Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 15th Nov 10, 9:57 AM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Amazon Black Friday sale inc 60% off Wii consoles
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:57 AM
    Amazon Black Friday sale inc 60% off Wii consoles 15th Nov 10 at 9:57 AM
    Hi all,

Amazon is running a 5 day sale from 22 Nov, discounting Nintendo Wiis, Xboxes, cameras and more. We've just had this press release through so wanted to give you an early heads up. We're still trying to find out more info. We don't know exactly how good this will be, but it's worth checking.

Full info and any updates will be in the weekly email or in the Amazon tricks article.

AMAZON.CO.UK BRINGS ‘BLACK FRIDAY’ TO THE UK WITH MILLIONS OF POUNDS OF SAVINGS ON HUNDREDS OF MUST-HAVE CHRISTMAS GIFTS OVER FIVE DAYS OF INCREDIBLE DEALS

From 22nd November, UK customers can experience ‘Black Friday Deals Week’ featuring over 200 limited-time deals on products including Nintendo Wii consoles, Microsoft Xbox consoles, Sony TVs, Canon PowerShot cameras, Le Creuset cookware, Toy Story Talking Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers, Harry Potter DVD box sets and much more...

15th November 2010 –
    Every year, towards the end of November, millions of shoppers on the other side of the Atlantic take advantage of the massive savings offered by retailers around ‘Black Friday’, the discount shopping day that follows Thanksgiving in America. Now, Amazon.co.uk is bringing those incredible deals to the UK with ‘Black Friday Deals Week’, five days of high-discount, limited time, limited quantity offers culminating on ‘Black Friday’ (26th November).

“For many years, shoppers in the US have enjoyed massive savings on great products as a result of the ‘Black Friday’ phenomenon,” said Brian McBride, Managing Director, Amazon.co.uk Ltd. “Amazon is always looking to offer exceptional value for money, especially in the run up to Christmas, and will replicate that activity for the benefit of all customers here in the UK. There will be some fantastic savings on must-have items.”

‘Black Friday’ signals the start of the Christmas shopping period in the US and it is reported that over $10bn was spent by shoppers in America on ‘Black Friday’ alone in 2009.

Offers on Amazon.co.uk will take the form of ‘Lightning Deals’ with a limited quantity of an item being offered at a discount for a short period of time. Once that quantity has been reached or the time limit elapses, the ‘Lightning Deal’ will end. There will be more than 200 great deals available over the five day period including*:

-Over 60% off Nintendo Wii Consoles
    -Over 60% off Flip Mino High Definition Camcorders
    -Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
    -Canon PowerShot cameras at less than half price
    -Over 60% off Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
    -Over 70% off Pearl Necklaces
    -Sony TVs at half price
    -Coronation Street Golden Anniversary Collection DVD at less than half price

*All discounts from RRP or Amazon.co.uk selling price

“The deals will come thick and fast so customers are advised to check back regularly for significant discounts on items across all product categories,” continued Brian McBride.

Customers can keep track of all the deals by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 15-11-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
  • simon_says
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:17 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:17 PM
    so, what interests you the most out of the list so far:

-Over 60% off Nintendo Wii Consoles
    -Over 60% off Flip Mino High Definition Camcorders
    -Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
    -Canon PowerShot cameras at less than half price
    -Over 60% off Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
    -Over 70% off Pearl Necklaces
    -Sony TVs at half price
    -Coronation Street Golden Anniversary Collection DVD at less than half price

Also, anyone know if there will be a 'one per customer/household' for these orders?
    • claire21
    • By claire21 15th Nov 10, 9:29 PM
    • 32,476 Posts
    • 1,020,939 Thanks
    claire21
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:29 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:29 PM
    Coronation Street Golden Anniversary Collection DVD at less than half price

Can't wait!

LMAO

Over 70% off Pearl Necklaces
    Theres a joke there somewhere
    • rennie1811
    • By rennie1811 15th Nov 10, 9:51 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 2,313 Thanks
    rennie1811
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:51 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 9:51 PM
    just wondering as I imagine these will go very fast - if you already have one in your basket will that give you head start???
    • PinkPrincess
    • By PinkPrincess 15th Nov 10, 10:02 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 18,140 Thanks
    PinkPrincess
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:02 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:02 PM
    The 'big' present on my daughter's Christmas list for Santa this year is a Nintendo Wii so that's what I'm hoping to get! Not interested in the rest but I've been searching for a good deal on the Wii for a while now but don't want to leave it too late and end up paying a fortune!
  • simon_says
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:07 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:07 PM
    The 'big' present on my daughter's Christmas list for Santa this year is a Nintendo Wii so that's what I'm hoping to get! Not interested in the rest but I've been searching for a good deal on the Wii for a while now but don't want to leave it too late and end up paying a fortune!
    Originally posted by PinkPrincess
    make sure your there when they release the set. you just never know, maybe the first five and gone! funny thing is, you never know when they will drop the price so i guess its luck luck luck.

good luck.
    • whamfanuk
    • By whamfanuk 15th Nov 10, 10:11 PM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 3,333 Thanks
    whamfanuk
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:11 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:11 PM
    i was gonna go for the pearl necklace but got one for nowt last night LOL
    • moneyballs2
    • By moneyballs2 15th Nov 10, 10:14 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    moneyballs2
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:14 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:14 PM
    Going to be spending my life on Amazon next week then...

Shame about those that have college/uni/work/other commitments that may mean missing out on some juicy deals!
    =)
    • emweaver
    • By emweaver 15th Nov 10, 10:17 PM
    • 8,227 Posts
    • 184,220 Thanks
    emweaver
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:17 PM
    • 15th Nov 10, 10:17 PM
    Will have to be very lucky to get something in this sale unlike on black Friday in America
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, 15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
    • Rowan126
    • By Rowan126 15th Nov 10, 10:19 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Rowan126
    Very interested in the Sony TVs deals. Would love to treat myself to a TV for the bedroom!
    Graduated this year.

2013 Wins: MG Rising Limited Edition
    • iamcornholio
    • By iamcornholio 15th Nov 10, 10:23 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    iamcornholio
    Originally posted by whamfanuk
    Hmmmm, sounds more like a hot deal than a grab-it
    • claire21
    • By claire21 15th Nov 10, 10:43 PM
    • 32,476 Posts
    • 1,020,939 Thanks
    claire21
    Very interested in the Sony TVs deals. Would love to treat myself to a TV for the bedroom!
    Originally posted by Rowan126

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/1237479518823/?campaignId=15017871&s_kwcid=sony%20cashback|71806 97853

sony are running a VAT back promo at them moment - not sure if this will apply here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000458573
    • PinkPrincess
    • By PinkPrincess 15th Nov 10, 11:19 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 18,140 Thanks
    PinkPrincess
    I wondered how long it would be before someone cracked a joke about a pearl necklace...
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 16th Nov 10, 1:54 AM
    • 12,596 Posts
    • 11,773 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Just wondering why MSE Archna chose to ignore my post....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2861842
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Nov 10, 2:56 AM
    • 34,599 Posts
    • 29,317 Thanks
    custardy
    I'll keep an eye on Amazon for these
  • felinexxxx
    Yes, but will you go out wearing it?
    • Totality
    • By Totality 16th Nov 10, 6:09 AM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 5,564 Thanks
    Totality
    A lot of places including Amazon plus Currys, Argos and others have in recent weeks put the Sony TV's up in price so be careful as perhaps not the bargain you think.
  • pinkcandyflossprincess
    I won a wii so looking for an xbox for son, wonder if it will really be 60 % off a realistic price or some made up very high recomended price?
    ***MSE...My.Special.Escape***
    • Aidy
    • By Aidy 16th Nov 10, 8:20 AM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    Aidy
    I won a wii so looking for an xbox for son, wonder if it will really be 60 % off a realistic price or some made up very high recomended price?
    Originally posted by pinkcandyflossprincess
    Well the 4gb X-Box has a 149.99 RRP at present; can't see how this could change next Monday? Could be worth taking a screen shot now, but you may be fighting a losing battle if this does mysteriously change over the weekend!!
    • twistedmoosie
    • By twistedmoosie 16th Nov 10, 8:54 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    twistedmoosie
    I'm excited by the games console deals. Always wanted to own a Wii and this could be my chance...the TV deal sounds good also...and the Le Creuset cookware! Even if it's 'only 10 available' or whatever this still means some very lucky people out there and I'm sure some of us will be them. Game on!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

2,225Users online

Martin's Twitter