Everything & Anything New York City

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,299
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have just booked tickets for Liberty/Ellis Island ferry, and their website seems a bit buggy - when I was entering the names to go on the tickets, it wouldn't let me put a different surname for the second one. I put in the correct names, but when I pressed continue, it changed to my surname on both.

Can I assume it doesn't actually matter what name is on the ticket?

Seriously unimpressed with that website!

was that the official statuecruises website? Looks like there is a problem with their website, can't book tickets at all - when you get to the 'select date' page it just comes up
    Tickets Temporarily Unavailable Please call 1.877.LADY TIX
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • gapster13
    gapster13 Posts: 23
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My partner and I are looking to go to New York for christmas and new years (22/12 - 2/1) we are on a budget but know this is an expensive time to travel, looking at flights they are about 650 each and hotels vary greatly. The cheapest being staten island, new jersey or queens, so basically where do you guys recommend? we dont mind cheap and cheerful as we are just using it as a base, but we do want our own washroom and toilet.
  • gregg1
    gregg1 Posts: 3,148
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    was that the official statuecruises website? Looks like there is a problem with their website, can't book tickets at all - when you get to the 'select date' page it just comes up

I have used this site to book tickets a few times. If you are having problems with the site you may be able to contact them via email - I did and they responded pretty quickly and were very helpful. I think the email address is on the webpage.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't know what websites you're looking at, but I've got no problems at all booking on https://www.statuecruises.com - which is the official seller of the tickets, and the only place you should buy them.

I selected a random date in May. Worked first time. Ensure you're using an up to date web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, and you shouldn't have any issues.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,299
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    M4RKM wrote: »
    I don't know what websites you're looking at, but I've got no problems at all booking on www.statuecruises.com - which is the official seller of the tickets, and the only place you should buy them.

I selected a random date in May. Worked first time. Ensure you're using an up to date web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Yep, that was the website I was on, looks they've sorted it out now :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • fruitpie
    fruitpie Posts: 202
    Forumite
    Hi Guys,

Been reading now for a while and want to travel to NY in early June for a week.

We are interested in The Conrad in Lower Manhatten near Battery Park. Its just opened up and looks good. Thinking that this hotel would be handy to see the Clipper Yachts at North Cove marina.

What do you think of the area?, dining wise, getting around - Time Sq etc - all the usual attractions.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers ....
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Manhattan & area are so easy to get around you are at the very bottom manhattan and in a good area for watching the clipper yachts travelling by . Battery Park is in the finacial area wall street etc and the hub of activity mon fri tiull about 8 Then quiets down with some good foodies /bars and a few speakeasys . There is a TFI just around the corner serving huge portions of good american meaty foods /wings burgers . Times sq is about 15 mins on one subway and half hour on a bus . Between is a good amout of things to see and do. Never seen or heard reviews about the conrad as its new . so if the price is right do it but let us all know what its like . enjoy NYC
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • fruitpie
    fruitpie Posts: 202
    Forumite
    Thanks Greenface for your quick and very helpful response.

Looking at flights with BA or Virgin they are very expensive - why is Virgin so expensive? Would like to fly with a British airline but looks like United are cheapest. :(
  • Hi
    I am going to New York in April and I am currently looking at things and trying to get my head around where things are. But I want to bring back some food items and wondered if there was a supermarket like Wall-mart or similar that I could go do a big shop? I know this is a tall order but some things you just can't get in the UK and I have very long shopping list from my previous trips to Colorado.
    Thanks in advance for any help, tips or advice

:j <- me getting excited now
    Restarting C25K in 2014 - Week 8 - 1/3 completed

Need to loose 25lb / 3lb lost so far :(
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 26 March 2012 at 11:51PM
    Fruitpie where in the world are you thinking of travelling from ??
    AlliWITS so your asking if there is a place in New York that sells American Food . Now let me think !!!!erm !!!!

Flights........... i try to go from Mankchester will pay a extra for direct flights, times are good for me and not really bothered who i fly with never had a bad issue with american flights (ipod on and pretend to go to sleep)
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport