Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 1st Jan 11, 11:34 AM
    • 16,606Posts
    • 109,651Thanks
    gallygirl
    Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary
    • 1st Jan 11, 11:34 AM
    Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary 1st Jan 11 at 11:34 AM

Best I could come up with for a title . For those who haven't come across me before, HERE is my old diary. Hopefully I will keep this one to 2016 when I will be totally mortgage free

2011 challenges.

Mortgage #1
    £19,546.15 Currently
    0 Target

Mortgages 2 & 3
    £101,668.64 Currently
    £94,803.11 Projected end of 2011
    £90,000 Target (mortgages - savings)

BTL Mortgage on Late Mum's House
    £27,056 Currently
    £25,489.36 Projected end of 2011
    £23,000 Target

In addition to that I have set myself some other goals. Some easy to measure, others a bit more subjective:
    1 June I will decorate the living room and buy new sofas
    2 August I will reach my target weight (the 'real' one, not the official one. I will get below 11 stone) and stay there
    3 August I will have no mortgage on my house
    4 August I will be fabulous at 50!!!!!
    5 October I will have a garden I am proud of
    6 December I will read 12 books off the BBC list
    7 Ongoing I will continue sell all possible things on ebay
    8 Ongoing I will start entering competitions again (& flog everything I win)
    9 Ongoing I will exercise for 30 mins at least once a week
    10 Ongoing I will meet up with friends at least once a month
    11 Ongoing I will continue loving life & thanking the Universe for all its' gifts

Here goes folks!

gg x
    Last edited by gallygirl; 03-01-2011 at 8:58 AM.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Page 288
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 25th Dec 17, 7:24 AM
    • 16,606 Posts
    • 109,651 Thanks
    gallygirl
    End of year round up a week early as I've been awake for a few hours .

2017 Goals

Financial
    • Keep to our fairly generous household budget. Continue to monitor spending and try to build a small surplus. I've rejigged how I keep track so hopefully it will be easier. CONTINUOUS ACHIEVED, well, the monitoring of it anyway . Need to finish off this month, do a good review and set up for 2018.
    • Don't be afraid to spend some of my own money - I've taken (and spent/reinvested) the 25% lump sum but need to overcome my fear of touching at least some on an annual basis. To stop Mr GG moaning about me buying unnecessary things for the house as much as anything . CONTINUOUS ACHIEVED, not spent anything major but pretty relaxed about it. Have written bucket list so gearing up for some bigger spending in next year or so .
    • Look at how our cash is invested. At present we have a small amount in P2P, a small amount in 5% accounts, 20k getting 3% and the rest is getting 1.2%. Need to think about what to do. BY END OF FEB 17 NOT REALLY ACHIEVED, need to spend more time on it, though have been increasing P2P slowly.
    • Tax - we're Spanish residents and I need to find someone who can properly advise us, especially as we became resident in September, the Spanish tax year ends 31st December and the UK tax year ends 5th April. BY END OF FEB 17 NOT ACHIEVED, just can't find anyone giving coherent advice. Have a contact that I need to chase up (though rather put off by needing to chase him!).
    Health
    • Research going onto the Spanish NHS and register (we have to pay as we're so young ). BY END OF JAN 17 NOT ACHIEVED . Luckily we've been relatively healthy but need to get cracking. I did get some quotes and I still have them so have to prioritise this .
    • Get a grip of my weight (there's plenty to grip ). Stop acting as if we're on holiday - eat out less and drink a lot less. Lose 2.5 stone. 1 stone by Easter 17 SURPRISE SURPRISE, NOT ACHIEVED . However, have lost 1/2 stone since Sept and been doing a LOT more exercise - body shape is changing and I am down a dress size which is what really matters.
    • Inspired by NG, walk 3,000,000 steps . This is less than 10,000 a days so perfectly doable. CONTINUOUS, BUT NEED TO GET AHEAD AS WILL DROP OFF IN SUMMER ACHIEVED , even if I don't walk another step I've averaged over 11,000 steps and 5 miles a day. Just under 4,300,000 steps in total .
    • Get Well Woman/Well Man checks done. AT LEAST BOOK BY END OF JAN 17 NOT ACHIEVED, this is linked to private health care.
    Spanish. We are probably in the top 5% of Spanish speaking ex pats but sadly that's a reflection on the others lack of ability rather than our progress.
    • Continue with Spanish lessons and practice when we can CONTINUOUS ACHIEVED, now doing our one hour private and two one hour group sessions. I still don't feel we're making much progress though .
    • Join the 3rd Age bar (though we're officially too young ) to give us access to more Spanish speakers - that is our biggest problem here really. BY END OF JAN 17 NOT ACHIEVED as were are too young .
    • Investigate intensive courses (I don't think we're ready but no harm in starting to look) BY END OF JAN 17 ACHIEVED but don't think we'd benefit yet.
    Culture
    • Explore more of Spain, a new town or city each month. So far booked: January - Almeria, February - Antequera and Sevilla SEE BELOW
    • To visit as a minimum: Granada and Cartagena and at least a three day trip elsewhere. PARTLY ACHIEVED. We still haven't been to Granada (it's Mr GG's Xmas pressie though so off next month - hopefully) or Cartagena. Almeria still needs exploring - we had to come home as I was ill. However, we have had four days in Sevilla and Madrid (combined with watching Mr GG's footie team playing in Europe ). Also visited Antequera, Ronda, Zaragoza, San Sebastian, Logrono and other large towns.
    • Find out more about the local area. Start by reading the book I bought Mr GG for Christmas last year, which neither of us have read . BY END OF JAN 17 ACHIEVED, have managed to read the book .
    House
    • Decide what to do with lower terrace - then do it!! END OF SUMMER 17 NOT ACHIEVED as I still can't decide what to do. 'Nothing' looks like an option .
    • Lighting for roof terrace and main terrace - I have some strong and not so strong solar lights which we will probably move round - but need to put hooks up for them. BY EASTER 17 SORT OF ACHIEVED - the little ones died a death and I decided to leave the larger ones unfixed.
    • Sort out drains - previous owner is paying but need to get it done. BY END OF MARCH 17 (let's be realistic here!!!) ACHIEVED - but not until July .
    • Utility room. DK what, just do something with it!!!!! It's too big and characterless. There is room for a temporary bed so need to make sure I leave room for that but I would like a big armoire for linen. That will probably end up being an upcycled wardrobe . BY END OF SUMMER 17 NOT ACHIEVED as I've decided I can make do with existing wardrobe in room next door.
    • Get foldaway bed that can be used in house or apartment. BY END OF DEC 16 ACHIEVED
    • Finish painting and recovering stool (abandoned by someone at the bins ) BY END OF FEB 17 DECIDED TO ABANDON - does that count as achieved .
    [/QUOTE]
    Bit of a mixed bag - happy with progress in some areas but not others.

Been a sad end to the year as Mr GG's mum passed away (10 days after we returned to Spain), so quick turnabout and we're back in the UK. Funeral Part One was a few days ago, Part Two - the Return of the Funeral is next weekend in Ireland (you know the saying 'less is more'? Well she believed 'more is more' ). So we're in limbo a bit and have a lot of admin to do after returning from Ireland = she's named a friend as executor but he wants us to do most of the work. Obviously it's a very sad time, but tempered by the fact she was very elderly, fading and ready to go, also she went quickly without pain.

Staying in the UK is not without it's challenges, let's leave it at that .

I'll be back with 2018 goals at some stage, but now to get ready to go round to DS's for stocking opening with DD as well, so that's a nice unexpected treat . Merry Christmas .
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 26th Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 29,312 Posts
    • 167,838 Thanks
    Karmacat
    It's good to keep the review going! And I'm sorry to hear about MrGG's mum, hope he's okay.
    Retired August 2016
    • Watty1
    • By Watty1 26th Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    • 2,992 Posts
    • 21,298 Thanks
    Watty1
    Sorry to read about Mr GGs mum. Hope he is doing ok ... and that the funeral in Ireland is well Irish???
    Mortgage at start of diary Sept 2013: £132,995 Aug 2015 £0
    Overpaid next mortgage. £79,491 down to £27152
    Changing focus for now
    • Betterthanever
    • By Betterthanever 27th Dec 17, 8:12 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    Betterthanever
    That's a pretty good review in my book, GG, plenty of things that have been achieved, even if some are still work in progress. I'd be happy with that.

Sorry to read of the other stuff, though x

Current balance £112,593.71. Offset £2,677.73. £109,951.98 needed to be mortgage neutral!
    End date - 03/29 but aiming for 10/22 - 2018 O/pay £600
    Make £2018 in £2018 = £406.75/£2018
    Former DFW Nerd 230. Determined to be MF. Bring it on!
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 27th Dec 17, 8:46 AM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 55,543 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Hugs to you both xx
    NST June Odyssey #20; NSD 11/15; Ex 9/20 ; craft / (69); remove 54 (433)
    2018 Pay off: £2110; 2
    018 sell

Mortgage £21,033 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 27th Dec 17, 9:23 AM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 14,005 Thanks
    rtandon27
    Sending hugs your way GG - sorry to hear of your loss.
    1 YEAR & 7 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Juggling the pots to keep in the black!
    • Goldiegirl
    • By Goldiegirl 27th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 8,330 Posts
    • 48,886 Thanks
    Goldiegirl
    Sorry to hear about Mr GG's mum. It's always sad, but especially at this time of year, but, as you say, at least its been a release for her.

I enjoyed looking at your review of your plans. When I stopped work, I genuinely thought that I'd have lots of time to cope with everything I wanted to do..... but days flash by, with nothing much done at all. But I'm impressed that got a lot of your plan done
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
    • Fortune Smiles
    • By Fortune Smiles 27th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 2,800 Posts
    • 23,168 Thanks
    Fortune Smiles
    Sorry to hear your sad news GG.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 5% paid Overpayments: 592.38 Emergency Fund: 61%

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J R R Tolkein
    • Secret Saving Squirrel
    • By Secret Saving Squirrel 27th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,982 Posts
    • 36,754 Thanks
    Secret Saving Squirrel
    Commiserations to you and Mr GG. I hope all goes well and you can sail through the challenges of this difficult time. Sounds as if you have achieved lots this year and I look forward to hearing about your progress in2018.
    I have also abandoned painting and reupholstering a bedroom stool - life is just too short. And, like you, we find it hard to take any more than the tax free sums from pension pots. It just hurts to pay tax on it. But if we carry on like this we will never spend it and what is the point then! It just goes against the grain when we can manage without dipping into it, and are so used to being careful.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 27th Dec 17, 10:28 PM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 55,543 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Had any polvorones recently?
    NST June Odyssey #20; NSD 11/15; Ex 9/20 ; craft / (69); remove 54 (433)
    2018 Pay off: £2110; 2
    018 sell

Mortgage £21,033 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 31st Dec 17, 9:43 PM
    • 16,606 Posts
    • 109,651 Thanks
    gallygirl
    Had any polvorones recently?
    Originally posted by apple muncher
    No, but did have some whelky type things courtesy of our local bar . Not in Spain at present so missed the annual polvorones/brandy fiesta opportunity to support local shops .

Happy New Year everyone .
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 1st Jan 18, 9:17 AM
    • 16,606 Posts
    • 109,651 Thanks
    gallygirl
    Was planning to go down greent/KC!!!8217;s route but my old style seems to work for me, so:

2018 Goals

Health & Fitness
    • Re-research going onto the Spanish NHS and get a Well Woman check done
    • Get a grip of my weight
    • Walk 3,650,000 steps. (I actually did 4.3million but as Mr GG now has a car and I!!!8217;m fitting more into my week I can!!!8217;t see it being repeated)
    • Get Well Woman/Well Man checks done.
    • Continue with a new found love of exercise, have been doing 7.5 hours a week but would like to add an extra hour of aerobic exercise.
    • Go mainly vegetarian for a month when we finally get home to Spain. For the last few weeks our diet has been carb and red meat heavy and I feel !!!8216;sludged up!!!8217; . Continue this at intervals through the year.
    • Continue to drink less alcohol .
    Spanish
    • Continue with Spanish lessons and practice when we can

Culture
    • Explore more of Spain. Planned so far:
    Granada
    Valencia
    North West Spain
    • Walking the Caminito del Rey again, hopefully with fellow MSE!!!8217;ers
    • Find some more weird & wonderful fiestas etc. On the list for this year so far is the Fiesta of the Grateful Dead . Also want to see a human tower but maybe not this year. Probably not baby-jumping either .
    • Read more on Spanish history !!!8211; I have a good book to go through as s starting point.

House
    • Nothing major housewise, but continue to look for pictures etc. that I really like.
    • Em!!!8230;.. hang the existing large picture still in its cardboard box
    • Get the curtain I!!!8217;ve bought for the top of the stairs lined, shortened and hung.
    • Continue with KM principles and break Mr GG!!!8217;s spirit so he does as well

Financial. This has always come first when listing goals !!!8211; a reflection of the money saving origins I suppose, but interesting that I now feel relaxed enough about finances to put to the end.
    • Keep to our rejigged very generous household budget .
    • Again - don't be afraid to spend some of my own money
    • Again - look at how our cash is invested
    • Tax get it sorted

Pinched off greent via Karmacat

Make memories.
    I!!!8217;ve written a Bucket List which made me realise how important nature is to me and also seeing new places so this year, in addition to the above:

· Plan a big trip !!!8211; possibly South Africa/Zimbabwe
    · See if I can persuade DD & DS to go away together for a weekend!
    · Visit elderly aunt and not-so-elderly-but-still-getting-on-a-bit aunt & uncle.

!!!8220;Counting Blessings!!!8221;
    I think I can say both Mr GG and I are already doing this. We love our life and do appreciate how fortunate we are, especially health wise. This year we!!!8217;ve lost friends, one very good and Mr GG!!!8217;s mum (though that was the natural order of things it is still sad). Other friends and relations are fighting illness, some terminal. It!!!8217;s made us appreciate life and one another more so here!!!8217;s hoping we continue to do so and don!!!8217;t sweat the small stuff.
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    • newgirly
    • By newgirly 1st Jan 18, 9:31 AM
    • 6,326 Posts
    • 43,772 Thanks
    newgirly
    Hi gg sorry to hear about your loss this year.

I love the round up and plans for next year, I hope you keep us updated on your bucket list and travels, especially if you go to the fiesta for the grateful dead - I was expecting it to be more like the festival of the dead!

All the best for a great 2018
    MFW 21
    Target for 2018 £40k/£13,632 paid so far

Mortgage £36,319 4yrs left. Total owed £48,358 plan to clear in 14 months
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 1st Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 29,312 Posts
    • 167,838 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Your format works for you, GG, so more power to your elbow Additions look good too.

Take a few piccies on your travels, won't you we love piccies!

Have a wonderful year.
    Retired August 2016
    • rtandon27
    • By rtandon27 2nd Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 14,005 Thanks
    rtandon27
    Happy New Year GG!

Wishing you Health, Well-being & Happiness for 2018
    1 YEAR & 7 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Juggling the pots to keep in the black!
    • Secret Saving Squirrel
    • By Secret Saving Squirrel 2nd Jan 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,982 Posts
    • 36,754 Thanks
    Secret Saving Squirrel
    Happy new year!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years
    • greent
    • By greent 3rd Jan 18, 12:01 PM
    • 7,077 Posts
    • 72,123 Thanks
    greent
    happy New Year, gg
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £1068.37/£4000
    Net sales 2018 £522.39/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) £18564.38/£18918.90
    • Goldiegirl
    • By Goldiegirl 3rd Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 8,330 Posts
    • 48,886 Thanks
    Goldiegirl
    'Don't sweat the small stuff'

I like that - I think that has been my problem in 2017, I allowed myself to let small things drag me down. I'm working on this big time for 2018
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 8th Mar 18, 8:28 AM
    • 16,606 Posts
    • 109,651 Thanks
    gallygirl
    Right, unexpected day at home alone so time for an update:
    Health & Fitness
    • Re-research going onto the Spanish NHS and get a Well Woman check done Nothing on Well Woman check but solicitor sorting out Spanish NHS access as we speak. Nothing ever simple here, a trip to the Town Hall for up-to-date bit of paper was necessary.
    • Get a grip of my weight Couple of pounds lost, have lost my focus in last week or two so need to get back on it.
    • Walk 3,650,000 steps. (I actually did 4.3million but as Mr GG now has a car and I!!!8217;m fitting more into my week I can!!!8217;t see it being repeated) Managed over 10,000 ave in Jan but only 8,500 in Feb . Must get back on track
    • Get Well Woman/Well Man checks done. As above.
    • Continue with a new found love of exercise, have been doing 7.5 hours a week but would like to add an extra hour of aerobic exercise.Started well, have dropped a 45 min aquafit in favour of 1hr aerobics, so now standard week is 4hrs Pilates, 3hrs aerobics and 45 mins aquafit. However, felt under the weather for last two weeks so hardly done any .
    • Go mainly vegetarian for a month when we finally get home to Spain. For the last few weeks our diet has been carb and red meat heavy and I feel !!!8216;sludged up!!!8217; . Continue this at intervals through the year. Didn't go veggie, but no red meat (apart from the odd tapas) for over a month. Started to reintroduce it but not enjoying it as much so will be limiting it going forward.
    • Continue to drink less alcohol . Well I've had none for 3 days this week .
    Spanish
    • Continue with Spanish lessons and practice when we can Having a major confidence crisis, just as Mr GG seems to be striding ahead. Still, onwards and upwards

Culture
    • Explore more of Spain. Planned so far:
    Granada Done - beautiful
    Valencia Next week for Las Fallas
    North West Spain Planned, including this
    • Walking the Caminito del Rey again, hopefully with fellow MSE!!!8217;ers Not planned yet - waiting on flight schedule.
    • Find some more weird & wonderful fiestas etc. On the list for this year so far is the Fiesta of the Grateful Dead As above, planned Also by chance we will be at another Fiesta which looks much more 'normal', with horseracing, Asturian bagpipes and what looks like Highland Dancing (I might have omitted to tell Mr GG about the last two )
    • . Also want to see a human tower but maybe not this year. Probably not baby-jumping either .
    • Read more on Spanish history !!!8211; I have a good book to go through as s starting point.Read one or two books and will continue.

House
    • Nothing major housewise, but continue to look for pictures etc. that I really like.Bought one for utility room for €1 from charity shop
    • Em!!!8230;.. hang the existing large picture still in its cardboard box Done, not where planned but looks great
    • Get the curtain I!!!8217;ve bought for the top of the stairs lined, shortened and hung. Done, made a big difference to temperature in hall . Have also taken down the bedroom curtains to get shortened, may hand in today, if not next week. They've only been hanging for two years so quite fast progress really .
    • Continue with KM principles and break Mr GG!!!8217;s spirit so he does as well Doing my best but not exactly bringing Mr GG along with me, though he does like to show visitors his 'drawers drawer' when telling folk how obsessed I am .

Financial. This has always come first when listing goals !!!8211; a reflection of the money saving origins I suppose, but interesting that I now feel relaxed enough about finances to put to the end.
    • Keep to our rejigged very generous household budget .Managed it for two months . Will be helped as we have a long-term tenant for apartment
    • Again - don't be afraid to spend some of my own money Would like to plan big overseas holiday for next winter but a bit too busy to organise at present
    • Again - look at how our cash is invested Fairly comfortable at the moment with it, regular savers maturing and being reinvested.
    • Tax get it sorted Our accountant/solicitor/whatever she needs to be is doing it .

Pinched off greent via Karmacat

Make memories.
    I!!!8217;ve written a Bucket List which made me realise how important nature is to me and also seeing new places so this year, in addition to the above: 57 items on it so far. 19 done, 1 more next week . It includes things like 'visit all 17 autonomous regions of Spain' (will be completed this year), see puffins in the wild, go on a supersonic flight etc.

· Plan a big trip !!!8211; possibly South Africa/Zimbabwe As above, too busy to plan .
    · See if I can persuade DD & DS to go away together for a weekend! No action
    · Visit elderly aunt and not-so-elderly-but-still-getting-on-a-bit aunt & uncle. Not planning on trip before summer, will do then.

!!!8220;Counting Blessings!!!8221;
    I think I can say both Mr GG and I are already doing this. We love our life and do appreciate how fortunate we are, especially health wise. This year we!!!8217;ve lost friends, one very good and Mr GG!!!8217;s mum (though that was the natural order of things it is still sad). Other friends and relations are fighting illness, some terminal. It!!!8217;s made us appreciate life and one another more so here!!!8217;s hoping we continue to do so and don!!!8217;t sweat the small stuff. The odd lapse, but mainly doing this. We are very fortunate to have our health and time to enjoy life, long may it continue . We feel very blessed.
    Originally posted by gallygirl
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 8th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 16,606 Posts
    • 109,651 Thanks
    gallygirl
    To keep me on track for today:
    • Tidy coffee table (I made the mistake of leaving some paperwork on it and it invited lots or random items to join it ) Done
    • Prepare chicken for dinner tonight
    • Rearrange kitchen cupboards to store large water bottles (probably weekend)
    • Prepare beetroot, walnut and feta cheese burgers for tomorrow Oops - not done yet but he haven't starved so that's ok
    • Hang necklaces back up - they hang on cork board attached to the back of a mirror which swings open, had to take them down to fix mirror so will hang back in better order. Done and rehung in colour order
    • Check bank - has money from estate agents re new UK tenant gone in? Done, transferred out
    • Protect deposit (waiting on copy of contract) Still waiting - have deposit but one tenant away s waiting on both signatures before actioning
    • Update records Done
    • Email DS paperwork re deposit so he can deliver As above, still waiting
    • Put away ironing done last night, left out to air (I won't put stuff in wardrobe unless it's 100% dry as rooms are damp enough as it is)
    • Sort out paperwork to take for solicitor
    • Finish ironing.
    • Put 2nd lot of ironing away
    • Put heaviest winter clothes away
    • Fold throws on sofa
    • Wash old cushion innards and store till I find some covers for 3rd bedroom In the wash
    • Beauty update - defuzz all over, bath and wash hair
    • Spanish - 1 hr of general stuff 1/2 done
    • Spanish - 1 hr of what we will be doing in class tonight Done, not that it did me much good
    • Spanish - watch the latest Spanish Dude's videos
    • Return sports bra - wrong size Not done
    • Put away stuff that has taken up residence at top of the stairs
    • Put initials on Pilates balls and pack friend's in sports bag.
    • Hide cables behind TV with cunning arrangement of velcro strips and sticky hooks (this will probably be a weekend job) Not done
    • Find a time to speak to Tilly as we haven't caught up for ages DONE
    • Sunbathe for an hour . Currently drizzling but forecast to be lovely later and I wasn't this pale when I lived in the UK .
    ETA: Rocking it . Now to cross off the last item

ETA: Sunbathing done, followed by shower (bath can wait), hair washed etc. All dressed up with nowhere to go - well, except Spanish lesson . Cuppa made, Mary the Robocleaner put to work and I'm off to phone the Tillster .
    Last edited by gallygirl; 10-03-2018 at 8:01 PM.
    Mortgage Balance = £0
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

760Posts Today

6,147Users online

Martin's Twitter