Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    External Water Leak - Whos responsible? Water Authority or me?
    • #1
    • 8th Jun 10, 11:04 AM
    External Water Leak - Whos responsible? Water Authority or me? 8th Jun 10 at 11:04 AM
    Hello team,

    i have a water leak, house cellar is constantly flooding, have isolated internal stopcock but water still leaking, i can hear a faint rushing noise under the kitchen units. Its an old property and i cant find the external stopcock i am fairly convinced the leak is between the external and internal stopcocks or poss between the main and the external (if only i could find it).

    Question is at what point is the leak my responsibility and at what point the water companies? Also i have heard if the pipework needs replacing (lead) then the water company will stump up 100 towards the cost, is this true.

    Any help or advice would be gratefully received, also even to do with locating the external stopcock.

    Many Thanks
    Last edited by aquamac; 08-06-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: stop !!!! was blanked due to being offensive, it was fairly important to the context edited to make stop !!!! stopcock
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,567Posts Today

8,646Users online

Martin's Twitter