Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1102
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 3rd Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    • 4,182 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    Will the 'Gold' buyers get anything back from 'Mayfair & Grant'?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
    • AnotherCCEVictim
    • By AnotherCCEVictim 19th Dec 17, 2:33 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    AnotherCCEVictim
    Altho I haven't posted for some time, I do monitor occasionally, sending thanks again to those who continue to provide information, it's appreciated.

A minor update on my claim, or rather lack of. It seems my claim/details, may have dropped off the table as LCCC Confiscation Unit have no record of me/my £4001.51 loss. Their advice was to contact DC Richard Teague, which I've done, but as I've never held my breath from the day CCE's fraud became apparent it remains business as usual.
    • grimer
    • By grimer 19th Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    grimer
    Has anybody received any compensation yet from the LCCC
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 19th Dec 17, 10:09 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Has anybody received any compensation yet from the LCCC
    Originally posted by grimer
    No one has received anything from the LCCC yet and it may be few weeks before they do. Apparently the two criminals requested an extension for payment and granted an extra 3 months.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 19th Dec 17, 10:49 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    A number of people who were not on the LCCC list did make inquiries with the Devon & Cornwall Police and this reply is typical:

'I have checked a copy of the creditors list that was provided to us by the Administrators and you are on that list.

We used the list we were provided in order to contact creditors by email or letter where necessary on 11/03/11 requesting they download our MG11 pro-forma statement in order to make a formal complaint of loss to us and a request for compensation should any person be prosecuted.

I have checked our records and they show that we did not receive an MG11 from you.

The MG11 forms we required were used to support the successful prosecution of Peter Benstead and others in 2015 and were then used for the confiscation investigation and hearing on 03/03/17. We provided a list to the court of those who provided us with statements which is why they have told you that you are not on the list.

Unfortunately without an MG11 we nor the Crown court could consider you for a compensation payment.

You may still receive something as a creditor from the Administrators Duff and Phelps when their investigation ceases.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news'

Some people who say that they did complete the witness statement are making a complaint to the PCC. I will update on here if I find out the result.
    Last edited by Grey Rook; 19-12-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    • AnotherCCEVictim
    • By AnotherCCEVictim 19th Dec 17, 11:32 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    AnotherCCEVictim
    Thanks Grey Rook, I would really appreciate the info regarding who I should contact at the PCC. As my loss was £4001 I will take the matter further. The reply you quote is a similar reply I received today in response to my questions to DC Teague. Whilst I completed necessary paperwork it appears there is no MG11 to be found from me. I wasn't amused and made that perfectly clear in my reply today... screwed again, only this time by the supposed good guys. My £4001 loss, based on what others state, would have given me a circa £240 payout. Rather in my pocket where it belongs.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 20th Dec 17, 12:03 AM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    This gives the info you want but I'm not sure successful it is likely to be.

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints
    • AnotherCCEVictim
    • By AnotherCCEVictim 20th Dec 17, 12:39 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    AnotherCCEVictim
    This gives the info you want but I'm not sure successful it is likely to be.

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints
    Originally posted by Grey Rook
    Thanks Grey Rook, much obliged. I've made a complaint but doubt I'll be successful. It's very strange as I completed necessary paperwork, I'm guessing I'm one of many who's info has dropped off the table.

All the best to you Grey Rook, seasons greetings and may 2018 be good to you and yours, cheers
    Last edited by AnotherCCEVictim; 20-12-2017 at 3:15 AM.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 20th Dec 17, 7:17 AM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    I hope your complaint is successful, there are quite a number of people in the same boat as you.

Happy Christmas.
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 24th Dec 17, 8:12 AM
    • 4,182 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    Whilst I completed necessary paperwork it appears there is no MG11 to be found from me.
    Originally posted by AnotherCCEVictim
    Sorry, but MG11 is necessary paperwork.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
    • AnotherCCEVictim
    • By AnotherCCEVictim 28th Dec 17, 3:12 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    AnotherCCEVictim
    Sorry, but MG11 is necessary paperwork.
    Originally posted by Glen Clark
    I'm well aware of MG11 being necessary, but if mine is one of those (many?) that has fallen off the table, it appears we're well screwed, again! Apparently completion/return of MG11 gave no guarantees it would be received/recorded thereby excluding some creditors from the LCCC list.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 5th Feb 18, 10:41 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Here is a link to the latest Duff & Phelps report.

https://micro.duffandphelps.com/ukrestructuring/cases?caseId=423
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 4th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    The LCCC have made bank payments today but not the amount they stated to individual creditors in their emails. Apparently this is an interim payment as Widow Twanky (Benstead) hasn't paid the full amount she was ordered to pay by the court. I'll post any further info as I get it.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 5th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Received this email from the LCCC today.

Thank you for your email.

We have only received half the payments from the case of Susan Benstead therefore you have only received a small portion from her case. As Mr James’s order has been paid the monies owed to you have been paid across.

As/when funds have been received in relation to Mrs Benstead’s case and we are in a position to transfer payments this will be sent to your account. At this stage we cannot give a time frame as to when we can expect any further payments in this case. The CPS are the lead enforcement agency and are working to realise assets to get the full Benstead order paid. Due to assets being overseas the CPS have informed us that this is more complex then realising assets in the UK and can take many months to years.
    You will receive further funds as and when they are paid to us unless the Crown Court vary the confiscation order due to the assets no longer being available or realise for less than the expected value. If CPS appoint a receiver to realise assets this may also impact the total paid.
    We would therefore advise that you contact us at a later date for any further updates as due to the large volume of cases dealt with by this office and sheer number of victims involved in this case alone we cannot provide regular updates. You may wish to visit the Devon and Cornwall Police website at http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/Octagon/
    for any further updates

Please also be advised that we have been informed Edward JAMES had a further compensation order (separate from confiscation proceedings) which was enforced by the Police and payments distributed by the London Compliance Centre (which is separate from this office). A payment should have hit your account today with the reference CAO. No further payments are due from Mr James.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,939Posts Today

6,512Users online

Martin's Twitter