Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dont_insure_with_rcib
    Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers
    • 10th Mar 10, 8:07 PM
    Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers 10th Mar 10 at 8:07 PM
    I will like to bring all those people searching for cheap car insurance to the attention of the sharp practices imposed by RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers.

My Experience today Wednesday 10/03/2010:
    After searching numerous price comparison sites for a cheap car insurance quote, I found RCIB to be the cheapest on both confused.com and gocompare so went on to buy car insurance from them online.

The price quoted on both sites was approx 960 and this was the amount I paid for when completing payment online. However once payment complete I got a call from RCIB to confirm the details I entered to get that quote. I was extremely shocked to hear the sales rep state that I had been quoted wrongly and the actual price for insuring with them is approx 1333 (38% increase). Hearing that I asked if he could refund the amount I paid (so i can get insured elsewhere) however his reply was that I would incur an administration fee for a refund even though they (RCIB) themselves were responsible for providing me with an incorrect quotation. Having argued my point for a full refund with the sales rep (at this point i started recording the phone call, contact me for a listen) I was put on hold for over half an hour then to be told the sales manager would be in contact with me in 10 minutes. I did get this call at 4.55pm and just as i was about to explain the whole scenario I was told by this man that he finishes work at 5pm so I would have to email him the details of the issue and he will respond tomorrow.

That was my experience of Right Choice Insurance Brokers (RCIB) so let this be a warning to you all and I wish no one to ever go through the same. I am now left not knowing whether my car is insured, out of pocket and having to hitch a ride home leaving my car in the work car park (in order to avoid 6 points which is the penalty for driving without insurance)

I will persue RCIB tomorrow and let you guys know the outcome of my issue.

Please do post any suggestions as to how I could resolve this issue and get a full refund or get RCIB to honour their initial quote for car insurance. Also would be interesting to know your experiences with this insurer.

Many thanks
Page 7
    • Streeet
    • By Streeet 15th Jan 20, 12:11 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Streeet
    Another RCIB victim here currently being put through the mangle.

I too picked the cheapest quote and completed online. Only to get an email next day for an additional 92 for under quoted mileage. I haven't, but based on historical MOT's they can predict the future..

Anyway I've refused to pay any more for an amended policy. Either they sell the policy I was quoted or retract the offer. Their compromise was to switch me to a fixed mileage contract. I have to email a photo of my odometer every month :/
    PITA but I'll role with it.

I've had no updated policy documents so god knows if I'm covered.

Most disturbing however during validation call was the guy asking where the gate on my house was. He was obviously looking at my house on google images in real time.

Something tells me my RCIB journey isn't over yet!

AVOID!
    • Pete y
    • By Pete y 21st Jan 20, 2:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pete y
    Do not touch this company they are scammers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,171Posts Today

5,869Users online

Martin's Twitter