Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • ALIBOBSY
    • By ALIBOBSY 4th Jan 10, 3:28 PM
    • 4,432 Posts
    • 16,463 Thanks
    ALIBOBSY
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:28 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:28 PM
    I have seen recipes for apple sauce cake so reckon you could do that with cranberry instead?
    Throw some in with apples for an apple and cranberry crumble? or pie?

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

Make up to 10 a day-November 610.22/750

Make up to 10 a day-December 73.84/620
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 4th Jan 10, 3:31 PM
    • 13,272 Posts
    • 226,092 Thanks
    greenbee
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:31 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:31 PM
    It make a fantastic filling for carrot cake - layer it under the cream cheese frosting
  • sunflower76
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:33 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:33 PM
    I like to open up a chicken breast and stuff it with cranberry sauce and cheese. I then fold it all back together and wrap in parma ham or bacon and cook in the oven.
  • floyd
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:34 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:34 PM
    I love it in sandwiches like a chutney, warm ciabatta, goats cheese and cranberry sauce. Yum! Also works well with strong cheddar or roast chicken
  • bc3000
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:36 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:36 PM
    Brie, (bacon )and cranberry sauce in a sandwich.. mmm

• Newbird
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:48 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:48 PM
    Yeh, Brie with bacon, rocket if you have it, and cranberry sauce - My favourite sandwich from Mr S is as above but with sliced pears instead of cranberry. Yum
    Bless Martin's Little Cotton Socks. I thank him for giving us MSE. Look what its grown into!

MFW = ASAP #124
    • maryb
    • By maryb 4th Jan 10, 3:58 PM
    • 3,986 Posts
    • 49,510 Thanks
    maryb
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:58 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 3:58 PM
    make up some raspberry jelly, mix in the cranberry sauce and let it set. Good for lunchboxes if you do it in small tupperware pots
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 4th Jan 10, 4:44 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 30,011 Thanks
    allydowd
    • 4th Jan 10, 4:44 PM
    • 4th Jan 10, 4:44 PM
    Stir it into the gravy.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 1100

Travel 500 Miles Free Challenge: 214/500
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • soon2bjobless
    • By soon2bjobless 4th Jan 10, 4:46 PM
    • 416 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    soon2bjobless
    Brie and cranberry on a baked potato.....had this yesterday and it was fab
    Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
    • Prudent
    • By Prudent 4th Jan 10, 4:47 PM
    • 11,234 Posts
    • 49,063 Thanks
    Prudent
    Brie & cranberry croissants are lovely.
  • Reverbe
    Could you put it in truffles? I was thinking about this as I have 2 huge pots of Cranberry & orange relish I made. We can't afford the posh cheeses or cheese bites we normally eat it with and tho we had 2 packs of cheeses for gifts none had any brie or camembert in.

It goes nice in porridge but I am getting bored with that now.As mine is thick and sweet and has orange and port in, was also wondering if it would work like a jam?
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • onetomany
    def brie and cranberry, yum yum
    • mamashaz
    • By mamashaz 7th Jan 10, 11:06 AM
    • 431 Posts
    • 2,401 Thanks
    mamashaz
    Try these - they are yummy! Not quite like normal Brownies but my family wolfed them down.

http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes/show/141-cranberry-brownies
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 7th Jan 10, 11:19 AM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 30,011 Thanks
    allydowd
    Stir it into stuffing next time you make stuffing from a packet mix.

"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 7th Jan 10, 11:21 AM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 30,011 Thanks
    allydowd
    It goes nice in porridge but I am getting bored with that now.As mine is thick and sweet and has orange and port in, was also wondering if it would work like a jam?
    Originally posted by Reverbe
    It would work like a jam because it has more or less the same ingredients as a jam!

• Boodle
    I tend to use it as I would a chutney or use it in dressings. I also dollop it on any dinners I feel the need to, usually along with a generous helping of mustard
    Love and compassion to all x
    • babyshoes
    • By babyshoes 7th Jan 10, 11:46 AM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 3,325 Thanks
    babyshoes
    Use it to baste a strong tasting meat like duck or venison, then grill or bake. Even chicken bits or turkey legs would work.

How about stiring it into plain yoghurt? If it isn't sweet enough add a little honey too.

Mix it with apples and make an apple & cranberry pie.

Anything you would use jam for, you can use cranberry jelly for.
  • Reverbe
    Thanks folks. Some great ideas there. Looking forward to trying some esp as my flatmate broke the seal on a box of cranberries so will have to make some more soon.. lol Won't be trying the stuffing as personally I dont like it but hope it helps someone else.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
    • Whitefiver
    • By Whitefiver 7th Jan 10, 1:37 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    Whitefiver
    I made some to take away with us at Christmas, and stupidly left it in the fridge. I am however enjoying a goodly spoonful with my porridge every morning. I find it very nice indeed.

Regards,

White
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

656Posts Today

6,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin