Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • lisawood78
    • By lisawood78 5th Aug 10, 11:32 AM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    lisawood78
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:32 AM
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:32 AM
    Simple solution, or biological washing powder.

Simple is sold in PAH, some supermarkets and online (inc Ebay) We use it to de-pee our patio and it works wonders.
    2 angels in heaven
    • ladymarmalade222
    • By ladymarmalade222 5th Aug 10, 11:46 AM
    • 611 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    ladymarmalade222
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:46 AM
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:46 AM
    can I ask?

Is it the simple solution in the trigger spray and if so how do you use it on the patio to remove the odours? Do you dilute it at all?

This has really excited me (sad I know!) as I have been trying to get rid of the urine smell on our patio for ages!

Many Thanks for your help

Lady M xx
  • amy104
    • 5th Aug 10, 2:54 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 2:54 PM
    Could you use white vinegar? Its a great natural disinfectant and as long as you can air well to let the chip shop smell dissappear it should completely neturalise the urine. I use it on all my bunnies hutches and litter trays.
    • lisawood78
    • By lisawood78 5th Aug 10, 4:52 PM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    lisawood78
    • 5th Aug 10, 4:52 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 4:52 PM
    Its the Simple solution in the big bottles. I guess it's the same as in the trigger spray but in larger quantities.
    We buy it per gallon on Ebay.
    We then dilute it (I think the measurements are on the bottle but we just chuck some in) in a watering can with hot water (It doesn't need to be hot but my theory is it kills germs) and 'water' the smelly areas.

We let it dry there and have had no ill effects but of course always read the bottle! It really removes the pee smell, and we have a lot of pee smell to remove, with 2 female Great Danes!
    2 angels in heaven
    • lisawood78
    • By lisawood78 5th Aug 10, 4:53 PM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    lisawood78
    • 5th Aug 10, 4:53 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 4:53 PM
    I couldn't use white vinegar, but then i'm highly allergic to it, darn it.
    2 angels in heaven
    • Beckyy
    • By Beckyy 5th Aug 10, 6:22 PM
    • 2,763 Posts
    • 4,181 Thanks
    Beckyy
    • 5th Aug 10, 6:22 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 6:22 PM
    1001 pet stain and odour remover, it's a bright yellow trigger bottle. It also smells fantastic! Avaiable from wilkinsons, for a couple of pound. Or B&Q (at about double the price of wilko)

Or biological washing powder diluted a little.
    • lisawood78
    • By lisawood78 5th Aug 10, 6:29 PM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 6,043 Thanks
    lisawood78
    • 5th Aug 10, 6:29 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 6:29 PM
    Ahh another Dane owner, trust us to know about odour removal :-)
    2 angels in heaven
  • JemJampot
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:10 PM
    • 5th Aug 10, 11:10 PM
    Ooo loads of answers, awesome! I'll have a look on ebay for Simple solution, with the biological washing powder, do you mean literally jsut washing powder like diluted??
    • ladylouise62
    • By ladylouise62 14th Aug 10, 5:49 PM
    • 726 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    ladylouise62
    Definitely vinegar - used to very good result on Male cat spray and urine.... smell completely gone withiut even cleaning up the patch after I put vinegar on... and is "as cheap as chips"
    • ali-t
    • By ali-t 15th Aug 10, 6:14 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 6,327 Thanks
    ali-t
    I would use biological washing powder but I also use Mistral odourkill which comes in loads of lovely smells like bubblegum, mint and baby powder. It can be used inside or out and can be bought cheaply on ebay.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • cleaver.young
    I've just used a product by BioSmart Solutions Limited. Its a brand new company and has completely got rid of my puppy's wee smells. They can give you a quote at sales@biosmartsolutions.co.uk, very reasonable and has solved my issue!
    • Mayflower10cat
    • By Mayflower10cat 4th Mar 11, 6:49 PM
    • 1,117 Posts
    • 2,057 Thanks
    Mayflower10cat
    Another vote for Simple Solution, wouldn't be without it! I swap the squirty cap for a trigger spray as I think it's much easier to use that way. I've also just bought a similar product as our pet shop was OOS of S.S. It's called 'Clean 'n Safe Stain and Odour remover' made by Johnson's Veterinary. This one came in a trigger spray bottle already. Roughly the same price around 4 for 500ml. Both products are very good at cleaning up other nasties like vomit or any other shall we say 'organic soiling' !!!
  • kazschow
    Another biological washing powder fan here
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 4th Mar 11, 7:02 PM
    • 26,760 Posts
    • 110,565 Thanks
    candygirl
    Bicarb n washing powder, mixed with water in a spray bottle works wonders
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • imaginarynumber
    • By imaginarynumber 22nd Mar 11, 10:24 AM
    • 216 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    imaginarynumber
    No enzymes and it is American but you can buy it over here

Naturvet do a number of cleaners under the Odokleen name- they are Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride based and designed to kill the bacteria/smells rather than masking them. They are lawn/plant/pet/clothing friendly.

There are concentrates so you do need to dilute them first.

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/naturvet-dog-and-cats/cleaners-and-deoderisers.html

There are both cleaners and cleaners/deodorisers.

I use this one in my home

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/naturvet-dog-and-cats/cleaners-and-deoderisers/odokill-cleaner-480ml.html

and this one which connects to the hose pipe for my decking/garden (even lawns)

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/naturvet-dog-and-cats/cleaners-and-deoderisers/yard-odour-killer-concentrate.html

The yard odourkiller has a tab on it that you have to bend back to turn the flow switch, took me a while to work that out when I first used it...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,921Posts Today

6,720Users online

Martin's Twitter