Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    newleafer
    where to find stardrops?
    • 19th Jul 06, 12:14 AM
    where to find stardrops? 19th Jul 06 at 12:14 AM
    I found stardrops today in wilkinsons for 58p! Bargain!

So I came straight home and used it, it got loads of water marks out of our bath!

My Hubby thinks I've lost the plot! I made my first chicken stock from our roast chicken yesterday,I have never done this in 9yrs of being married! Also we bought some reduced crusty bread yesterday, but it went hard over night, so I wouldn't let him throw it out I said I'll make bread crumbs to freeze, he called me a DFW nerd!:rolleyes:

Cheek

So what I want to know now is what is the microfibre cloth I keep seeing in posts and where do I get one?

Also I bought breadmaker today so will give that a try next (morphy richards 35) any suggestions would be great but I do know that there is a breadmaker thread to look at.
Page 19
  • Monkeynut
    My local Tesco extra sells it, and I noticed at the end of last week it was reduced to 76p, with RTC (reduced to clear) on the SEL, so they must be stopping it!
    Half of November Make 10 a Day Challenge: 51/ 170
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 15th Feb 12, 9:47 AM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 5,710 Thanks
    building with lego
    The co-op sells it. Bottom shelf, of course, and it's gorn up from 1 to 1.15 in the last couple of weeks
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
    • nancmat
    • By nancmat 15th Feb 12, 10:18 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    nancmat
    I get them in asda, our tesco/morrisons don't do them
    Received 2,626.00 in PPI -2013
    Received 1400 charges - 2006

Waiting to exchange & complete
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Feb 12, 10:45 AM
    • 3,767 Posts
    • 50,114 Thanks
    monnagran
    building with lego: I bet our co-op doesn't so I won't get too excited. I'll report back.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 15th Feb 12, 12:56 PM
    • 13,811 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    Asda - household cleaners shelf: stardrops
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 15th Feb 12, 1:13 PM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Hi pmlindyloo,

We have an existing thread that should help:

where to find stardrops?

I'll add your thread to that one later to keep the replies together.

Pink
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 15th Feb 12, 8:52 PM
    • 3,767 Posts
    • 50,114 Thanks
    monnagran
    Yay! Tried a different Poundland today and they just had 3 bottles. I bought the lot.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • bearcub
    • By bearcub 15th Feb 12, 9:04 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 4,905 Thanks
    bearcub
    I'd love to try Stardrops, so thank you for starting this. We don't have Wilkinsons or Asda here and, even if Tesco did sell it, I wouldn't go there (arrogant and 15 miles away!). However, we do have a Poundland so, next month, which will be the next time I go into town, I'll try and find some of this cleaner that everyone loves so much. Thank you!
  • chewynut
    I read somewhere that Stardrops isn't easy to find in the Midlands. I've not been able to find it in any supermarkets around here but the Poundworld in the Vic Centre in Nottingham has the whole Stardrops range.

I've been using it on the wall that the dog appeared to be using as a sneaky peeing post and it's took the colour & smell away. Which is awesome considering it is right outside my bedroom door!
    'til the end of the line
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 2nd Aug 12, 10:06 PM
    • 26,027 Posts
    • 106,139 Thanks
    candygirl
    Home Bargains!!!
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • MyLittleEye
    • By MyLittleEye 25th Feb 14, 8:59 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    MyLittleEye
    MySupermarket.co.uk
    Put your shopping list into MySupermarket.co.uk and it'll work out which store does is/delivers cheapest. It also suggests the best available deals and highlights special offers.

A search for Stardrops shows that out of all the major supermarkets only Asda stocks it in my locality - 1.40/L
    • BB15
    • By BB15 4th Apr 17, 2:37 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    BB15
    Can anyone suggest a stockist in East Sussex? It's a no in Asda now!
    • purpleybat
    • By purpleybat 4th Apr 17, 3:31 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 2,945 Thanks
    purpleybat
    do you have a wilkos near you? I did a search and they stock the pine disinfectant and the all purpose cleaner. annoyed now tho cos i've just done a mega order with them (delivery costs are really cheap) and forgot I wanted to try it.
    gc 2017 1841.27.
    2018 jan 124.69/130 feb 157.97/150 mar 221.33/200 apr 223.04/250
    • eandjsmum
    • By eandjsmum 4th Apr 17, 3:50 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 4,621 Thanks
    eandjsmum
    pound stretcher had all varieties for 1 today. If that's any help.
    • BB15
    • By BB15 4th Apr 17, 4:46 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    BB15
    Thanks for your suggestions. We have a new Wilko opening here soon so keeping my fingers crossed! Do try Stardrops cleaner Purplybat you'll love it.
    • purpleybat
    • By purpleybat 5th Apr 17, 11:35 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 2,945 Thanks
    purpleybat
    i want to try it cos I've seen so many on here rave over it and while I've never met you all I trust your judgements
    am going to be near a poundland tomorrow so i'll have a peep in there. don't fancy anything pine fragranced tho, it reminds me of being sick as a kid cos mum always used pine stuff!
    gc 2017 1841.27.
    2018 jan 124.69/130 feb 157.97/150 mar 221.33/200 apr 223.04/250
    • Lindlou
    • By Lindlou 6th Apr 17, 10:13 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Lindlou
    Only use the all purpose cleaner but it's fantastic. Won't buy anything else now - don't need too, works for bathrooms, floors, Windows......
    Never, ever give up........
    • wort
    • By wort 7th Apr 17, 5:58 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 10,214 Thanks
    wort
    Star drops with bleach
    Has anyone used the star drops with bleach in a spray bottle was in home bargains a 1.00 very large bottle.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
    • dragonlily
    • By dragonlily 7th Apr 17, 10:17 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    dragonlily
    Home bargains has all the 'new' varieties. I had a look on line and you can get the original for 1 click and collect at Wilkinsons:

http://www.wilko.com/multi-purpose-cleaners/stardrops-all-purpose-cleaner-750ml/invt/0080402

x
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 10th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 7,692 Posts
    • 15,472 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    Can anyone in Belfast update me on where to buy stardrops. Last time I bought was in semichem a few years ago - I stocked up so only just ran out - and it doesnt seem to be in any of the obvious places (ASDA, Sainsburys, Poundland, home bargains etc). Thanks!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

2,292Users online

Martin's Twitter