Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    PrimaDonna
    Great 'cheap smell-a-like perfumes' Hunt
    • 26th Aug 10, 7:42 PM
    Great 'cheap smell-a-like perfumes' Hunt 26th Aug 10 at 7:42 PM
    Update Dec 2014:

We've updated our Cheap Perfumes guide, which links through to this Great Hunt. Take a look and let us know what you think

-------

Great 'cheap smell-a-like perfumes hunt' Hunt

Check out the list below of dirt-cheap dead ringers for posh perfumes sniffed out by MoneySavers, and add your own by hitting reply.

Back to the original post ...

I am doing my sister a hamper for Xmas and was going to add a small bottle of her fav perfume, D&G Light Blue. I stopped off in M&S for the sale and sniffed out the perfume. I was shocked to come across Azure Breeze which smells exactly the same as Light Blue and is £12 for 100ml! I also brought myself Next Diamonds which smells like Miss Dior Cherie.

So far, I have sniffed out the following:

Next Just Pink - Ralph Lauren Romance
    Next Diamonds - Miss Dior Cherie
    Next Define - Armani She
    M&S True Red - Hugo Boss Deep Red
    M&S Azure Breeze - D&G Light Blue
    M&S Isis - L'eau de Issey
    Zara Collection - Chanel Chance

Anyone have any others they can add? x

View past Great Hunts.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 04-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Page 14
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 4th Dec 14, 11:32 AM
    • 9,042 Posts
    • 21,837 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone, we've updated our Cheap Perfumes guide, which links through to this Great Hunt. Take a look and let us know what you think
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • MiAuZiNhA
    Suitable for Vegans and Cruelty Free?
    Hi guys,

I've found this website Perfume Parlour through this forum and I'm looking after a smell alike D&G Red that will be suitable for vegans and cruelty free.

I know all M&S perfumes are cruelty free and SFV but unfortunately they don't do any that is a smell alike D&G Red for females.

I got very excited to see that Perfume Parlour sells D&G Red for females alike and the reviews on it fill me in hope but now I just need to confirm if their perfumes are suitable for vegans before I will place any order.

Does anyone have a clue? I have sent them an email inquiring but haven't got a reply back yet so came here to ask as I'm dieing of anxiety hehe.

Thank you

Liana
  • LoveTomFord
    does anyone know any good smell alikes for Tom Ford white or black please help.
  • bonnie1974
    I love tom ford fragrances too so if anybody knows of any smell alikes Please share. X
    Also I am trying to find a perfume which I had about 20 years ago by armani but I can't remember what it was called. It smelt really fresh like cucumber. Have tried googling but no luck. Xx
  • sicilean_lemon
    does anyone know any good smell alikes for Tom Ford white or black please help.
    Originally posted by LoveTomFord
    Milton lloyd Night Flower = Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    Check out the reviews and notes for Milton Lloyd night flower on fragrantica.com
  • luciii
    Hi girlies,
    Aldi do a perfume called suddenly. It smells the spit of COCO CHANEL its £4!!! They also have it on offer for £2 i have had so many complinents of it and asked if it's chanel!

Xx
    • Raksha
    • By Raksha 22nd Mar 15, 10:45 AM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 6,094 Thanks
    Raksha
    Hi girlies,
    Aldi do a perfume called suddenly. It smells the spit of COCO CHANEL its £4!!! They also have it on offer for £2 i have had so many complinents of it and asked if it's chanel!

Xx
    Originally posted by luciii
    I thought Suddenly was Lidl not Aldi
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
    • Vicky123
    • By Vicky123 22nd Mar 15, 11:07 AM
    • 2,933 Posts
    • 9,006 Thanks
    Vicky123
    Hi girlies,

Xx
    Originally posted by luciii
    I think it's so horrible it's put me right off any cheapies, funny how we all smell things differently. What I would say is it has great staying power, couldn't get rid of it all day, Chanel on the other hand has vanished within a couple of hours.
    • misswansea
    • By misswansea 30th Mar 15, 12:15 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    misswansea
    Also I am trying to find a perfume which I had about 20 years ago by armani but I can't remember what it was called. It smelt really fresh like cucumber. Have tried googling but no luck. Xx
    Originally posted by bonnie1974
    Could be Acqua Di Gio, lovely and fresh, still available, never found a smell alike for it though
  • LoveTomFord
    Milton lloyd Night Flower = Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    Check out the reviews and notes for Milton Lloyd night flower on fragrantica.com
    Originally posted by sicilean_lemon

Thanks for replying but i am man lol so womans perfumes is not any good for me :P
    cartier perfumes are good also so if anyone knows good copies then let me know please
  • Frecklepie
    Anyone know of a cheaper copy of Quelque Fleures by Houbigant? Have wanted to try this for a while but too expensive. Thanks
    Originally posted by mossstitchmama
    Chelsea Flowers by Milton Lloyd.

Jane
  • hairymushrooms
    Has anyone found a gucci by gucci copy?
    • LittleBeastie89
    • By LittleBeastie89 8th Aug 15, 9:35 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 5,084 Thanks
    LittleBeastie89
    Has anyone come across anything that smells similar to Kenzo Pour Homme? It's very difficult to buy in the UK...
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 25th Aug 15, 6:22 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 3,348 Thanks
    LouLou
    Alerted to this site through Latest Free Stuff on Facebook earlier today. They seem to do EDPs (for men) and Parfum (for women) concentrations - sent off for the scented pages samples earlier.

Anyone had any experience of them, and do they do dupes? https://www.sangado.com/

"Our perfumes have 12 hour-longevity" https://www.sangado.com/content/4-about-us

I try to buy pure parfum whenever I have the option!

The only (short) Forum mention I can see so far is from Fragrantica http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=130847
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-08-2015 at 6:39 PM.
  • Lolsiexxx
    La vie est belle- HELP!!
    I have desperately fallen in love with the la vie est belle perfume by Lancôme, I know there are multiple scents by Lancôme called la vie est belle but I only like one of them. I haven't quite worked out which one it is out of the three of them but I know it definitely isn't the tall one, so it's one of the shorter ones, are there any smell alikes for this perfume? As I know people who have a very similar scent but it definitely isn't the Lancôme brand. Is there a cheaper smell alike than the actual la vie est belle? Thank you
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 6th Sep 15, 3:44 AM
    • 12,411 Posts
    • 11,641 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Alerted to this site through Latest Free Stuff on Facebook earlier today. They seem to do EDPs (for men) and Parfum (for women) concentrations - sent off for the scented pages samples earlier.

Anyone had any experience of them, and do they do dupes? https://www.sangado.com/

"Our perfumes have 12 hour-longevity" https://www.sangado.com/content/4-about-us

I try to buy pure parfum whenever I have the option!

The only (short) Forum mention I can see so far is from Fragrantica http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=130847
    Originally posted by LouLou

There's also base notes mentioned a few times in the thread here and there
    http://www.basenotes.net/ (at least I know I've mentioned it a few times!) Not bought anything from any of the sites but they do help me understand the notes in certain perfumes and if they are with sampling if I am a store selling them.
    • kobracai
    • By kobracai 14th Dec 16, 10:01 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    kobracai
    Is there a nice smell-a-like for men? they all seem to be about women here
    • blinko
    • By blinko 28th Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 2,245 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    blinko
    i would like to know if there is a Creed aventus smell a like. that's one amazing aftershave for men
    • flowerofscotland
    • By flowerofscotland 16th Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 2,429 Posts
    • 15,741 Thanks
    flowerofscotland
    I noticed Lidl have extended their range of EDP for women and EDT for men. Anyone know what any of the scents are similar to?
    • kunal321
    • By kunal321 28th Dec 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kunal321
    Cheap Perfumes
    Hello Everyone!!
    It doesn't matter whether you are a man or women , all want the fragrance coming out from the body. And it's natural human behavior .
    I used so many air perfumes but mostly all of them were very costly and even some perfumes have very irritating smells which caused headache. I wanted perfumes which are cheap but have good natural fragrance also.
    So, for this I asked my friend and he suggested me the Nyassa's Air Perfume. Should I use this?
    I am a bit confused. Please help me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kunal321; 28-12-2017 at 2:26 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,838Users online

Martin's Twitter