Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claire07
    • By claire07 24th Dec 09, 9:21 AM
    • 541Posts
    • 151Thanks
    claire07
    anyone else had "a sky+ error has occurred?
    • 24th Dec 09, 9:21 AM
    anyone else had "a sky+ error has occurred? 24th Dec 09 at 9:21 AM
    Had the above message last night and still getting it when I go to Sky planner. Says press select to restart or backup to continue without sky+ functionality. When I press select and turn all off and then eventually get the sky box to come out of standby still the same message if I go to the planner. Any suggestions? Or alternatively any recommendations on a good number (not premium rate!) to call sky customer services on. Wondered if the weather could be causing a problem but can access all the sky channels fine.
Page 1
    • ktuludays
    • By ktuludays 24th Dec 09, 9:42 AM
    • 356 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    ktuludays
    • 24th Dec 09, 9:42 AM
    • 24th Dec 09, 9:42 AM
    it appears to be a common problem with some boxes.

if you call sky they will fix it via your phone line plugged into the box
    You got to get through what you've got to go through to get what you want but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through.
  • computershack
    • 24th Dec 09, 12:23 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 12:23 PM
    Turn off the box at the mains, wait a minute then turn it back on. Also take the card out and give it a wipe. If you're on the old EPG, press Services 4,0,1,Select and select the Rebuild Planner option.
  • AndersonButler
    • 24th Dec 09, 12:44 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 12:44 PM
    I had this problem a couple of weeks back.

I rang Sky (not sure what the number was, just the main line).

A guy talked me through resetting the box. It took 5 minutes max to sort.

Problem hasn't occured since.
    • claire07
    • By claire07 24th Dec 09, 1:19 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    claire07
    • 24th Dec 09, 1:19 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 1:19 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll give it a go telephoning Sky Customer Services first to see if they can re-activate it. If not I'll have a go at the Rebuild Planner option, just worried that doing that will wipe all the programs recorded on the planner.
    • claire07
    • By claire07 24th Dec 09, 4:06 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    claire07
    • 24th Dec 09, 4:06 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 4:06 PM
    Just to update. Phoned Sky and the engineer took me through a rebuild on the telephone. Didn't work at first and looked as though I'd need a callout but then it worked. Unfortunately, meant it wiped all the sky planner recordings. Serves me right for letting a few series (Thick of It and Gavin & Stacey) build up - but great to have it working (crossed fingers) for Christmas. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • benjabob
    • 28th Dec 09, 4:31 PM
    Sky+ functionality is not available at this time
    • 28th Dec 09, 4:31 PM
    Very similar for me, mine said:

Sky+ functionality is not available at this time

Then showed the A Sky+ error has occurred message.

Turn off the box at the mains, wait a minute then turn it back on. Also take the card out and give it a wipe. If you're on the old EPG, press Services 4,0,1,Select and select the Rebuild Planner option.
    I tried computershack's method, but had to use the Full System Reset instead of Rebuild Planner, which did the trick. Wiped the planner of course, but at least I have Sky+ again.
    • helpadviseneeded
    • By helpadviseneeded 15th Feb 10, 8:36 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    helpadviseneeded
    • 15th Feb 10, 8:36 PM
    sky plus error
    • 15th Feb 10, 8:36 PM
    thank you for this advise, our box just froze and when we finally managed to get it switched back on the anytime option was gone and the recording function was not there. I have resetted as advised and lost all my saved programs but at least its working!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,492Posts Today

8,405Users online

Martin's Twitter