Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daxu
    • By daxu 1st Feb 10, 12:58 PM
    • 172Posts
    • 14Thanks
    daxu
    what is occupiers consent form?
    • 1st Feb 10, 12:58 PM
    what is occupiers consent form? 1st Feb 10 at 12:58 PM
    Hello,
    I am in the process of buying a flat. Today my solicitor emailed me saying that
    "I have also requested an Occupiers Consent Form from Halifax which I will need send to you in order for the occupier to sign."

I know the general process of house buying and mortgage. But I am not sure what is occupiers consent form and what is the purpose. I emailed my solicitor back (as it is an internet one I don't really expect quick response). Can someone tell me what this form is about?

Many Thanks
Page 4
    • Zoe D Grimes
    • By Zoe D Grimes 5th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zoe D Grimes
    update??
    Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but I have a slightly different query.

I am trying to get hold of a copy of the occupiers consent form I signed, however my solicitors went into administration last month. I have contacted the mortgage lender who advised they do not hold a copy.

I am assuming that I will have to contact another solicitor to act on my behalf and trace it down, or is there another way I can get a copy. I have a fairy short time frame to do this in and was wondering what the best options are?

Any help is appreciated.
    Originally posted by Phiggins81
    Hi I am in the same situation,can you tell me what happened? Did you manage to get hold of the consent form????
    Many thanks
    Zoe
    • bigisi
    • By bigisi 6th Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    • 368 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    bigisi
    Hi I am in the same situation,can you tell me what happened? Did you manage to get hold of the consent form????
    Many thanks
    Zoe
    Originally posted by Zoe D Grimes
    Seeing as that was the poster's only post on the forum and it was nearly a year ago - I doubt you're going to get an answer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,023Posts Today

6,979Users online

Martin's Twitter