Lucifa's (Ac)counting the pennies DFW diary

Options

Comments

• Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry work has been, well hard work...

Hi Beanie -My interview is tomorrow at noon. Fingers and toes crossed pretty please!

If there's a goat available Uncanny that would be appreciated. Attire is easier as this is a 'formal' interview now and I wear that costume most days to work. Definitely not my leather jeans, long boots and band t-shirts.

The bank holiday was amazing. Lots of lovely sunshine and family time. Lovely.

Hoping the sun will be out on Friday for my baby brother's wedding up North then taking NJ to see Ed Sheeran on Sunday (he is going to be sooooooo tired at school on Monday :rotfl:) - he is a total fan so the tickets were his birthday present.

Enjoy yomping in the wilds with your pup. We can't adopt a dog yet and aren't home enough to settle a puppy so need to wait a few more years until eldest goes to high school :(
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of positive vibes your way Luc.
    Enjoy the wedding & the concert :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Goat at the ready :D
    Will be thinking of you today, best of luck and let us know how it goes
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope all went well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope it went well! Well done on progressing to this stage as well :o Leather jeans in the heatwave we've been having :eek: It has been lovely here... OH's dad checks the newspaper religiously and then gives me a lowdown on what we're to expect weather wise and apparently June is to be a scorcher :cool:

Let us know how you got on! :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Lucifa73
    Options
    It went pretty well. Did all I could and now it is the waiting game...

Had a cracker of a weekend- will be back later to share my exploits in detail!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    SPC 2019 #073

• beanielou
    Options
    Awaits the update!

• Lucifa73
    Options
    Me too Beanie! Me too!
    SPC 2019 #073

• Lucifa73
    Options
    So there was quite a lot happened over the past few days...

On Thursday I had The Interview. One of the toughest I have had in a while but I held my own. A bit concerned my people management experience is lacking but I couldn't have done more than I did so it is what it is.

On Friday it was the Other Wedding of the Year, where my brother finally married his childhood sweetheart after 20+ years of diverging paths in life. The day was intimate and beautiful. Up North was radiantly sunny and warm. I walked back to the hotel at 1am bare foot and bare shouldered without a single shiver - which is rare in that part of the world. I also seemed to manage the perfect balance of sufficient lubrication to dance without falling over and suffered ZERO hangover the next day. A miraculous and wonderful trick I hope to be able to pull off every time I go out from now on. I think avoiding wine helped in that endeavour!

Saturday morning was a relaxed affair with a late and delicious breakfast and check out. I hung out with Mum while the boys went swimming and she was 100% nice to me - another rare occurrence. I see a theme building. We had a nice lunch at a golf club inland a bit - a surprise for my Aunt's 69th birthday that completely blind-sided her. Her face was a picture - and all without telling a single untruth. :)

We drove home via a fruity retailer to buy me a small gift with my bonus money from a Fruity retailer. Suffice it to say every move is now being monitored and saved for posterity...

Saturday night was an early one as Sunday was set to be another long day. After another relatively chilled out morning we got the shopping in and I sorted it and put it away while the men of the house napped.

By 4.30pm I was sat with a VERY excited 9yo on the train to the Weeg. We had a lovely burger dinner (his choice) then joined the masses at Hampden Park to see Ed Sheeran. Now I had low expectations of a one man, one guitar performance in a stadium but he totally rocked it. The way he layers up the track, live on stage, is incredible and I have never seen anything like it. The whole performance was fantastic and he really connected with the audience. Absolutely recommend it if you have any interest in music whatsoever.

A little less awesome was the 2 hours we took to get home. We finally got through the door at 1am and fell into bed. Fair to say it has been a long day at work. I can only imagine that NJ is utterly shattered...

Not a cheap weekend but every penny was absolutely worth the cherished memories :heartpuls
    SPC 2019 #073

• beanielou
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your big weekend :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure