Wash your uniform at home ?

Options

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    Options
    I work for the UKBA as a customs officer, however theres no mention of that profession on their list. All items are branded UKBA with a Home Office tab on the outside.

Should I just miss the value out and let the work it out, or contact them first?
  • Laura1206
    Options
    I have just received a cheque for £146.55 for the tax year 2010-2011, should I receive one for 2009-2010? They ammeded my tax code for 2011-2012...
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends what it says on the P800s? If you got more than one then the total refund, for all years, is on the last one (against note 16). £146 is considerably more than the refund for 'uniform' allowance for a single year.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • rusty1304
    Options
    How do you know how much to claim on the letter?

Probably been answered a lot before, but I couldn't find it
  • Mikeyorks
    Options
    You don't have to ...... if it's not clear from the link at post #1. Just put your NI number and Employer Ref on the letter - so they know who you work for. And specify what / when you're claiming for

There will normally be other employees also with a flat rate allowance. If not they may ask more questions.
  • Alona
    Options
    I work for airline as cabin crew from 2007 can I claim uniform tax allowance and how much?
  • Mikeyorks
    Options
    I could help if you were a pilot ...... but not so much for cabin crew, as it's not specified. There should be a flat rate allowance .... just write HMRC and ask for it without specifying the amount. Just give NI number / Employer Ref (from P60) and specify dates / job spec.
  • kellyloul
    Options
    I sent a letter on behalf of my hubby and received a coding notice today.

The earlier years adjustment is £232 so 20% for the previous 3 yrs = £36 and for 2007 22% = £9.90 Total £46.23

Does this mean we should expect a cheque separately?
    Working to be debt free by September 2014
    :D Worked in Travel for 10 years so happy to help with any query! :D
  • Mikeyorks
    Options
    Not if the earlier year adjustment is on the P2 (Coding Notice) .... and they've pushed the 11/12 Code up to something like 775. It means just over 90% of the whole refund will be via pay at the end of Feb ..... remainder end March
  • pozzie_2
    Options
    As explained in an earlier post...OH received a cheque for £45 for uniform expenses. He claimed back to 2006.
    Today we received P2 for the next tax year (2012/13). Its gone from 747L(2011/12) to 816L.
    It states that this is inclusive of £60 flat rate job expenses(uniform allowance).
    Do you think he should receive anything more from them for the previous tax years he claimed for? or is the £45 we did receive about right?
    Thankyou for your help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure