said I wanted to cancel because I was fed up of watching repeats and they suggested I changed my package and did I want to try the full package for 20 quid a month,how could I say no!!
  • frances2
    I just tried this and nearly got cut off Sky as all she said was right what is the account holder's name. After some quick fudging I said I'd ring back in a few minutes.

I obviously don't sound convincing enough
  • ARB78
    Hi Frances2

Yes they take all your details but there's no way they'll cut you off without passing you on to the very cheerful Customer Retention Department (not that they tell you mind you) and you get your deal, just have fun and keep them sweating for a few minutes... before you say "oh go on then, I suppose I could reconsider..."!
  • Tempo
    Well I couldn't get the top package for half price . But I managed to get the 6.00 off for 3 months on the family package, which i subscribe to . Can't complain really, as it's money saved at the end of the day. Thanks for this ARB78

• Spendless
    • By Spendless 24th Aug 04, 1:26 AM
    • 20,442 Posts
    • 34,013 Thanks
    Spendless
    After tanny posted 2 hous after me had got sky deal,phoned friend back. This time stuck to her guns and said wnted to cancel. She got 6 month knocked off for next three months.
    • wolvesinwales
    • By wolvesinwales 24th Aug 04, 2:20 AM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    wolvesinwales
    I phoned to cancel my 19.50 package today and have ended up with Sky sports for 3 months at 16.75. Just in time to see Wolves beat Rochdale 4-2 ;D
  • space_cadet
    I rang Sky on Friday to cancel my 41 package and after I was given the heavy treatment "but what will your children do without MTV and the cartoons" etc I was advised to reduce my subscription. When I continued to press for cancellation I was offered ANY package at half price. I stayed with the top but will reconsider in 3 months time.
    • Funkymum
    • By Funkymum 24th Aug 04, 1:47 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Funkymum
    I normally get the 19.50 family pack, so Ive just phoned them up to cancel my subscription. The lovely man offered me the family pack with all of the movie channels including the disney channels for the next 3 months at 17.50 per month.
    A big thankyou to ARB78.
    The lady I spoke to was called Clare & she put me through to a man called William who offered me the deal. He did I ask what things we like to watch & I said films.

Funkymum
    • Middle Sister
    • By Middle Sister 24th Aug 04, 4:44 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Middle Sister
    No they wouldn't entertain me. They said they didn't do special packages. They said I could reduce my package i.e. delete movies or sport. They said if I cancelled we would lose the premiership plus. Is there any way round this?
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 24th Aug 04, 5:17 PM
    • 20,442 Posts
    • 34,013 Thanks
    Spendless
    Have you tried insisting you want to cancel? They asked my friend about 3/4 times if sure. Only when she said yes it was due to her being currently off sick from work(true actually) did they offer 18 off (over next 3 months). It was also her 2nd time of trying 1st time said hadn`t got any deals on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,202Posts Today

7,360Users online

Martin's Twitter