Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Arrgghhh :eek::mad:

I am so fed up

DH's truck has not been right since we paid nearly £600 to have it fixed (plus cost of second hand fuel pump), it still has problems starting but we just bear with it.

Then today I have gone to go out in it,driven up the road and heard a bang. Checked underneath and everything seems ok, it changes gear fine but does not have much power and the noise it makes is just not right. So I have come home.

As you might remember the diagnostic does not work so we are stuck really.

Have just rung our usual garage (not the one we used for the above repair) to talk about it and he thinks we should take it back to the garage who fixed it to see what they say but also mentioned that there might be a wiring problem hence the problem with the diagnostic - if it is not wiring then it will be the engine control unit which costs more than the truck is worth :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am just so fed up with everything - I have to juggle everything and try to keep 2 houses running and I can't do it anymore.

I begged DH to let us go home and for relative to find somewhere else and originally he said no but now he says yes if we can get a Newfoundland :eek:. I told him he would be sorry if I had a breakdown from the stress.

We need oil for heating at the house we are in and that will be £400+ I need to find.

I just want to go home and live with out any stress - is that too much to ask????:(
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    And to top it all we have Xmas coming up and I just don't know how we can afford it :mad::mad::mad:

Dh has agreed that he needs to go bankrupt but in the mean time he has a solicitors bill which has gone to CCJ and as we have not paid not got an arrangement the bailiffs are coming :eek:
    I will sort this by filling out the forms (that is one good thing - that I know what to do with court)

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach, I just heated up some lunch and can't bear to eat it :mad:

I wanted to go and see my friend today who's son had an op last week but now I can't - I could have a good moan with her but at the moment I have no one to talk to as no one except her knows what mess we are in :(
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Oh gosh honey, youe moan away, I think you have every right to.

I've really no idea how you cope with everything, I think you need to move back to your other house and start putting you first, otherwise you are going to make yourself ill. Your OH will just have to deal with the mess that HE has got himself into.

Sending you hugs.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry that things are so tough.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks Ladies.

I had a good cry and then felt better :rotfl:

But now I am not worrying about the truck as DH has narked me again (surprise surprise :rotfl:)

You might remember that DH left his last job due to issues around over staff being incompetent but nothing being done as he was related to a director.
    After seeing a solicitor (hence the bill and now CCJ) we did not take things further.

Out of the blue a few weeks ago DH was contacted by an old work colleague to say a new employee had been 'let go' after her 3month probationary period and wondered if she could speak to him. DH agreed and was in email contact with this lady (I had seen the emails).

DH had mentioned meeting up with her to chat over coffee etc but no date/time had been agreed.

Last Friday I was at work and got a call from Relative at 3.15pm to say DH was not home (he only works morning on Fri & Mon so collects DD off the bus to save childcare fees) and what was happening with DD. I asked Relative to get her and I would ring DH.

I rung DH and he went mad about why had he not been called by relative instead and when I asked why he was late he said that he had got caught up at work but was about to catch the bus home (I needed the car for a home visit so instead of me catching the bus home he had to)

When I got home later I asked DH where he had been and asked whether he had met this woman (not sure why I thought of it) and he said no he had cancelled meeting her due to work. I asked him why he had not told me the meeting was planned - he couldn't really give an answer. (I had not seen the emails but obviously women's intuition). I thought it was a bit iffy still but left it.

Today up pops an email in our joint Outlook from this woman thanking DH for meeting her last week and talking about the complaints she has put in :eek::eek:

So I am guessing he did meet her on Friday which is why he was late but why could he not have just told me that - why did he have to lie?
    I am sure he did not meet her on any other day as he does not have time with work and surely when I queried meeting her he would have said that he already has :eek::mad::eek::mad::mad:

Maybe I am over reacting but I think I am not - I am fed up with the lies and everything.

I was fine with him meeting this woman (although I think he should be over his old employers and move on with his life - no wonder he has depression!) but obviously would have been annoyed that he was late collecting our daughter (what if relative was not there??) but now it is more lies.

AARRGGHH

I have told him that I don't care about the truck and I am certainly not paying to have it fixed - he asked why, I said just because.

He knows I am in a mood but has not asked me what's up - I think he knows why and is too scared of an argument.
    The email was sent while he was driving home which is why it landed in Outlook as I had it open and he could not open it before me.
    When he got home he was in my car for ages - i assume reading the email and responding.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Never a dull moment in your life sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You are putting up with far too much and I'm worried that something's got to give and I'm afraid that might be you.

Please tell me to get lost if you think I'm out of order, but what are you getting from all this? It seems to me that you get very little support or help from OH but an awful lot of grief. You don't deserve this, you help and advise so many other people on the boards, me included. You are a warm and lovely person. What would you advise someone else in your situation?

I am here for you if you need me. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Piquant wrote: »
    You are putting up with far too much and I'm worried that something's got to give and I'm afraid that might be you.

Please tell me to get lost if you think I'm out of order, but what are you getting from all this? It seems to me that you get very little support or help from OH but an awful lot of grief. You don't deserve this, you help and advise so many other people on the boards, me included. You are a warm and lovely person. What would you advise someone else in your situation?

I am here for you if you need me. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Piq

Thanks Piq

I know I have said it before but the thing that keeps me here is the sex :rotfl:and also that my DD adores her dad and could not be without him.

I know that I am basically his carer - even more so now. Luckily there is no personal care otherwise he would be in a home.
    I am not sure how much of all this is him being him or his illness.
    I know he would not manage on his own - he often overdoses on his meds by accident as he forgets when he has taken them so now we have doset boxes and I prepare a week at a time.

I was all set to leave him and then he got ill and I haven't had the heart to do anything since.

I would feel much better if I only had 1 house to manage/look after and not have to worry about relative.

Things are gonna change and I am already planning a week off work to carry on the decorating at the other house so I can have the carpets laid and then I can move back - the children will have to come with me as DH is a liability (he set fire to the acti fryer by leaving it on the hob which he had also turned on :eek:. He had stopped cooking any meals because he was ill but I had an important meeting and thought he could manage chips:rotfl:)
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I didn't know the whole story, nevertheless, you must mentally distance yourself a bit. I'm genuinely concerned at the pressure you are continually living under.

It sounds like living at the other house may be the answer. Decorating can be a stress relief for some [but not me, I hate decorating with a passion :rotfl:]

Keep posting, those of us who care want to know you're okay.

x
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Well things have changed at home.

DH went missing yesterday - he was found in the afternoon by Search & Rescue Volunteers - I never knew things were that bad for him :cry:

God I am such a bad wife - we did not speak the night before last over that stupid thing I mentioned above and then did not speak in the morning either - how pathetic I am - I could have lost my husband over something so pathetic.

He went up to our field in the morning and never came home:cry:
    After looking for him for 30 mins I had to call the police as I knew he could be suicidal - they were brilliant but my god it was the most awful time.

I thought he had hung himself as he had mentioned it before as a way out but hoped he wouldn't as he said he would not do that to our DD - thank god he stuck to his word.

I am angry with him but also relieved but then feel guilty that the Police have spent so much money on resources and all those volunteers etc and it was my fault :cry:

He went to hospital to see the crisis team and they later in the evening said he can come home if I will be here - so he will have crisis treatment at home and then he will get a mental health nurse next week.

I am so worried about him :cry:. I can't really let him out of my sight in case he does it again - he says he won't.

He is asleep at the moment and I am down here worrying and listening out for when he wakes :cry:

Hope to post again soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport