Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 20th Sep 10, 9:34 PM
    • 27,501 Posts
    • 13,486 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 20th Sep 10, 9:34 PM
    • 20th Sep 10, 9:34 PM
    If you ask such a question, the 'safety card' will be played and nobody dare advise you other than to conform to the manufacturer's recommendations.

I have a Worcester Combi boiler(Model 9.24 Electronic BF) in a little used annex which is approx 15 years old. I also have the Servicing instructions. These state:

To ensure the continued efficient operation of the appliance, it must be checked and serviced at regular intervals. The frequency of servicing will depend upon the particular installation conditions and usage but, in general, once per year should be adequate.
    The servicing consists of cleaning and visual checks, with not a single adjustment, and I have watched Corgi(now gas safe) fitters service it in 20 minutes many times.

The going rate for a service seems to be about 60.
    • Canucklehead
    • By Canucklehead 20th Sep 10, 10:18 PM
    • 6,262 Posts
    • 3,371 Thanks
    Canucklehead
    • 20th Sep 10, 10:18 PM
    • 20th Sep 10, 10:18 PM
    We have a great Worcester Combi Boiler, never had a single problem in the last 5yrs.
    how often should i get it serviced?
    how much should it cost (money tight) - does it really need to be done?

it is working perfect how do i make sure i don't get ripped off and suddenly they say there is a problem????
    Originally posted by ocalllo
    Good evening: use a RGI recommended to you by a source you trust. Contact Worcester Bosch for advice on servicing. Price varies...dependent on your location in the UK, type of boiler, and servicing requirements.

Tbh... it is a shame that too many folks live in a world where one assumes that he/she will be stitched up by a service provider or a customer.

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • ocalllo
    • 20th Sep 10, 10:41 PM
    • 20th Sep 10, 10:41 PM
    Tbh... it is a shame that too many folks live in a world where one assumes that he/she will be stitched up by a service provider or a customer.

Canucklehead
    Originally posted by Canucklehead
    yes i agree but you do have to be careful, especially when it is a service you know nothing about and have to relie on what they are saying. i know everyone it not out to rip you off, but a small minority are sadly
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,501Posts Today

7,063Users online

Martin's Twitter