Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • TNG
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:40 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:40 AM
    House Nachos!

Tortilla chips
    splat a bit of Hamburger Relish on 'em
    grate some cheddar cheese
    dice and chuck half a red pepper on
    chuck on a few jalapenos
    grate some red leicester on

1 minute in the MW

yum yum!!
    There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood
    • cliffsgirl
    • By cliffsgirl 8th Sep 06, 11:41 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    cliffsgirl
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:41 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:41 AM
    takeaway
  • chatta
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:44 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:44 AM
    Beans on toast, toasted cheese and tomato sandwich, any soup with ham sandwich. Worst case is a bowl of cereal
    • **purpleprincess**
    • By **purpleprincess** 8th Sep 06, 11:47 AM
    • 3,516 Posts
    • 3,845 Thanks
    **purpleprincess**
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:47 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:47 AM
    Jacket potato, cheese and beans!! Or cheese on toast or a bowl of cereal! But I do try and make sure that I have dinners in the freezer for when I can't be @rsed!!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082!
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 16,956 Debt now: 0.00
    Aims: clear debt, get married, buy a house ALL DONE!!
  • needmoney
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:49 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:49 AM
    Takeaway
    fish n chips
    cheese n onion toastie
    bought cooked chicken tortilla wraps stuffed with chicken yogurt tomato cucumber hot chillie peppers
    beans on toast topped with grated cheese
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Happy shopper
    • By Happy shopper 8th Sep 06, 11:51 AM
    • 6,435 Posts
    • 15,150 Thanks
    Happy shopper
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:51 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:51 AM
    Put pasta on to cook. Fry some crushed / chopped garlic in some olive oil over a medium heat for a couple of mins, dump in a tin of tomatoes and some tomato puree, add herbs spices of choice (oregano, basil, dried chillis, pepper), cook sauce down whilst pasta's cooking. Drain pasta, add pasta to sauce, mix in, put on plate, top with cheese. This meal has several virtues (besides the obvious quick-and-easy critera): it can be cheap, it's easily-adaptable (add meat / veg as you wish) and it's reasonably healthy (more so if you use brown pasta - not as bad as it sounds,especially with tomato sauces!).

PS As a reward for your virtuous culinary efforts in the face of lethargy, stuff yourself with chocolate afterwards.
    Last edited by Happy shopper; 08-09-2006 at 11:53 AM.
  • KizzyK
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:52 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:52 AM
    Cheesey Garlic pasta (Pasta, far, far to much cheese and garlic puree mixed together). Yummy!
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

• Biddyrolo
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:55 AM
    • 8th Sep 06, 11:55 AM
    Anything eggy really.
  • scuzz
    pasta with tinned tomatoe and bacon
    • Agutka
    • By Agutka 8th Sep 06, 12:00 PM
    • 2,366 Posts
    • 1,965 Thanks
    Agutka
    Takeout if there's two of us or noodles from packet if it's just me.

Then there is the slightly better can't be bothered but MUST get veggies into diet - frozen peas, carrots from tin, plus fresh sugar snap peas or mange tout. With any grilled meat...

Or my all time favorite... "honey, I've been busy all day, could you cook tonight please?", which usually works, but leaves kitchen looking like bombsite. Last night I had to scrub mashed potato and goodness knows what else off the lino and tiles! grr. Serves me right.

• Hegarts
    Cheese on toast
    Beans on toast - with or without cheese
    HM soup (lots of varieties in single portion sizes in the freezer...... which reminds me, I think a soup tea is coming on)
    If I was 7 ft 3, I'd be the right height for my weight
    • HopeElizzy
    • By HopeElizzy 8th Sep 06, 12:03 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    HopeElizzy
    Cheese & Ham quiche from the butchers (they are so yummy) and garlic bread.
    "all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..."
    • Ticklemouse
    • By Ticklemouse 8th Sep 06, 12:03 PM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Ticklemouse
    I'm with all you beans/cheese on toast people, with lots of worcestershire sauce too.

Houmous and beetroot on oatcakes

Tuna and red pepper sandwich
  • melancholly
    pasta with pesto, and if i can be bothered, a chopped tomato!
  • wigginsmum
    Houmous and beetroot on oatcakes

Tuna and red pepper sandwich
    by Ticklemouse
    I'm shocked - that sounds like vegetables to me
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Kazonline
    Pasta 'n' pesto for me too (shop bought both)
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) 320.
    Week 1 - 73.99 Week 2 5.10 (so far )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol 20.41, Clothes 8.50, House 3.
  • chatta
    [quote=Happy shopper]Put pasta on to cook. Fry some crushed / chopped garlic in some olive oil over a medium heat for a couple of mins, dump in a tin of tomatoes and some tomato puree, add herbs spices of choice (oregano, basil, dried chillis, pepper), cook sauce down whilst pasta's cooking. Drain pasta, add pasta to sauce, mix in, put on plate, top with cheese. This meal has several virtues (besides the obvious quick-and-easy critera): it can be cheap, it's easily-adaptable (add meat / veg as you wish) and it's reasonably healthy (more so if you use brown pasta - not as bad as it sounds,especially with tomato sauces!).

Wow can I come and eat with you when you are making the effort please
    • Rachie B
    • By Rachie B 8th Sep 06, 12:09 PM
    • 8,719 Posts
    • 5,329 Thanks
    Rachie B
    cous cous with pesto and feta
    baked potato done in the microwave with whatever filling / topping
    poached eggs on toast
    beans on toast ,with cream cheese stirred into the beans yum
    • Linda32
    • By Linda32 8th Sep 06, 12:14 PM
    • 4,236 Posts
    • 9,313 Thanks
    Linda32
    [QUOTE=chatta]
    Put pasta on to cook. Fry some crushed / chopped garlic in some olive oil over a medium heat for a couple of mins, dump in a tin of tomatoes and some tomato puree, add herbs spices of choice (oregano, basil, dried chillis, pepper), cook sauce down whilst pasta's cooking. Drain pasta, add pasta to sauce, mix in, put on plate, top with cheese. This meal has several virtues (besides the obvious quick-and-easy critera): it can be cheap, it's easily-adaptable (add meat / veg as you wish) and it's reasonably healthy (more so if you use brown pasta - not as bad as it sounds,especially with tomato sauces!).

Wow can I come and eat with you when you are making the effort please
    by Happy shopper
    Set a place for me as well please

Chip shop, in answer the the question.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

3,128Users online

Martin's Twitter