Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Comments

• Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    my thoughts too .......... anyone ask Tesco? :)

Christ.... How much do you guys want ???
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Destroyer wrote: »
    It looks as though Merlin have also been having a look at making changes this year to the passes, check out these new restrictions on the passes -

Entry is subject to attraction operating calendars. Standard pass exclusions include: No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. No entry during Fright Nights at THORPE PARK. No entry on 14th February at the London Eye. No entry on 30th and 31st October at the London Eye and The London Dungeon.

It makes me wonder if they are looking at introducing a new 'Premium' Annual Pass ?? Maybe it will also include a free 'Fastrack' option ??

Seems a PREMIUM pass is on it's way from the T&Cs, para 12
    "Restrictions apply to Standard Merlin Annual Pass including, but not being limited to,:
    12.1 NO entry into Madame Tussauds (London), The London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium and London Dungeon during the whole of August;
    12.2 NO entry into Thorpe Park on Fright Night dates;
    12.3 NO entry to the London Eye on 14 February, 30 October and 31 October; and
    12.4 NO entry to the London Dungeon on 30 October and 31 October
    These restrictions do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass"

There was a "not before 3 p.m. during August" restriction at London attractions last year, fright nights during half term carried a £2/£5 booking fee and the other valentines/halloween black outs were in place. So maybe the premium pass will just allow access during those restricted dates. Time will tell I guess.
  • SPL
    SPL Posts: 268 Forumite
    Flea, thanks for your earlier reply - we would definitely use it at chessington and london eye etc but as we have a sealife centre really close to us would have been good to pick it up from there. However, if the start date is the date that you pick it up then it still works as we get the twelve months.

Pompeyrich - how much is the premium pass and how do you get one of those as opposed to the standard ones?

Thanks to everyone for the updates and the OP for posting - hopefully will mean we get some good days out this year

SPL
  • Destroyer
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Seems a PREMIUM pass is on it's way from the T&Cs, para 12
    "Restrictions apply to Standard Merlin Annual Pass including, but not being limited to,:

These restrictions do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass"

Theyve definitely got something up their sleeve here, last year i was interviewed several times at venues on how they could 'improve' the annual pass, but i dont see this as improving ??

One thing i dont agree with at the parks is the fasttrack option which adds extra cost to your day - the queues are big enough & theres nothing more frustrating than watching someone go straight on the ride when youve queued for 2hours !!! Its just more greed for money from Merlin.

However i'm still not going to knock the £75 Gift Voucher.
  • pompeyrich
    SPL wrote: »
    Pompeyrich - how much is the premium pass and how do you get one of those as opposed to the standard ones?SPL

Not sure about the Premium Pass, it is mentioned in the T&Cs but no more info on their website, yet. I was checking the T&Cs, last year and initially they just mentioned "the pass", then "Standard pass" started appearing, now it states "By purchasing a Merlin Entertainments Group Standard or Premium, Individual or Family Annual Pass ("Annual Pass") you accept these Terms and Conditions of use.
  • Destroyer
    I reckon it will be £120 for the Standard & £150 for the Premium passes.
  • pompeyrich
    Destroyer wrote: »
    I reckon it will be £120 for the Standard & £150 for the Premium passes.

Obviously it's going to depend on the differences, if it is just an "anytime" pass, no blackout days then maybe thats about right, if it includes "fast track" then i would think it would have to be more, otherwise the fast track scheme would be overwhelmed and no real advantage.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Which one will the tesco one be I wonder?
    52% tight
  • Destroyer
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Which one will the tesco one be I wonder?

Probably the standard.
  • Destroyer
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Obviously it's going to depend on the differences, if it is just an "anytime" pass, no blackout days then maybe thats about right, if it includes "fast track" then i would think it would have to be more, otherwise the fast track scheme would be overwhelmed and no real advantage.

I am disapointed about the Fright Nights at Thorpe Park no longer being included, however i did pay £5 last year as an annual pass holder to guarentee entry. Each park has its capacity limit, & tbh the queues were massive last year unlike 2008 which werent too bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport