Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 23
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 22nd Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 22nd Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 9,947 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.Please start your own thread - this one explicitly says it isn't for asking questions.
    Originally posted by Computersaysno

He did -nearly a couple of hours before you posted the above.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 25th Sep 17, 12:03 PM
    • 9,052 Posts
    • 21,860 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone!

We know not everyone reads instructions fully and it can be frustrating but if you're going to remind the person to start their own thread please be friendly when you do.

This discussion is the main discussion thread to ask questions about our Consumer Rights guide so doing that will help a lot.

Thank you!

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 25th Sep 17, 4:59 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    He did -nearly a couple of hours before you posted the above.
    Originally posted by LilElvis

My bad....
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 25th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 3,398 Posts
    • 4,972 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    Hi everyone!

We know not everyone reads instructions fully and it can be frustrating but if you're going to remind the person to start their own thread please be friendly when you do.

This discussion is the main discussion thread to ask questions about our Consumer Rights guide so doing that will help a lot.

Thank you!

Andrea
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    Can't you just lock this thread?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 25th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 20,443 Posts
    • 11,333 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Can't you just lock this thread?
    Originally posted by powerful_Rogue
    Indeed.

It ceased to be a discussion thread for the MSE article a long time ago, but is obviously not going to be closed or deleted.

I recommend regular respondents simply ignore any questions posted. The thread will soon die a natural death as a result.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 25th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 8,976 Thanks
    pogofish
    My bad....
    Originally posted by Computersaysno
    On the contrary - Any poster doing that raises issues of forum spamming, which is also unarguably against the T&Cs
    • fionagil
    • By fionagil 6th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fionagil
    Can I expect a refund
    I need to ask a question and am really struggling to find a way to do that on this site.
    This is the first board that has given me permission to type...

Please help to navigate me to the correct page ..

Many thanks
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 6th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 9,947 Thanks
    LilElvis
    At the top of the Board page there is a button - "New Thread".
    • custardy
    • By custardy 27th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 33,550 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    custardy
    I bought a table from Buying Furniture on the 16th March 2018, they sent via UPS for delivery on a day I chose. We were in but the delivery didn't happen. The seller wasn't very polite/helpful with the delivery issue making out it was our fault for not being in - we were and weren't carded by UPS so don't know what went wrong. When the item finally arrived my wife noticed the packaging was damaged and the table was scratched so refused delivery. Unfortunately, and not aware at the time, the sellers terms stated that we should have accepted delivery making note of damage with driver's paperwork. At the time though and given the problems with delivery and then having to be in for a collection the delivery was refused.

I emailed seller which went unanswered so due to the fact I paid via paypal I filed an issue. However due to the seller not providing a tracking reference I couldn't provide this to paypal (I did attach email from seller stating they could see delivery refused) so paypal closed claim (rejected).

Seller still refuse to refund even though they can see item returned. They haven't received item yet (it's been 6 weeks). They do communicate but are refusing to refund until the item is returned for them to check.

Item was only 115, unfortunately no photos of the damage were taken as details were written on the driver's delivery paperwork. I regret using paypal now as using credit card would have given better protection. (Paid using Visa Debit attached to paypal). Considering small claims court but would like to know where I stand with consumer rights in case I can persuade the seller to refund out of court.

Thanks for any advice!
    Originally posted by UKCodeMonkey
    If you look at all the previous posts and the title of the thread.

Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)
    • DillyDaydream
    • By DillyDaydream 8th May 18, 11:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DillyDaydream
    Poor quality Personalised Goods
    I really need some advice. I purchased some rugby tour kit for a girls rugby tour last year. We were happy with the subliminated printed t-shirts but the other clothing items were embroidered. The embroidery is very poor quality, with lots of stitches and snags over the design. The girls fundraised and we got locally charities to sponser the kit but could not wear them due to the poor quality. We tried to get them to redo or refund but the company is refusing. The items were not covered under Section 75 as each item was less then 100 even though the whole bill for the faulty goods was over 800.
    I tried the credit card company and chargeback. I have done all the steps and now upto court action.
    How come there appears to be a loophole in Section 75 that doesnt cover this? Advice and help - gladly received.

Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th May 18, 2:47 PM
    • 7,701 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    KeithP
    I really need some advice.
    Originally posted by DillyDaydream
    The best advice I can offer is to re-read the title of this thread:
    Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)
    Having done that, please start a new thread. Thanks.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 8th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 33,550 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    custardy
    I wish they would just close this thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

148Posts Today

1,462Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin