Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 15th Mar 10, 1:24 PM
    • 2,141Posts
    • 619Thanks
    deefadog
    Lidl now sell Ikea meatballs :)
    • 15th Mar 10, 1:24 PM
    Lidl now sell Ikea meatballs :) 15th Mar 10 at 1:24 PM
    A friend told me yesterday, not sure how much they are, but it's got to save you money as meatballs was the only thing i'd by from Ikea, the misses on the other hand would want to buy everything LoL.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 16-03-2010 at 8:37 PM.

Page 1
    • dgi_n
    • By dgi_n 15th Mar 10, 1:43 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    dgi_n
    • 15th Mar 10, 1:43 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 1:43 PM
    actual KÖTTBULLAR meatballs?

is that allowed?
    • eklynne
    • By eklynne 15th Mar 10, 2:02 PM
    • 2,357 Posts
    • 4,538 Thanks
    eklynne
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:02 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:02 PM
    Any chance of a price? It's only a grabbit really if they are authentic Ikea ones AND cheaper.
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
    • kizzykizzywizzy
    • By kizzykizzywizzy 15th Mar 10, 2:08 PM
    • 6,768 Posts
    • 15,125 Thanks
    kizzykizzywizzy
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:08 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:08 PM
    Do they sell the gravy ?? - i think it's tasteless, but kids like it, wish i'd bought some
    • dgi_n
    • By dgi_n 15th Mar 10, 2:14 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    dgi_n
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:14 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:14 PM
    is it better to have these with the gravy and lingonberry?

or will they be just as good with spaghetti and a tomato sauce?
  • pastizzi
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:16 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:16 PM
    Any chance of a price? It's only a grabbit really if they are authentic Ikea ones AND cheaper.
    Originally posted by eklynne
    cheaper would be great but if they are the real deal i would definatly grabbit my ikea is miles away and these are an absolute must have ...should think all those on the meatball thread in food shopping and grocerys would be made up with them too
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 15th Mar 10, 2:22 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    deefadog
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:22 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:22 PM
    Going tonight to get some, so will post price, and yes they are the same.

And even if they are more expensive than Ikea, but if you deduct the price of petrol to get to each depending where you live then it's a huge saving. My nearest Lidl is 1 mile away, my nearest Ikea is 50 miles away. - But it could be the opposite for someone else

• hadjab
    • By hadjab 15th Mar 10, 2:51 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 665 Thanks
    hadjab
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:51 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:51 PM
    Yay!! Gotta love those meatballs!!
  • nic_nac_
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:55 PM
    • 15th Mar 10, 2:55 PM
    Sorry to sound thick but i've never heard of these Meatballs before, what's so special about them? Surely not as good as homemade?
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 15th Mar 10, 2:59 PM
    • 1,689 Posts
    • 9,761 Thanks
    Forgetful
    Sorry to sound thick but i've never heard of these Meatballs before, what's so special about them? Surely not as good as homemade?
    Originally posted by nic_nac_
    never had them??/ u dont know wot uve been missing!!
    deliciuos!!!
  • pretzelnut
    oh i hope they do sell them my nearest ikea is 90 miles away, everytime we go we stock up on gravy and meatballs, im sure sometimes we go just for the meatballs.

I dont have time to handmae meatballs and these are the best meatballs i have ever tasted.

Yes you can put them with spag bol - you dont have to have them qith the gravy.
    Is thankful to those who have shared their
    fortune with those less fortunate
    than themselves - you know who you are!
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 15th Mar 10, 3:05 PM
    • 64,927 Posts
    • 381,122 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    Having a quick google, I wonder if they're actually "Swedish meatballs" by Sodergarden. Lidl do a lot of their ranges, under the heading of "Scandinavian food", but not specifically Ikea meatballs.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_8418.htm

They do say Kottbullar, but I bet that's just Swedish for "meatballs"... of any sort.
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 15th Mar 10, 4:23 PM
    • 13,585 Posts
    • 23,091 Thanks
    pulliptears
    Oooooh yay! I have a freezer full of Ikea ones stored up, will have to compare them,
    Hope they have got the gravy too though, its gorgeous when you make it with cream.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• midnightraven3
    • By midnightraven3 15th Mar 10, 4:25 PM
    • 2,755 Posts
    • 6,691 Thanks
    midnightraven3
    it is pastures new

taken from wiki

n Sweden köttbullar (meatballs) are made with ground beef or a mix of ground beef, pork and sometimes veal, mixed with breadcrumbs soaked in milk and finely chopped (fried) onions, some broth, and occasionally cream. They are seasoned with white pepper or allspice and salt.[1] Swedish meatballs are traditionally served with gravy, boiled potatoes, lingonberry jam, and sometimes fresh pickled cucumber.[2] Traditionally, Swedish meatballs are small, measuring one half inch in diameter. [3] In the United States, there are a number of variations, based on the assimilation of Swedes in the Midwest.
    • bigstevex
    • By bigstevex 15th Mar 10, 4:55 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    bigstevex
    Originally posted by nic_nac_

Get yourself to ikea now and have some
    • elisebutt65
    • By elisebutt65 15th Mar 10, 5:23 PM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 7,289 Thanks
    elisebutt65
    I had some on Saturday and they were just as scrummy as usual and I got a bag, gravy and jelly to make at home as well
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    Student MoneySaving Club member 026! Teacher now and still Moneysaving

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 15th Mar 10, 5:27 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 282,884 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I am a massive fan of ikea meatballs, and have been there before purely to get them!

i'm interested to see how this one pans out- there aint another meatball like it in the world and i always have at least 1 bag in my freezer :-)
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
  • skiTTish
    Can anyone please tell me the fat content of these ?
    I have always fancied trying them ,but live miles away from Ikea and besides I have gallstones so if they are really fatty they are a no no
    • wendall
    • By wendall 15th Mar 10, 6:05 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    wendall
    I got some last week for £2 at the lidl at Heywood, they tasted just like the ikea ones, will have to go back for some more as it was a biggish bag and the kids love them.
    • wendall
    • By wendall 15th Mar 10, 6:08 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    wendall
    Can anyone please tell me the fat content of these ?
    I have always fancied trying them ,but live miles away from Ikea and besides I have gallstones so if they are really fatty they are a no no
    Originally posted by skiTTish

19.0g of fat per 100g. The make of the meatballs is sodergarden aand they are 1kg bags. You can either fry them or microwave them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,599Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin