Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 6th Nov 06, 12:45 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Great Cheap 'Games Console Package' Hunt
    • 6th Nov 06, 12:45 PM
    0 WOW
    Great Cheap 'Games Console Package' Hunt 6th Nov 06 at 12:45 PM
    What's it about?

Games consoles are high on many youngsters’ Christmas lists, yet the price tags on these pieces of kit are enough to bring you out in a cold sweat.

So I'd like to tap MoneySavers' wealth of research power to find the cheapest console packages; whether it’s Xbox 360, PS2 or Nintendo Wii.

What to do

Please click reply and leave your tips in this format:

Console package:
    What’s included - games, other extras:
    Retailer – please include a link to the product if possible

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
  • drunkenmunky
    • 7th Nov 06, 4:31 PM
    The Hunt for the best Xbox 360 Premium Offer
    • 7th Nov 06, 4:31 PM
    I'm still searching for the best Xbox 360 offer.
    Here is what I have found so far...

Argos Xbox 360 Mega Deal £279.99 (ends 7.11.06)
    Includes an Xbox 360 Premium Console
    Xbox 360 Mega Pack
    1 Xbox 360 game from the list (see link below)

I'm sure before you could get the steering wheel with this offer but it's now changed to a game.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5679223.htm

XBox 360 Premium Console + Pro Evolution Soccer 6 £279.99
    (+ 2% Quidco = £274) (+ your £5 voucher if you have one

Available from Play. They have a few bundles, see link below below.
    You can also buy this game with the Argos deal above.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/PROD/2-/2524/2-/Promo.html

Xbox 360 Premium Console £251.99
    (+ 6.5% Quidco = £236)

Available from Boots using the 10% discount code which you can find in the Discount Codes 'n Vouchers Forum. Don't foget to use your Boots Advantage Card to claim your points aswel.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1065134

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 14-11-2006 at 7:26 PM.
  • fmhm
    • 7th Nov 06, 4:35 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 4:35 PM
    Try looking at the Tesco misprices and discussion areas. on Grabbit!

might be worthwhile.....

(fancy a free XBOX?)
    'I love being married.It's so great to find the one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life'

• fuzzyrazer
    • 7th Nov 06, 5:23 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 5:23 PM
    Pre order Wii console comes complete with wireless remote, nunchuk attachment and Wii sports; 5 games on one disc including tennis, baseball, boxing and bowling.
    at Currys (179.99) for 161.99
    (using the free delivery offer on at moment and the 10% discount codes,look on discount voucher threads.) and 3% cashback @ Quidco, making it about 156.00.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist."
  • kellywelly
    • 7th Nov 06, 8:42 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 8:42 PM
    My friends son really wanted Xbox 360 Premium, so he traded in his old PS2 and games at Game Station. After trade in value he walked away with Xbox 360 Premium, 2 games of his choice ( both new releases so expensive games ) and a wireless controller this was a bundle deal they had in store last week. The total cash price he paid was £147.00, he thinks he got a really good deal, just thought this might be an idea for someone else.
    • amanda40
    • By amanda40 7th Nov 06, 8:56 PM
    • 1,202 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    amanda40
    • 7th Nov 06, 8:56 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 8:56 PM
    I got the best deal on DS Lite and NInetendogs from Gamestation - £109.99
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!!

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early
  • williams55
    • 7th Nov 06, 10:32 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 10:32 PM
    Shouldnt this be a sticky untill xmas
    something missing
  • IoweIoweitsofftoworkIgo
    • 7th Nov 06, 11:05 PM
    • 7th Nov 06, 11:05 PM
    I'm still searching for the best Xbox 360 offer.
    Here is what I have found so far...

Argos Xbox 360 Mega Deal 279.99 (ends 7.11.06)
    Includes an Xbox 360 Premium Console
    Xbox 360 Mega Pack
    1 Xbox 360 game from the list (see link below)

I'm sure before you could get the steering wheel with this offer but it's now changed to a game.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5679223.htm

XBox 360 Premium Console + Pro Evolution Soccer 6 279.99
    (+ 2% Quidco = 274) (+ your 5 voucher if you have one

Available from Play. They have a few bundles, see link below below.
    You can also buy this game with the Argos deal above.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/PROD/2-/2524/2-/Promo.html

Xbox 360 Premium Console 251.99
    (+ 6.5% Quidco = 236)

Available from Boots using the 10% discount code which you can find in the Discount Codes 'n Vouchers Forum. Don't foget to use your Boots Advantage Card to claim your points aswel.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1065134
    by drunkenmunky

Please read the following before proceeding:

Cashback does not apply to console sales, such as Playstations, X-boxes, etc However all other hardware including console controllers and leads are still valid for cashback. ( A quote from Play.com Unfortunately)
  • optimisery
    • 8th Nov 06, 3:23 AM
    • 8th Nov 06, 3:23 AM
    Argos:

Nintendo DS Lite + any 19.99 Game + Accessories Pack(usually 19.99) 119.97

Also Argos are doing 2 x 19.99 DS Games for 30.00

Opti
    • rolpaula
    • By rolpaula 8th Nov 06, 4:13 AM
    • 9,958 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    rolpaula
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=299499

Best PSP package ?
    Make Hay While The Sun Shines
    • vaderag
    • By vaderag 8th Nov 06, 9:51 AM
    • 265 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    vaderag
    I'm looking for a decent Wii package. Not bothered whether it comes on launch day or not, but within a week of it. Thinking an online retailer may be best - anyone know where!?
  • jb100
    games consoles
    If you want a cheap console, buy second hand. Most games shops sell second hand and they have the same 12 months guarantee!
    • vido
    • By vido 8th Nov 06, 10:05 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    vido
    Anyone got any tips/info on the best deals for the NintendoDS Lite with or without bundled games

cheers in advance
    Regards

vic
  • pollyskettle
    Anyone got any tips/info on the best deals for the NintendoDS Lite with or without bundled games

cheers in advance
    by vido
    Toys R Us have some good bundle offers on at the moment, but typically are OOS. I'm going to keep checking anyway so will post back when they're back in
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • pollyskettle
    Toys R Us have the white or black DS Lite console (white in link) for £129.99 with Super Mario Bros) but there is a link offer on whereby you can claim a free £29.99 game when purchasing the Mario bundle.

Link HERE

Currys have black and white in stock at the moment (no games bundled with them) for £99.99 - there is a 10% discount code on the vouchers forum

Link HERE
    Last edited by pollyskettle; 08-11-2006 at 10:33 AM.
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
    • vandanfc
    • By vandanfc 8th Nov 06, 10:27 AM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 5,291 Thanks
    vandanfc

cheers in advance
    by vido

If you or anyone you know are flying anywhere soon (even internal Uk flights) have a look at Dixons Tax Free at the airport.

Hubby picked one up for me at Nottingham East Midlands for 85.10. He said that there were bundle offers, but no idea of prices.

All he had to do was show his boading pass.

And yes most definitely he was only flying internally - Glasgow to NEM and back.
  • Tama_J
    DS Lite..
    Best I've seen a DS Lite with Nintendogs for is at Gamestation.

£109.99 for DS Lite (any colour) & any game

This way you pay £99.99 for the console and get the game for a tenner.. Despite the game retailing at thirty. Not bad .

Works out better when you trade old stuff in. You'd be surprised how much some stuff is worth, especially really old items.. i.e. SNES, NES, Megadrive. They take in old games without boxes too, giving a value depending on rarity. Most people throw their old consoles in the bin.. So you might as well get something for em .

Think they do some 360 deals too, but either way all details are on www.gamestation.co.uk

Best going into the stores, though.. They have special offers on up until christmas. I think it's BOGOF at the moment on a load of games, and there's some kind of cheap deal on the 360 with Pro Evo for this week only.

Hope it helps .

J
    • shinkyshonky
    • By shinkyshonky 8th Nov 06, 12:13 PM
    • 2,661 Posts
    • 3,325 Thanks
    shinkyshonky
    XBOX 360 + 4 games 299-toys r us
    Hi all

Got a good deal from toys r us about 3 weeks ago
    Which was a xbox 360 not core
    4 games-final fantasy-king kong-prg-dead or alive
    2 wireless controllers
    1 headset
    1 months free gold membership

You will see most of the time it is out of stock on the website, but this does not apply to each store, you have to call them as he website is not updated regulary
    the day I rung they had 10 in stock on this deal, SA said it usually the xbox 360 core for 255 with 2 games that go quickly
    and yep two of the games may be crap, actually one in our case , as the daughter loves final fantasy but am sure MSE will know how to maximise from the wo games!

Now all I need is to find cheap xbox 360 gold membership!
  • greatbigkev
    Virgin credit card and Comet vouchers
    A little-known piece of money-saving (I've not read about it anyway!) can be had if you have a Virgin credit card. The Virginmoney.com members shop allows you to but Comet vouchers at 13% off the face value. This would put the Wii down to just over 156.

You can only use the vouchers instore - but I'm one of those people that likes to be able to walk in, pay and walk out with my goods (as long as that's the cheapest way of doing things, of course!) and from what I've seen, most of Comet's instore prices are the same as the online ones.

I recently bought 550-worth of vouchers in this way to get the fantastic Sony A100 digital SLR camera (with lens) and ended up paying only 478.50, which is some distance cheaper than I had seen it anywhere else.

Kev
  • Benmollymoo
    Just seen that Game Station are offering a Pink Nintendo DS Lite with a FREE game for £99.99 - if anyone is interested?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,294Posts Today

5,408Users online

Martin's Twitter