Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    brunettegirl
    Conservatory Wicker Chair make your own
    • 19th Mar 10, 6:56 AM
    Conservatory Wicker Chair make your own 19th Mar 10 at 6:56 AM
    I recieved a chair off freecycle minus the cushion, my mum has offered to make a cushion cover for it, but I need to sort out a cushion. To buy one appears to in the 100 mark - ouch and way to expensive. A friend suggestion Dunhelm store as they sell foam/ material to make cushions - but I have no clue how to measure the chair in order to get the correct measurements for an all in one cushion.

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask the question, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I need to start saving so I plan to save 2 a week to start with
Page 1
    • esmf73
    • By esmf73 19th Mar 10, 7:45 AM
    • 1,772 Posts
    • 14,248 Thanks
    esmf73
    • 19th Mar 10, 7:45 AM
    • 19th Mar 10, 7:45 AM
    Wny not make a template from a piece of paper - cut to fit, then you can get some foam cut to size in the shop.
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card 250
    • foreign correspondent
    • By foreign correspondent 19th Mar 10, 10:12 AM
    • 9,029 Posts
    • 19,091 Thanks
    foreign correspondent
    • 19th Mar 10, 10:12 AM
    • 19th Mar 10, 10:12 AM
    Is the cushoin just for the chair bottom, or the back as well (like a lounger?) if it is, is the chair bottom square or round? Whatever, I would get some newspaper or similar, and a marker pen, and lay the newspaper over the area you need to make a cushion for, and mark on it where the edges of the cusion need to come to, then take the template with you when you go to buy foam.

Markets often sell foam for filling cushions really cheaply
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

38Posts Today

2,971Users online

Martin's Twitter