Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 13
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 11th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    • 8,865 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi, my daughter has a EHIC that is in date but she has recently turned 16 and has a new adult passport, will the card still be valid?
    Originally posted by amc27
    Did you read this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74143848#1
    • ericthelobster
    • By ericthelobster 14th Sep 18, 8:14 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    ericthelobster
    I was involved in an accident in France about a month ago; I was blue-lighted to a hospital and treated for a broken collarbone. I used my EHIC card and wasn't charged anything else at the time.

I'm aware that foreign hospitals sometimes send invoices to foreign patients at home later on. I have an outstanding travel insurance claim to submit for other expenses, and am wondering how likely it is that I have yet to be sent a bill for medical expenses from France? Anyone know?
    • katejo
    • By katejo 14th Sep 18, 8:37 PM
    • 3,107 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    katejo
    I was involved in an accident in France about a month ago; I was blue-lighted to a hospital and treated for a broken collarbone. I used my EHIC card and wasn't charged anything else at the time.

I'm aware that foreign hospitals sometimes send invoices to foreign patients at home later on. I have an outstanding travel insurance claim to submit for other expenses, and am wondering how likely it is that I have yet to be sent a bill for medical expenses from France? Anyone know?
    Originally posted by ericthelobster
    I would have thought that they would have charged you at the time. I had 1 night in an Italian hospital 3 years ago. I wasn't charged when there and no further bill followed it.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Sep 18, 10:45 PM
    • 8,865 Posts
    • 9,216 Thanks
    pogofish

Did you read the OP - MSE have fingers in many pies but I don't think the French healthcare sector is one of them!
    • ericthelobster
    • By ericthelobster 15th Sep 18, 12:32 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    ericthelobster
    Did you read the OP - MSE have fingers in many pies but I don't think the French healthcare sector is one of them!
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Meaning ?
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 15th Sep 18, 9:04 AM
    • 19,730 Posts
    • 45,665 Thanks
    peachyprice

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/healthcare-when-travelling-abroad/healthcare-in-france/
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,996Posts Today

8,837Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin