Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • revpeachy
    • By revpeachy 11th Jun 10, 8:48 AM
    • 269Posts
    • 2,023Thanks
    revpeachy
    0 WOW
    Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game
    • 11th Jun 10, 8:48 AM
    0 WOW
    Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game 11th Jun 10 at 8:48 AM
    www.findmypast.co.uk/world-cup.jsp?utm_source=FB&utm_content=120610&utm_campa ign=WorldCup120610

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
    You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
    How it works:
    • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
    • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
    When England play, you don't pay!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Rose; 15-06-2010 at 6:05 PM.
Page 1
    • bethesda
    • By bethesda 11th Jun 10, 9:31 AM
    • 519 Posts
    • 3,344 Thanks
    bethesda
    • 11th Jun 10, 9:31 AM
    • 11th Jun 10, 9:31 AM
    'All records available using our Full subscription (including the 1911 Census) will be free: Living Relatives searches and Memorial scrolls are not included '

thanks op even i have a reason to hope england do well now
    • LyndaH
    • By LyndaH 11th Jun 10, 11:38 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    LyndaH
    • 11th Jun 10, 11:38 AM
    • 11th Jun 10, 11:38 AM
    Thanks, great find. Means I can sit with laptop and do some research while other half watches the games.
    Survey sites are boring but points add up if you persist with it - Great way to save up for xmas! Quidco is brill, watching the money pile up. Every penny counts !!
    • hethmar
    • By hethmar 11th Jun 10, 11:45 AM
    • 10,401 Posts
    • 9,828 Thanks
    hethmar
    • 11th Jun 10, 11:45 AM
    Find my Past free during footie games
    • 11th Jun 10, 11:45 AM
    If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup make it your goal to research your family history.
    You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match all you need to do is register.
    How it works:
    • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
    • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
    When England play, you don't pay!
  • bcl999
    • 11th Jun 10, 12:37 PM
    • 11th Jun 10, 12:37 PM
    There's also a link on their home page for a free 14 day trial. Now i can't decide which to opt for! Why is life so complicated?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Jun 10, 1:32 PM
    • 14,090 Posts
    • 43,613 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 11th Jun 10, 1:32 PM
    • 11th Jun 10, 1:32 PM
    OP http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2525925

merge request sent
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • mrsow
    • 11th Jun 10, 4:19 PM
    • 11th Jun 10, 4:19 PM
    Thanks, at least Ive got something to do whilst OH is watching the football
    Back on the moneysaving wagon
  • Walled City Womble
    • 11th Jun 10, 4:47 PM
    • 11th Jun 10, 4:47 PM
    That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
  • bcl999
    • 11th Jun 10, 6:07 PM
    • 11th Jun 10, 6:07 PM
    That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
    Originally posted by Walled City Womble
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 11th Jun 10, 8:02 PM
    • 8,465 Posts
    • 6,051 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
    Originally posted by bcl999
    Seems to me 14 days of 24 hours a day - so that you can decide when in those days you use the service - is a longer time than odd hours during a few football matches. I'd go for the 14 days if I had to choose.
    • mishkanorman
    • By mishkanorman 11th Jun 10, 9:26 PM
    • 4,017 Posts
    • 7,282 Thanks
    mishkanorman
    thanks for this ! I have compiled a list of 'look-ups'
    Bow Ties ARE cool

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais
  • marty-401
    www.freebmd.org.uk is also worth a look
    • Debt Free Dreamer
    • By Debt Free Dreamer 12th Jun 10, 10:53 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 1,245 Thanks
    Debt Free Dreamer
    Registering and subscribing (even the 14 day trial) are two different things.

I am already registered (have never subscribed) and I am hoping I get the free Engalnd match stuff. And could potentially do the 14 day trial in the future.
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
  • irisrose
    Fantastic find, thank you
    • Cinders2001
    • By Cinders2001 12th Jun 10, 2:05 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    Cinders2001
    So what time for today is it going to let us in for free?
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **

Thank you costs nothing but means a lot. That's why I thank all posts I like!
    • revpeachy
    • By revpeachy 12th Jun 10, 4:28 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    revpeachy
    Kick off is 7.30 so we should be able to start using site for free at 7.
    • Willows
    • By Willows 12th Jun 10, 5:29 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Willows
    I've been meaning to go on a site like this in a while, so you have just made my day However as said above I might as well use the 14 day trial it seems.
    • Cinders2001
    • By Cinders2001 12th Jun 10, 6:04 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    Cinders2001
    ooooh.... I wonder why I keep timing out!!!! Probably full of us lot in there!!!!
    Last edited by Cinders2001; 12-06-2010 at 6:19 PM.
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **

Thank you costs nothing but means a lot. That's why I thank all posts I like!
  • MrsFroogle
    I haven't managed to complete a single search
    When I say 'I', that can mean 'we' or even 'he' :rolleyes:
    • Debt Free Dreamer
    • By Debt Free Dreamer 12th Jun 10, 7:08 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 1,245 Thanks
    Debt Free Dreamer
    Me neither. I just want to see one record on the 1911 census and I am having no joy

The Sky HD box is broke, so I cannot even watch the match.
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,552Posts Today

8,408Users online

Martin's Twitter